Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Does anyone mind telling me how room service "charges" appeared on their card please? Did it just say "JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel" or did it say something else? How about Spa charges? I'm asking because i'll be getting reimbursed, so i want to know how these charges will show up.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Any recent review? How's the CL?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:15 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Do they offer a shuttle to the Miami cruise port?

Is there any alternative parking available, besides valet?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Does anyone mind telling me how room service "charges" appeared on their card please? Did it just say "JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel" or did it say something else? How about Spa charges? I'm asking because i'll be getting reimbursed, so i want to know how these charges will show up.
Charge it all to your room folio, then it will show up on the bill as a Marriott charge.

...but please, don't make your employer pay for your 90-minute massage.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Also general FYI re: this property. Dinner I had at Bistro Moderne (Boulud's on-site restaurant) was the best dining experience of my entire life. Calling myself a 'foodie' would send a chill down my spine, but I definitely love and appreciate a good dining experience and would put this above 2/3 michelin starred restaurants I've visited. Flawless service, amazing ambiance, great food (clever menu, but not adventurous for the sake of being adventurous) executed perfectly.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:42 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Looks like they are charging a $15 fee daily now as a resort fee? Also noted that the only parking is valet at $45 a night.

Still thinking about trying the property but the rates seems high for my night versus other properties ie RC south beach is about the same, the 2 autograph south beach are $100 less. Reading the forum it looks like it might be worth the splurge since it is just a one night stay before a cruise out of POM. (and that restaurant sounds like something right up my alley)
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by kklems
Looks like they are charging a $15 fee daily now as a resort fee? Also noted that the only parking is valet at $45 a night.

Still thinking about trying the property but the rates seems high for my night versus other properties ie RC south beach is about the same, the 2 autograph south beach are $100 less. Reading the forum it looks like it might be worth the splurge since it is just a one night stay before a cruise out of POM. (and that restaurant sounds like something right up my alley)
On top of the JW is a 3-story hotel:

Hotel Beaux Arts Miami

If the room rate is about the same, I would choose the Beaux Arts. Note you may not earn any points. Not sure what the status is anymore for earning points.

In the past, one can use the lounge in the Beaux Arts or the JW. Not sure if that has changed.

If you are not planning to drive around, one can get from the airport to the JW via Metrorail. Will take about half or so.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by qazw1
On top of the JW is a 3-story hotel:

Hotel Beaux Arts Miami

If the room rate is about the same, I would choose the Beaux Arts. Note you may not earn any points. Not sure what the status is anymore for earning points.

In the past, one can use the lounge in the Beaux Arts or the JW. Not sure if that has changed.

If you are not planning to drive around, one can get from the airport to the JW via Metrorail. Will take about half or so.
On the Hotel Beaux Arts home page of its website:

Hotel no longer participates in Marriott Rewards
Please note: This hotel no longer participates in the Marriott Rewards Program.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that access to the BA lounge stopped when it stopped participating in the Marriott Rewards program.

Thanks for the trip re: getting to the JW via Metrorail.

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by kklems

Longtime lurker first time poster!

I've spent more than 25 nights at this hotel since Jan 1, as well as a week in October, and I do love it. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed, the staff is great, there are some nice dining choices, and the gym is well-equipped. As for the concierge lounge, the views are beautiful, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast offerings are pretty good. The evening offerings are not as impressive.

That being said, depending on how early you'll arrive for your one night, I'm not sure it's worth it. The rates are quite high, and the resort fee covers things like time on the indoor basketball court, virtual bowling, yoga studio, golf simulator, etc, that you may not get to enjoy depending on your arrival time. Also, the pool gets shaded by buildings (probably by my office!).

If you're arriving early enough to take advantage of the amenities, then by all means it's worth it. If you're only arriving at 5pm and leaving at 8am the next morning, I'd say find somewhere cheaper.

Hope this is satisfactory for a first post!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On the Hotel Beaux Arts home page of its website:

Hotel no longer participates in Marriott Rewards
Please note: This hotel no longer participates in the Marriott Rewards Program.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that access to the BA lounge stopped when it stopped participating in the Marriott Rewards program.

Thanks for the trip re: getting to the JW via Metrorail.

Cheers.
I was lucky to be able to do a rewards stay with them while they still were part of the program. They upgraded me to one of the smaller suites. It is similar to a Vegas boutique room.

I am not sure the lost of the JW lounge is a big deal. The Beaux Arts lounge is small and limited. However, it was adequate. Not sure how much had changed since my visit from several years ago.

By the way, one can easily navigate to Brickell and have access to the numerous restaurants there. I believe that is free using the metro mover or a lengthy walk. Also, I believe they open a Whole Food several blocks away.

One can also navigate down to Dadeland mall via Metrorail. That is a fairly nice, medium scale mall. About half hour ride. But there is a lengthy walk involved once exiting Metrorail to the mall.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rockawaybeachgirl

I've spent more than 25 nights at this hotel since Jan 1, as well as a week in October, and I do love it. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed, the staff is great, there are some nice dining choices, and the gym is well-equipped. As for the concierge lounge, the views are beautiful, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast offerings are pretty good. The evening offerings are not as impressive.

That being said, depending on how early you'll arrive for your one night, I'm not sure it's worth it. The rates are quite high, and the resort fee covers things like time on the indoor basketball court, virtual bowling, yoga studio, golf simulator, etc, that you may not get to enjoy depending on your arrival time. Also, the pool gets shaded by buildings (probably by my office!).

If you're arriving early enough to take advantage of the amenities, then by all means it's worth it. If you're only arriving at 5pm and leaving at 8am the next morning, I'd say find somewhere cheaper.

Thanks for the input. Great advice re check in time but I am actually coming in the night before 1130pm/12am and will sleep out by the airport and was planning to check in as early as they will let me. ( so I suppose technically it would be a two night stay but if I don't land and get to hotel until after midnight.....)
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:02 am

charging a resort fee is ridiculous. This hotel is NO Resort. SMH!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

I've spent more than 25 nights at this hotel since Jan 1, as well as a week in October, and I do love it.

(snip)

rockawaybeachgirl, welcome to Flyertalk & thanks for an excellent first post!

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:26 pm
Original Member

If they are charging $15 a day for a resort in order to allow for "enhanced high speed Internet and amazing entertainments!" I wonder if they still charge extra for the BB courts, golf, bowling etc.

edited yep

Family & Children's Activities
Mariano Bartolome Golf School 0 miles

Perfect your swing and play virtual golf with the pros!
Phone: +1-305-421-8750
Fee: 130.00 USD

Virtual Bowling 0 miles

Choose from several different bowling games at our virtual bowling alley. Hourly fees apply.
Phone: +1-305-421-6070
Fee: 50.00 USD

Basketball 0 miles

Shoot some hoops in our NBA-approved basketball arena! Hourly fees apply.
Fee: 500.00 USD

Billiard Table 0 miles

Sharpen your billiards skills on our competition sized pool table. Hourly fees apply.
Fee: 50.00 USD
Old May 15, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt

OH! I that so...Last time i went there, they charged individual fees for those things. I think the basketball court was $50 for 30mins or 1 hour. Now the $15 covers everything?...Great. I don't mind paying since im going for fun this time, i've use all the amenities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.