Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Seattle Marriott Waterfront [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Marriott Waterfront [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 4:33 pm

You can call

BS but it is what happened. In fact with platinum for a number of years have rarely gotten an upgrade (but not worried too much about it) and given most lounges are closed on weekends...can't partake of that benefit. Niagra Falls a couple of weekends ago got an upgrade but paid a premium for the room in the first place due to timing etc. Next night in New York got the room overlooking the parking lot...have a dozen rooms (including two weeks in Hawaii at two different locations) over the year and don't expect much...but a clean comfortable bedroom and a clean bathroom. Everything else is a bonus.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:47 am

Any recent stays?

Will be arriving on a Saturday. As a Platinum, I understand the concierge lounge may be closed on weekends. But does the property offer any comp breakfast as an alternative to the closed lounge on Sunday mornings?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
On my visit last year they offered me a $5.00 coupon off of breakfast in the restaurant on the week end.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:40 pm

Thank You Seattle Marriott Waterfront

I recently stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront to attend the NCAA Volleyball Championships. I was hitting Platinum with the stay and I asked for an upgrade and it was granted. The concierge lounge was well stocked and staffed by excellent personnel. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was beautiful. The hotel helped make what was a wonderful weekend even better.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:20 pm

recent stay

I'm pleased to share some experiences regarding a recent weekend stays at this property.

INTRO
As the name suggests, it's about 50 feet from the water, which makes for a very scenic backdrop for a morning run. It's about a 10 minute walk to Pike Place Market and about a 10 minute walk to the ferris wheel on pier 57.

CHECK IN
No issues at all. As plat, I was happily upgraded to a Junior Suite.

BREAKFAST
The concierge lounge is open 7 days a week for breakfast. On weekends, it's only open til noon. Lounge breakfast had lots of pastries, fresh cut fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, juices, meats, and of course, coffee.

The lounge is not accessible for water/soda after noon on weekends. My stay did not coincide with any of its weeknight hors d'oeuvres / dessert, so I can not comment on this.

ROOMS
I was really happy with the Junior Suite! It was a corner room, with floor-to-ceiling windows literally along 2 entire walls. It was truly waterfront and had a completely unobstructed view of the water. Waking up each morning to a fog over the water was really nice.

RESTAURANT
There is one hotel restaurant onsite, which I felt consistently served good tasting, high-quality offerings. It was actually very nice and would enthusiastically recommend it!

PARKING
This was really the only downside to this property. It is valet only and they charge about $40/night + tax. Though there are other parking structures nearby, I don't believe they allow in-and-out privileges. Unfortunately, this hotel does not offer any stay packages that include parking.

Overall, I was quite pleased with the stay and service, and would not hesitate to visit again in the future.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
I'll be staying at this property too early March. Does anyone know if they offer a shuttle to the airport? Is Seattle a city where you def need a rental?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Seattle Marriott Waterfront

No shuttle to the airport. It's a long distance. I take the Link Light Rail to downtown then either walk or taxi to the hotel.

Depending on your plans, a car can be an anchor or an asset. If you plan on being downtown the whole time then no car is needed. If you plan to see more of the region then a car is essential. Rainier looks so close but it's not.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Just completed my stay in Seattle this weekend, so wanted to leave my reviews while its still fresh. I'll follow the template of cabrits above.

INTRO
What an incredible location on the waterfront. You can go out the entrance and be right on the water. It's walking distance to the ferris wheel, waterfront restaurants, aquarium, and pike place. Pike place is just a 10min walk (with elevator, maybe more if you take the stairs) that brings you under the highway and straight to the market. Tons to just walk around and see. I'd also recommend a jog from the hotel on Alaskay way all the way down to Pier 86. Fantastic scene route that lets you see the olympic park, the ocean on your left (or right) the entire time, takes you to the Amgen double helix bridge, and if you are lucky, a huge bulk freighter getting its load of grain from the shipment yard. What a backdrop.

CHECK IN
They have separate lines and dedicated staff for normal check-in and elite. I did not get upgraded to a suite. I got an interior room with views of the ocean. Welcome gift was 500 points or $10 food credit per night.

BREAKFAST
The concierge lounge is open 7 days a week for breakfast and on the 8th floor. As Cabrit mentioned, "lounge breakfast had lots of pastries, fresh cut fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, juices, meats, and of course, coffee." There is bar seating (no alcohol) over looking the ocean, and sofas if you want to eat in front of the TV. You need a key card to access.

ROOMS
The layout of the floors is kind of weird. Elevators are right in the middle of the floor allowing access, but if you are in the of the back corner rooms, some times you have to take the long way around, and not go down the hallway on the shortest side. Hard to explain. There's complimentary laundry on 2nd floor with 2 washers and dryers. That came in handy. Have to buy detergent at the front desk.

RESTAURANT
Hotel restaurant is called Hook n Plow, which uses the "farm to table" concept. Food was decently priced and tasty. Portions were average. I ordered the oysters which were too small in my opinion, a cheese and sausage plate, and crab cakes. Free wifi is available, and is independent of the same network as your room.

PARKING
"This was really the only downside to this property. It is valet only and they charge about $40/night + tax." Agreed. This was pretty much the big downer of the property and I get why. On weekends you might be able to street park and save some money. After 8pm sat, the street parking is free until the end of Sunday. Valet and other entrance staff were very nice and courteous.

I'd stay at this hotel again for sure. It was about a 25min drive from SEA and the downside of the commute is the crazy uphills and downhills. The traffic lights aren't that synced so you may be holding your foot on the brake on a hill repeatedly. Easy access to highways headed to Univ. of Washington and Boeing.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott and SPG Plat, Avis First
Seattle Waterfront Marriott - Blackout

Was looking to book a reward stay for a weekend this summer (couple months out). It seems like this hotel has simply blacked out the weekends I was looking for. There seem to be plenty of rooms available for paid stays. I guess I haven't run into this before. Is this typical? Is there a chance reward rooms may free up as it gets closer?
Old May 17, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by plum4457
Was looking to book a reward stay for a weekend this summer (couple months out). It seems like this hotel has simply blacked out the weekends I was looking for. There seem to be plenty of rooms available for paid stays. I guess I haven't run into this before. Is this typical? Is there a chance reward rooms may free up as it gets closer?
You might try changing you length of stay. Sometimes MLOS blocks out the ability to see rooms for specific stays. Depending upon what flexibility you have for travel dates, try each day individually and then try various combinations of consecutive days. I've done this for paid stays as well to see if better rates show up.

If the above doesn't yield any offerings, you might try contacting the property to see if they really meant to not offer point stays in your travel window. Maybe someone forgot to load the inventory.
Old May 17, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
That is prime time travel season to Seattle. Wouldn't surprise me if there is a max on reward stays it has already been reached.

Good luck.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by apodo77
That is prime time travel season to Seattle. Wouldn't surprise me if there is a max on reward stays it has already been reached.

Good luck.
Also, the cruise lines running to Alaska have contracts with the Seattle Waterfront Marriott for pre & post cruise stays. Not sure if the Alaska cruise season can be classified as a special event, but this may be impacting reward stay availability.

Don't think changing the length of the reward stay will help in this case.
Using the, "My Dates are Flexible feature," and a 1 night stay, there are no points rooms available for check in on Saturdays from June through September 12. There are a couple of Friday nights check ins available (July 31, Aug. 21, and Sept. 4.), but there are no two night reward stays available beginning on a Friday night until after Sept. 11. There is a two night reward stay available starting Saturday August 29 and there are also three and four night award stays available that same weekend. When cruise season ends in mid September, availability seems to open back up.

You can try contacting Marriott Rewards or the hotel directly and see if they can open up any rooms for you. But usually that yields a bunch of excuses and differing explanations about the rewards room availability policy.

Regards,

RIP...
Old May 18, 2015, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Sounds like cruise traffic.

Is the Renaissance available? That's always been my favorite downtown Seattle property anyway... (Granted, our office was kind of in the middle of downtown, so waterfront didn't mean much to me...other than what part of the day I walked uphill vs. downhill.)
Old May 18, 2015, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - recent report on SEA Ren in exec lounge sticky is their exec lounge is now open on the weekends. REN is normally pretty good about upgrades. Only tip is to ask for a room not facing I-5/freeway. Mentioning all that in case the Waterfront doesn't work out.

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott and SPG Plat, Avis First
Thanks all. Yes, I snagged the Ren once I realized that waterfront wasn't available. Going with the family so trying to get the best location for all the tourist traps. I'll continue to watch and see if the WF Marriott opens up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.