FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   [LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/851534-left-marriott-park-central-san-francisco-master-thread.html)

DivMiler Jun 18, 2007 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Scott218 (Post 7876669)
Is there a club lounge at the Westin SF Market Street?

Bump. I assume there is a club, since there are club-level rooms. Does anybody know what it is like? I'll be there this week for the first time.

sbrower Jun 20, 2007 10:51 pm

I am at the property now. I called to find out if there is a lounge, but I didn't find out (and I didn't really mind). Instead of answering my question they said "Tonight is the Grand Opening Party and you are invited so come down to the 2nd floor."

It was wonderful. There were hundreds of well-dressed people (I assume hotel employees, investors, Starwood and Westin executives, etc.). The food and drink were phenomenal (sushi, sashimi, roast beef, fajitas, dim sum, amazing desserts, bars with full service). And the dance band was one of the best I have ever seen (5 pieces + 3 vocalists).

Thank you Westin!!

bigjim Jun 21, 2007 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by DivMiler (Post 7918698)
Bump. I assume there is a club, since there are club-level rooms. Does anybody know what it is like? I'll be there this week for the first time.

Never assume.:eek:

There currently isn't a lounge but I don't know if there might be plans to open one. I doubt it - it seems like the trend is eliminating clubs in the newer hotels.

KathyWdrf Jun 21, 2007 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by bigjim (Post 7939713)
Never assume.:eek:

There currently isn't a lounge but I don't know if there might be plans to open one. I doubt it - it seems like the trend is eliminating clubs in the newer hotels.

Yeah, because the club costs money to run and occupies valuable space that could be rented out as guest rooms. (Westin Pasadena comes to mind -- they apparently used to have one but eliminated it.)

I don't like it, but I understand. However, it gripes me that any hotel would use the term "club level" when in fact there's no actual club. That's misleading. :mad:

fabsco Jun 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Westin Market Street MASTER THREAD (Merged)

First i want to say that i have yet to have a bad experience at a Starwood Property. But this weekend, we are off to a bad start.

We checked in last night at the Westin Market Street and our first impression of the room and view was very nice.

We got in late and quickly went to bed. As the room rumbled louder and began to shake a little we wondered what the sound was. It sounded like a freight train or roller coaster.

unfortunately, i told my wife we would handle it in the morning (big mistake for me) i slept on and off and apparently she did not sleep and all and i received the benefit of that today :mad: She was even wearing the Bose Noise Cancellation headsets!! Anyway, my wife told the manager this morning who apparently was not to receptive to the complaint, and stated that the person checking us in should have told us that it was by the elevator. Well that did not happen. She promised to have our stuff moved to a "very nice room" four doors down from the elevator while we were at our convention.

We arrived back at the hotel at 5:00 and went to pick up the keys to the new room. I was then given keys to first room. Conversation continued and we were assigned another room. which sounded fine at first. But we just layed down for a nap, and again, the freight train is here, but much quiter this time.

As for the room number, stay away from 3117, or probably any "17" for that matter.

Well three more nights, hopefully this gets better.

Also, I am gold and we were put on a high room but not a "preferred guest" room. We were moved to a preferred guest room for the second night.

I guess if all else fails, there is a four seasons across the street.

bigjim Jun 21, 2007 7:16 pm

Going to spg.com - I don't find "club rooms" for the Westin San Francisco Market Street. Not sure where DivMiler got his info.

RedPanda5 Jun 21, 2007 7:17 pm

the four seasons is more like up the street.

i recently stayed at this hotel and while i found the room small it was a decent stay considering the renovations in the lobby. As a platinum guest I didn't get what i thought to be a preferred room, but i did get one of those corner rooms at the end thats shaped like a wedge. As I was only there to sleep off a night out on the town it was ok.

genoval Jun 21, 2007 7:43 pm

Any good restaurant at walking distance? I'll spend only one night at the hotel.

couscous Jun 21, 2007 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by genoval (Post 7939982)
Any good restaurant at walking distance? I'll spend only one night at the hotel.

I recommend Boulevard on the embarcadero or Plouf on Belden Alley if you like to eat outside. Enjoy !

SpeedRicer Jun 23, 2007 8:39 pm

Question for the SF hotel regulars: which would you take between the Westin SF Market St and the Palace, if the priority was room space (especially taking into account Platinum upgrades).

I have a reservation in July, and there'll be three of us, so I would preferably like two doubles with a rollaway (not sure if either hotel would allow this, though). Rate-wise, both are the same when you include the extra fee for the third guest.

Thanks! ^

stc Jun 23, 2007 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by genoval (Post 7948587)
What is the best way to get to this hotel from the airport ?

Define "best"?

Cheapest - BART and walk

Easiest - Taxi

stc Jun 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by prashok (Post 7948658)
Question for the SF hotel regulars: which would you take between the Westin SF Market St and the Palace, if the priority was room space (especially taking into account Platinum upgrades).

I have a reservation in July, and there'll be three of us, so I would preferably like two doubles with a rollaway (not sure if either hotel would allow this, though). Rate-wise, both are the same when you include the extra fee for the third guest.

Thanks! ^

Given the Westin is new as a Starwood property, I'm not sure there is much of a track record. The Westin is probably more "centrally" located and we'd all probably like to here about experiences there, so I'd say go with the Westin.

Eastbay1K Jun 23, 2007 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by stc (Post 7948883)
Given the Westin is new as a Starwood property, I'm not sure there is much of a track record. The Westin is probably more "centrally" located and we'd all probably like to here about experiences there, so I'd say go with the Westin.

The Westin and the Palace are both 'as central as could be" and not more than a big block away from each other. But, we want to hear about experiences :)

stc Jun 24, 2007 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 7949130)
The Westin and the Palace are both 'as central as could be" and not more than a big block away from each other. But, we want to hear about experiences :)

Right they are close together. I was confusing the Westin (fna Argent) with another hotel over by the St. Francis, probably the Nikko. (Some convention I went to used both the Argent and Nikko as overflow ...)

However, I'd be surprised if there were a lot of Westin / Argent experiences yet.

Cohiba Jun 24, 2007 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 7949130)

Had a very nice experience at the Westin Market Street last week. Checked the booking online a couple days out and saw that an upgrade to a suite had already been processed. Reception staff was friendly and keys / Platinum amenity card were waiting for me.

Upon arrival in the room, I also found a plate of some pastries with fruit - that hit the spot. Really nice view of the city (this was from the 28th floor). The living room had a nice sitting area with a glass coffee table and a desk area to the left closest to the door to the bedroom. There was a flat screen widescreen tv in each room. The bathroom was quite spacious.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me so no pictures and I don't remember more details (spent much of the time surrounding this stay out at the North Beach bars :D).

I would definitely stay at this property over the Palace, though I do not know if they have suites with two doubles - this was a king.