Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:58 am

Highly recommend eating at the GH. They'll be renovating the hotel soon, I think.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
I am currently booked for 3 nights in November at the Aloft in Munich. Any reason to reconsider and book at the LM instead? Recent reviews are pretty mixed
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
LM has a big breakfast buffet in their restaurant, including hot items. (There's also a fancy coffee stand in the lobby.)
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
LM has a big breakfast buffet in their restaurant, including hot items. (There's also a fancy coffee stand in the lobby.)
The breakfast is great - lots of options and you can request off buffet items if you want.

During check-in, they gave our son a neat Lego set as a gift. The staff here was great.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I am currently booked for 3 nights in November at the Aloft in Munich. Any reason to reconsider and book at the LM instead? Recent reviews are pretty mixed
I recently completed a five-night stay at the LM Munich, catching the tail end of Oktoberfest. I was quite happy with my stay, and would not hesitate to stay there if/when I'm in Munich again. The staff was very helpful and friendly (even with all of the chaos of Oktoberfest). As mentioned in a previous post, the Platinum breakfast is a full buffet in their restaurant, including cooked-to-order eggs and such. Really good selection of just about everything at the buffet.

The public areas were really nice as well... nice lobby with the central courtyard as its backdrop. And, of course, the Longitude bar also.

As for the rooms, they upgraded me into one of the 8th floor rooms that feature wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows, and even a small balcony to walk out onto (not sure what room category it was though, perhaps the executive room?). Quite spacious with a nice sitting area by the windows. If there was one complaint about the room, it was only that there just weren't enough places to plug-in. They definitely need to add some electrical outlets and/or charging stations.

The location was quite good as well. It's right across the street from the Hauptbahnhof (Munich Central Train Station), with access to regional trains, the S-Bahn, and the U-Bahn (as well as several shops and quick-eat places). It's also only about a 10-minute walk to the Oktoberfest fairgrounds (if you're there for that) in one direction, and a 10- to 15-minute to the city centre in the other direction. Note the Aloft is right next door to the LM, so if location is your prime driver, either would work.

Again, I was quite pleased with my stay, and would definitely stay at the LM again.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks for the recent review!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by eeebee
I recently completed a five-night stay at the LM Munich, catching the tail end of Oktoberfest. I was quite happy with my stay, and would not hesitate to stay there if/when I'm in Munich again. The staff was very helpful and friendly (even with all of the chaos of Oktoberfest). As mentioned in a previous post, the Platinum breakfast is a full buffet in their restaurant, including cooked-to-order eggs and such. Really good selection of just about everything at the buffet.

The public areas were really nice as well... nice lobby with the central courtyard as its backdrop. And, of course, the Longitude bar also.

As for the rooms, they upgraded me into one of the 8th floor rooms that feature wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows, and even a small balcony to walk out onto (not sure what room category it was though, perhaps the executive room?). Quite spacious with a nice sitting area by the windows. If there was one complaint about the room, it was only that there just weren't enough places to plug-in. They definitely need to add some electrical outlets and/or charging stations.

The location was quite good as well. It's right across the street from the Hauptbahnhof (Munich Central Train Station), with access to regional trains, the S-Bahn, and the U-Bahn (as well as several shops and quick-eat places). It's also only about a 10-minute walk to the Oktoberfest fairgrounds (if you're there for that) in one direction, and a 10- to 15-minute to the city centre in the other direction. Note the Aloft is right next door to the LM, so if location is your prime driver, either would work.

Again, I was quite pleased with my stay, and would definitely stay at the LM again.
Thanks for this

I am curious on if anyone has experience staying at both the aloft and the LM. It would be about $200 extra for those three nights to move to the LM, which I dont mind. Just want to know if the LM is actually a nicer place.

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Oct 12, 2017 at 10:44 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:15 am

I stayed at both earlier this year. I prefer the LM over the Aloft. The Aloft is more like a low end W, like Elements are low end Westins. The hallways are dark and the lights only turn on when you approach. The rooms are more like a dorm room, with open closets and the bed behind the closet partition. I guess some would consider them more hip or modern. They have live entertainment at least some days of the week. I'd say they cater to a younger crowd.

I prefer the more luxury LM. The breakfast is much better at the LM. Whether it is worth the $200 difference depends on you and your finances. There is a difference, though. I would prefer to stay at the LM whenever I had a choice.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by emuyshondt
I stayed at both earlier this year. I prefer the LM over the Aloft. The Aloft is more like a low end W, like Elements are low end Westins. The hallways are dark and the lights only turn on when you approach. The rooms are more like a dorm room, with open closets and the bed behind the closet partition. I guess some would consider them more hip or modern. They have live entertainment at least some days of the week. I'd say they cater to a younger crowd.

I prefer the more luxury LM. The breakfast is much better at the LM. Whether it is worth the $200 difference depends on you and your finances. There is a difference, though. I would prefer to stay at the LM whenever I had a choice.
Thanks for the direct comparison. I am not much of a breakfast person, but good to know that the LM is more luxurious overall. One thing that worries me is that recent reviews for the LM are not very flattering, whereas people seem to enjoy the aloft overall. Maybe people have very high expectations for the LM :/
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:53 am

I have not had problems with the rooms at the LM. However, I have usually been upgraded to something better than I reserved, since I’m Platinum with Starwood. I’ve only stayed once at the aloft, to try it out, and perhaps a dozen times at the LM over many years. Perhaps age plays a difference, and a younger, more hip crowd would prefer the looks and decor of the aloft.

Once you move to the finances, I don’t hate the aloft so much that I wouldn’t save myself a bit of money. $200 is quite a bit over 3 days. If they matter to you, I certainly wouldn’t say there’s that much difference in value between staying at one or the other. While I like the look and feel of the LM better, the aloft is still a good hotel and very well situated if you need access to the train station and central Munich.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I stayed here with two other colleagues. The platinums were upgraded to suites and the other just received a room that was reportedly nice.

The upgrades were great, but there were some nagging issues that probably don't seem massive, but added up.

1. As was mentioned above, there is a massive lack of outlets to plug into (all required that you unplug a lamp), and there are no US adapters in the room - and they ran out of loaners at the front desk. I would have been fine if they sold them rather than lent them. Running out is unacceptable.
2. The bar service at night was woefully understaffed. It seems a minor thing, but alongside a long wait to check-in, I wonder whether they are being too thrifty on staffing.
3. Both my and my partners HVAC was wonky and prone to overheat the room.
4. Bathrooms were nice, but the shower set up pretty much ensured a soaked floor.
5. Only two towels for a suite. Again, feels a bit cost sensitive.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that with a couple of adjustments, the stay would have been great. The breakfast buffet was awesome.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:07 pm

Does anyone have an email address for concierge or front desk at the hotel directly they can DM me? I can't seem to find one online anywhere.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
Originally Posted by cpsri99
Does anyone have an email address for concierge or front desk at the hotel directly they can DM me? I can't seem to find one online anywhere.
check your messages
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:29 pm

Are platinum's still offered full buffet for breakfast? The Lounge Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html) says no, but doesn't mention breakfast in the restaurant.

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by msantosnj
Are platinum's still offered full buffet for breakfast? The Lounge Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html) says no, but doesn't mention breakfast in the restaurant.

Thanks!
When I was there in October 2017, we were offered the full buffet in the restaurant as Plats. However, I haven't been back since. Hopefully it hasn't changed. It's quite a nice buffet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.