Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Seattle Marriott Waterfront [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Marriott Waterfront [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Florida Flyer
Ohmark, before I started this thread I should have mentioned that I did book the Courtyard on Lake Union as a backup.
Then, I would recommend you call/e-mail the CY and specifically request an upgrade (if its considered an upgrade) to a lakeview room. It's very cool to watch the seaplanes take-off from and land on the lake. Also, a nice walk down the street on which the CY is located takes you by many of Seattle's houseboat communities. Another interesting sight.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:53 pm
rln

AAA rate at SeaTac Marriott is $125 per night. This property is newly remodeled. The lobby and bar are brand new; the atrium is as nice as ever. Plats are comped on weekends to one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had (featuring vanilla malted waffles, eggs benedict, salmon scramble made with the fish of the same name, cream cheese, and dill and much, much more). Really, its a very beautiful property. To get downtown, just catch the 194 at baggage claim and it'll leave you at Quest Field in about 20 or so minutes. You can, of course, catch the bus back to the airport at the same location - or at any number of downtown spots. The bus travels, for the most part, on the freeway. This is not much more time spent riding than it would take from the Courtyard. With all the money you'll save, you can splurge at any number of Seattle restaurants. Heck, the savings may cover the cost of the game tickets. Go Hawks.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Florida Flyer
And freemiles, you're not talking about the generic corporate rate, are you? Because that isn't available for those dates as far as I can tell. The hotel is sold out.

I get the feeling you're talking about a particular corporate rate. You can PM me if you'd prefer not to talk openly about this here.

Thanks
Have you checked your PM?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:31 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Thumbs down Marriott Waterfront - Seattle

Just checked into the Seattle Marriott Waterfront and much to my surprise the the FD informed me the CL is closed this week and next due to lack of customers Talk about feeling as if I'm not appreciated! To close the CL is one thing, but the reason given shouldn't make those of us who were expecting the benefit feel un-welcome. I was given the option of free breakfast in the hotel restaurant but that's not going to do me any good when I want a bottle of water, a soft drink or a snack. And just because I'm griping, $36.00/night is too much for parking.

Should have stayed at the CY.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
I'm in the midst of a stay at the Marriott Waterfront and want to echo the OP's points. The front desk seems way off its game - no breakfast, etc. was offered when I asked if the c-lounge was open, elite status wasn't acknowledged at check-in, I wasn't given a room upgrade and my standing request for a high floor room wasn't granted, either. Individually none are huge deals to me, but together they add up to a level of service that's far below what I expect from an otherwise beautiful property.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Wow-that was not the case when I stayed there....I got CL access, a room on the top floor and all the bells and whistles....im sorry that they gave you that reason....i'd be pissed too......my room had water bottles in it--i guess yours dont?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I stayed at a Marriott over Christmas and the lounge was (expectedly) closed. Since Christmas eve/day was on a weekday, the hotel provided vouchers for breakfast and an additional voucher that could be used anytime in one of the hotel's restaurants/lounge as an allowance for snacks. I thought it was a very fair tradeoff.

I think the OP is being a little too sensitive. MANY lounges close this time of year due to the lack of elite travelers. I have seen some hotels close off wings of rooms during the holiday slump to allow for maintenance such as carpet cleaning. If you need snacks/drinks that badly, then the couple of bucks from the vending machines (or a quick trip to a local grocery store) won't kill you.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:08 pm
rln

Don't know what your rate was, but I elected to stay at the Seattle Airport Marriott - (almost) completely remodeled with the new fitness center just opened. The rate was $99 per night. Well worth it. Yes, the lounge was closed. But for weekdays, elites were issued vouchers good for breakfast (including room service) and an appetizer of your choice (could have had, for instance, a jumbo shrimp, dungeness crab cocktail), I'm sorry for those who just "have" to stay downtown. One can take the 194 bus from the airport and - for $1.25 - 1.50 - be at most points downtown in about thirty minutes. Yes, I've stayed at the Waterfront and it is attractive. But, especially during El Nino, its great to stay at the Airport property - on the inside, the atrium area gives you the feel that you could be in the tropics. Save money. Get treated well. Try the Airport Marriott!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow...a thumbs-down on the Seattle Waterfront Marriott. That caught my eye...this is one of my favorite hotels and I think the staff there is great.

First of all, parking. I do about 50 nights per year at Seattle Waterfront, and I've *never* parked my rental car at the hotel. Even though it's on my client's dime, and even though it would clearly bring me more MR points, I can't bring myself to do it when FREE overnight parking is easily had within a 30 second walk from the front door. It's just one of those things: I don't feel guilty expensing a nice dinner, but I do feel guilty expensing $36 for no reason other than to "buy" a few Marriott points. *shrug* I agree that parking cost is very high, but clearly lots of business travelers don't mind paying it - I always see the valet guys hustling to park & retrieve cars.

Second, the lounge. It's been closed since well before Christmas - I was there in mid-December. In general, I've noticed several Marriotts in 2007 alone closing down their lounges more and more often - including on non-holiday weekdays when it would typically be open. (Renaissance Minneapolis did the same thing in mid-November prior to Thanksgiving.) Although this is starting to become a bit of a peeve of mine, I can't gripe too much about Seattle Waterfront - the front desk specifically said to call 'em directly if I wanted a bottle of water or a Coke and it would get sent up free of charge. And the Fish Club apps & breakfasts were very good - superior to what I would have received in the lounge, and it's a pretty good lounge.

Seattle Airport Marriott is good as airport hotels go, but unless you have a 6AM flight, who wants to stay at an airport hotel for more than a few hours? I stay there once in a while prior to that 6AM SEA-DEN United flight, but any other time I'd rather be downtown.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:17 pm

Smile

Just so there is no mistake about the intent of my message I would like to make clear that all the people I dealt with at the hotel were extremely professional and polite. This is also one of my favorite Marriotts and I will continue to stay there in the future.

My one and only complaint was about the CL being closed mid week. I did receive complimentary breakfast in the Fish House and it was far superior to what would have been available in the CL. Had I known the CL was closed I would have stayed at the Renaissance.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
Had I known the CL was closed I would have stayed at the Renaissance.
You would've been disappointed - their lounge has been closed for WEEKS for renovations. (I'm not sure when it reopens.)

I did an early December stay and they had turned a conference room on the 4th floor into a makeshift "lounge".
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:13 am

I stayed at the Ren this past weekend and was not disappointed. I knew in advance that the CL had been moved to the 4th floor so I wasn't expecting much. I was surprised they put as much effort into the temporary CL as they did. I was expecting folding chairs and vending machines, FWIW, the CL attendent told me they hoped to be back upstairs shortly.

On a side note I used a B1G1 cert on a rate that included parking and everything was handled correctly by the FD. Even managed to get upgraded to a corner room without asking.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:44 am

Smile Seattle Waterfront Marriott

Did any one use the Seattle Waterfront Marriott this summer for either pre- or post-cruise?

Would appreciate any comments on the hotel.

I've booked it for next July after our Alaska cruise on Holland America. Was able to book it at the pointsavers level.^
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you do a search in the forum (upper right corner), a # of threads re: Seattle Waterfront will come up that should answer your question. Enjoy your cruise! Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you do a search in the forum (upper right corner), a # of threads re: Seattle Waterfront will come up that should answer your question. Enjoy your cruise! Cheers.
I had already done that before I started my new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.