Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Warsaw Marriott Hotel, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warsaw Marriott Hotel, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I forgot to post this earlier. Mrs. FindAWay and I spent a night at the Warsaw Marriott last fall. And, I have a lot of pictures and a review posted here:

Warsaw Marriott Hotel (and Executive Lounge), Warsaw, Poland

As an example, here's the executive lounge:

as part of my full trip report: Austria, Switzerland & Warsaw - Flying in J (OS, LX & LO 787) Riding Trains & Hiking!, which includes getting to and from the hotel using the train from the airport.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:47 am
Suspended

Spent 3-days here in mid-May.
Upgraded to a Junior Suite.
No PAG offered - management said just given points as assumed choice (really, no choice then!)
Lounge open 24/7 (except limited holidays) but difficult to locate as it’s on the same 2nd floor as the restaurant and easy to confuse (no info provided by the front desk). Lounge staff nearly outnumber the guests!
For us the location was perfect as we were using Polish Rail to travel Poland and the main station is directly across the street.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:45 pm

Stay Report

Had a quick 3-night stay here at the Warsaw Marriott.

Arrival
Arrival at Chopin Airport and was a quick 20 minute ride to the property at noon on a weekday. Bellman available for luggage assistance.

Check-in
The place is pretty much a mess. The setup is in a shape of an L. Theoretically there is one line but everyone and their mothers were cutting and just standing in front of one of many desks. The front desk agents also have a "deer in the headlight" look when people in line complain in Polish/English/Some other languages but still continue to assist the line cutter.

Other than this, check-in was handled properly. Asked for what I wanted to PAG. Selected the local gift. Upgraded to a corner room on the 36th floor. Given lounge information sheet.

Accommodations
The corner rooms are large and spacious with large bedroom area and sitting area and large bathroom with windows and separate showers. Standard amenities. The corner room had sweeping views of Warsaw, one side facing the train station, the other side facing the river side. PAG was a half bottle of wine, sparkling water, and some local sweets and salty snacks.

Lounge
Lounge is located on the 2nd floor, right above the open atrium of the lobby. Entrance is across from the Italian restaurant. The lounge is fairly large and is open from early in the morning to midnight. Breakfast can only be taken in the lounge unless your rate includes breakfast. There is afternoon tea and evening snacks. Breakfast is the lounge is, for a lack of a better word, lacking. Its European continental with scrambled eggs and a daily meat or meats. Afternoon tea is nice with lots of cakes and snacks. Evening offering is sufficient with some hot food options, a soup, and a variety of snacks. Wine and beer available in the evening.

Breakfast Restaurant
My rate included breakfast. The restaurant is large but packed on the days that I was there. Lots of selection. At least 10 heated items, omelette bar, pancake/waffle bar, large bakery section, lots of salad items, fruit bar, etc. Service can be a hit or miss.

Recreation
Like other hotels in Warsaw (namely the Hilton), the fitness center is outsourced to Holmes Place. In the basement, the fitness is medium sized (probably half the size of the Hilton Warsaw). The pool is extremely small but is deep so if water treading is your choice of pool exercise, you will love it here. Standard stuff, no complaints.

Italian Restaurant
Had dinner the first night here since I was jetlagged. Decent Italian food. Semi-decent wine considering it was on the house with a coupon card on the desk of my room. Its especially good because it's inexpensive for a hotel and the type of food offered. Dinner for 1 with starter, entree, and dessert (and free wine) and tip came out to be about $25USD (gotta love that exchange rate).

Overall
The location of the hotel is great. Right next to the Central Train Station (connected underneath) and shopping plaza. The Intercontinental, Westin, and the Hilton may be a better choice in terms of "newer" hotel but Marriott is decent for what it offers.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the detail trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton DIA, Accor Plat, IHG Spire, Marriot Titanium Elite, Total Rewards Diamond
Anybody had any luck have Marriott benefits recognised on 3rd party bookings?

I have a package via British Airways, and I'm Marriott gold.

Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Simmonds87
Anybody had any luck have Marriott benefits recognised on 3rd party bookings?

I have a package via British Airways, and I'm Marriott gold.

Thanks
Marriott, unlike other programs, provides "elite recognition" benefits on 3rd party bookings. Show your Gold card at check-in (or on phone/app) & you should get exec lounge access, free i-net, potential upgrade. You will not get night/points credit for the room because of the BA package but if you have incidental spend that goes on your credit card you should get points for the incidental spend.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I just completed a four-night stay here and left via train for the Sheraton Krakow. Not too many recent comments in this thread so I wanted to provide a full update.

Check-in and Room
  • I arrived with my wife and two-year-old son at WAW a bit after 10PM; we took the airport train which was around a 20 minute ride to the city. There are two different trains going to two different stations in Warsaw - the stations are next to each other, although Centralna is a little bit closer to the Marriott I would just take whichever train is coming first. We came into Śródmieście, we couldn't get the elevator to work so we did have to haul all of our stuff up a couple of flights of stairs - exit toward the rear of the train from the airport and you will see the Marriott as soon as you exit.
  • As a Marriott Platinum, I was upgraded to a Corner Junior Suite on the 29th floor. Based on the floor plan the room itself seems like a similar size to the basic rooms, except the Junior Suite has a very large bathroom with a tub, separate shower, and lots of windows and vanity space. The bathroom was dated but very clean and in good condition. There were great views from both the bathroom and bedroom. The bedroom has a pull-out couch as part of a small sitting area. The bed was soft but comfortable. The room was very quiet, I didn't hear any noise at all either from outside or adjacent rooms. The room was exactly what FindAWay pictures in his review above.
  • There were plenty of outlets near the desk, one was a US outlet although it didn't seem to work that well - it was slow to charge my iPhone and wouldn't charge my camera at all. The European outlets worked fine with my adapter. The WiFi was slow but workable.
Lounge and Dining
  • Upon arrival it was after 11PM and our son needed something to eat, so we went to Champion's (the hotel’s sports bar) which is located outside of the main lobby in the office building that shares space with the Marriott. A burger, hummus plate, and three beers were $34 total which I thought was a very fair price for a hotel restaurant. The food was fine and the kitchen is open until midnight. Although not really within the hotel itself, you can charge your bill to your room.
  • On the next block is Radio Café where we ate twice – pierogies, sausages, and other Polish dishes – fair prices (around $25 for a meal for three) and good food
  • The lounge is located on the 2nd floor and is, again, just like FindAWay pictures above. Breakfast went til 1030 and included eggs, sausages and bacon, and another rotating dish (e.g. French Toast) along with a variety of juices and smoothies, cold cuts and cheese, and good baked goods. Breakfast was above average. In the evening, beer and wine were available until 930PM and there were at least 4 beer choices – a double IPA, a wheat beer, a single IPA, and a fourth choice – along with sparkling wine and other wines. I do not recall if there was hard liquor. Typically 1 or 2 desserts were also available in the evening along with appetizers.. we only had appetizers one evening but they had dumplings, soup, and then standard meats, cheeses, breads, and vegetables. Drinks were put away at 930 although the lounge is open 24 hours a day for water and light snacks (e.g. nuts). My wife and son went for afternoon tea one day, I didn't see it myself but their report is that it's more cakes and sweets and not an English-style tea setup.
  • The lounge generally had 2-3 employees on the floor plus a concierge, the staff were very friendly and gave our son a stuffed bear along with a pirate activity kit which was good for a few minutes of distraction ^.
Warsaw Comments
  • I was surprised by how child-friendly Warsaw seemed.. we saw young children everywhere and many restaurants had either playgrounds or play areas built right in for children. For example, we visited Pub Lolek located inside Pole Mokotoskie park, they had a full-sized play structure, sand pit, and other toys within the outdoor part of the restaurant. I had never seen anything quite like it, my 2-year old had a great time playing while we enjoyed beer and dinner. The next day we went to another restaurant that had an even nicer play/climbing structure setup. Other restaurants we visited had indoor play rooms or play corners with toys. I would love to have something like this in the US and it made eating out with a child a breeze.
  • We spent four nights at this hotel – we arrived very late on the first day and left first thing on the last day so that left us around three days. Without a child you could see Warsaw in two days or, if you really hurried, one day. But we enjoyed our time in Warsaw, it’s a very pleasant city to walk around with a lot of nice parks, and the child-friendliness was great.
  • Warsaw is extremely budget friendly, we live in a major Northeastern city and found most items in Warsaw to be at most half of what they would cost at home. Beers were typically $2 or so, main courses $6-9. All sightseeing admission fees for everything we wanted to do were reasonable.
  • For transit we found the “Group Weekend Ticket” to be an especially good deal, it was $10 from 7PM Friday through 8AM Monday and includes up to 5 people traveling together, unlimited rides, including to/from the airport. For our last day we bought day passes, the transit was very easy to use with the help of Google Maps and the Marriott is well situated to many tram and bus lines. The trams and buses both have 1-2 spots (in general) where you can roll a stroller right on board, no need to fold it up unless the spots are full.
When we left this morning, you couldn’t beat the 2-minute walk to Centralna station to catch our train (speaking of deals, around $58 altogether for my wife, son, and me to ride on the Premium Intercity train to Krakow) and overall I felt the Marriott was a great value and well located. I would definitely stay here again. Altogether, the room rate plus tax was around 520PLN per night, with the Citi Prestige fourth night free we were out the door for around $100 per night.
strayersong likes this.

Last edited by River in Sight; Jul 4, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:19 am

Thanks for the detailed review. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
River in Sight thanks for the report.

My wife and I will be at the Warsaw Marriott for three nights beginning 24-AUG (arriving WAW from EWR on LO).
Will update with any "news"
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:33 am

Oh yes, Warsaw is quite the kid-friendly city - I would say the same for Kraków as well.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:11 pm

According to the What to Expect page for Marriott Warsaw:

Available benefits vary by location and membership tier. At this hotel, please note that we currently offer the following Marriott Bonvoy benefits:

Breakfast: Provided according to standard
Lounge Access: Lounge is closed; guests get social service at Floor No 2 Restaurant
Welcome Gift: Provided according to standard
Late Check-Out: Provided according to standard
Has anyone stayed during covid and know what the social service at Floor No. 2 Restaurant is all about i'm assuming in lieu of the closed lounge.
Reading the Westin Warsaw thread, seems like a good lite dinner option for club eligible guests.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by myperks
According to the What to Expect page for Marriott Warsaw:

Has anyone stayed during covid and know what the social service at Floor No. 2 Restaurant is all about i'm assuming in lieu of the closed lounge.
Reading the Westin Warsaw thread, seems like a good lite dinner option for club eligible guests.
The club moved over to the 2nd floor restaurant. They had a full spread in the evening, hot food, drinks, etc. Breakfast was also at the restaurant, again full spread. No "in lieu of" as they had the normal offerings
myperks and reggiekush like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Any recent experiences at this property? I am going there next week for three nights and any tips are always welcome. I'm Lifetime Titanium.

TIA
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Any recent experiences at this property? I am going there next week for three nights and any tips are always welcome. I'm Lifetime Titanium.

TIA
Would have been good if you had updated us all on your own experience there; future guests would thank you!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by puchong
Would have been good if you had updated us all on your own experience there; future guests would thank you!
Ha - you beat me to it.
Basically I ended up being very pleased with the treatment I received. There was a hiccup at check in when i was put into a normal room despite the fact i had use suite upgrade vouchers and had an email confirming the upgrade. When I showed them the email the person doing the check in went into the back office and when he returned he apologised for the mix up and put me into a two level suite on the 40th floor. WTR regard to the breakfast, there is small area by the entrance to the main restaurant reserved for those entitled to lounge access or you can sit in the main area, either way you have the full breakfast buffet to feast on. The Lounge itself is very nice, the evening "snacks" were very good and the free wine (including prosseco) and beer was served until 10pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.