Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Post #515 is an EXTENSIVE review w/ pics. Link

Food menus: Kitchen, In-Room Dining, Fire, Fish
Prices may change (sometimes substantially) so not necessarily up to date.

Excursions and activities pricing
Print Wikipost

W Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:06 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
They have changed the website. It now shows breakfast at $44/day, presumably that's $44++...or about $107/day of additional expenses for those not platinum. Seems like a bit of a bait-and-switch.

They take away the Sweet Spots...and now breakfast. And they crank the prices by 50%. Prices I think are fair game--you can't assume prices will be the same booking vs arrival. But advertised amenities like breakfast and sweet spots (free ice cream, soft drinks) are a different story in my view.
Hi, where does it show $44/day (or free) for breakfast? I can't find that "AT THIS HOTEL" screen shot, would love to save/reference it. Thank you.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pnoeric
Hi, where does it show $44/day (or free) for breakfast? I can't find that "AT THIS HOTEL" screen shot, would love to save/reference it. Thank you.
It can be found under dining
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:43 am
In memoriam

Aha, just found it. Thank you.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Anyone know what the Zika situation is? Looking at either W or St Regis, but wondering if it's worth the risk.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:05 pm

I see now the hotel charges $848 of "Destination Amenity Fee". Is that right?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:11 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by pointsifu
I see now the hotel charges $848 of "Destination Amenity Fee". Is that right?
I think that's just the mandatory seaplane cost. It previously showed up more clearly on the SPG.com booking engine but it was there; it is now labeled somewhat poorly with W having transitioned to the Marriott booking engine.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:15 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Speaking of the transition of Ws from the SPG to Marriott booking engine, it looks like my 80K points/night Overwater Suite booking at the W Maldives become a cash booking for $1100+ per night in the transition. That'll be a fun one to see if Marriott can fix.....
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I seem to remember platinum members getting free breakfast but cant find it in this thread. Can anyone confirm? I emailed the hotel and they saw my platinum status and said they could "add breakfast" onto my reservation. I assume this means paid. Anyone know?

I wonder if the westin maldives has free breakfast for platinum members. Although the room rate is cheaper the rooms look great. And the glass floor is actually a good size unlike the W.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff
I think that's just the mandatory seaplane cost. It previously showed up more clearly on the SPG.com booking engine but it was there; it is now labeled somewhat poorly with W having transitioned to the Marriott booking engine.
Are you sure? $475*2 = $950 not $848. It also shows this $848 on my reservation and still notes on the top of the page the cost of the seaplane being $475 per person.

I also noticed my Spectacular Lagoon Oasis Ns: King Bed reservation is now showing Fabulous Overwater Oasis, Ocean View. I understand from the above posts these are two different room types with my original one being better. A little concerning. Anyone else see this?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
I’ve created a thread about this last night. My point reservation turned into ~$5300 + plane tickets. When called in, they’ve fixed the room rate but now I see I still have to deal with the newly added $1010 (resort fee + destination charge and tax)
pnoeric likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:55 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Kaloz
I’ve created a thread about this last night. My point reservation turned into ~$5300 + plane tickets. When called in, they’ve fixed the room rate but now I see I still have to deal with the newly added $1010 (resort fee + destination charge and tax)
I have a similar situation - my points reservation is now showing as a paid reservation. Very very confusing. When I booked it, I paid 100% points so as far as I am concerned, this is their screwup to fix.

Here is the info from my email confirmation when I made the reservation months ago...

And here is what I see now when I go in to look at the reservation on the Marriott site. Notice the message in the blue box at the top, where the reservation number has changed (why?) and now it shows as all cash. To be clear... I paid already with 100% points... no idea what all these numbers are!

Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I have a similar situation - my points reservation is now showing as a paid reservation. Very very confusing. When I booked it, I paid 100% points so as far as I am concerned, this is their screwup to fix.

Here is the info from my email confirmation when I made the reservation months ago...

And here is what I see now when I go in to look at the reservation on the Marriott site. Notice the message in the blue box at the top, where the reservation number has changed (why?) and now it shows as all cash. To be clear... I paid already with 100% points... no idea what all these numbers are!

Maldives properties impose what is called as a green tax a $6 per person per day charge - that is what is showing as resort fees which for 10 nights for 2 people is $120. I think the math is off here - the destination amenity fee is actually the seaplane fee which should be $839.22 before taxes. Since W just migrated to the new system its having some problems - which should be fixed soon.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:21 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Ksw299
Maldives properties impose what is called as a green tax a $6 per person per day charge - that is what is showing as resort fees which for 10 nights for 2 people is $120. I think the math is off here - the destination amenity fee is actually the seaplane fee which should be $839.22 before taxes. Since W just migrated to the new system its having some problems - which should be fixed soon.
I see what you mean. Though, again, this all feels a bit like a non-issue for me... other than a resort fee that I half-expected (since every resort seems to have one these days), these other items are a mystery to me. I booked with all points, I never paid cash or saw any cash-equivalent rates of any kind when making my booking. I assume these are some kind of internal values for the rooms that they use when reimbursing the property from points. Doesn't matter to me. Not my responsibility. I already paid. ;-) I think it's just a big screwup on their web site that somehow my points reservation changed into a new confirmation number with all these cash values attached. Ugh. I'll probably have to call them just to 100% confirm I'm still all set and nothing is even more screwed up.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I see what you mean. Though, again, this all feels a bit like a non-issue for me... other than a resort fee that I half-expected (since every resort seems to have one these days), these other items are a mystery to me. I booked with all points, I never paid cash or saw any cash-equivalent rates of any kind when making my booking. I assume these are some kind of internal values for the rooms that they use when reimbursing the property from points. Doesn't matter to me. Not my responsibility. I already paid. ;-) I think it's just a big screwup on their web site that somehow my points reservation changed into a new confirmation number with all these cash values attached. Ugh. I'll probably have to call them just to 100% confirm I'm still all set and nothing is even more screwed up.
Yeah on a points stay you should just be paying for green tax and sea plane transfer. With all the IT issues this doesn't surprise me.
pnoeric likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:15 am

My points are showing correctly - but as stated above, my spectacular lagoon oasis has changed to the fabulous overwater oasis. Also showing the "destination amenity fee".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.