Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Another Renaissance Hotel in Nothern New Jersey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Renaissance Hotel in Nothern New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Woodbridge property does not feel like a Ren. I can't even say it is upscale enough to be a Marriott.

No other seats/sofa in the room other than the desk chair. If more than one person staying, they will all have to sit on the bed or the floor. Same for my laptop bag. It either goes on the floor or the bed.
No coffee table.
No in-room safe.
HVAC unit is one of those mounted on outside wall and protrudes into the room; similar to those you see at a SpringHill, Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn/Hilton Garden Inn etc.

Confused how it got branded as a Ren.

Premium WiFi speed

Last edited by seawolf; Mar 16, 2016 at 7:36 pm
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Can you provide more information Woodbridge doesn't feel like a Ren or Marriott, besides wi-fi speed? That would be more useful to your fellow FTers. (BTW - there's a separate thread for wifi; hope you posted there too & since you're wiki-enabled, update the wiki).

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can you provide more information Woodbridge doesn't feel like a Ren or Marriott, besides wi-fi speed? That would be more useful to your fellow FTers. (BTW - there's a separate thread for wifi; hope you posted there too & since you're wiki-enabled, update the wiki).

Cheers.
I've stayed there many times over the last few years. The decor in the lobby is minimalist/modern. Lots of hard surfaces, glass, etc. that give it a very stark feel. Some will like, others won't. Many of the rooms at the end of each wing are various types of suites. I almost always got upgraded when I was a PP. I really hate the air conditioners; they are more like the usual units in a CY or Fairfield.

Staff is hit or miss. The morning lounge attendant is very nice and remembered I wanted tomato juice at breakfast. She usually brought it to me without asking. The evening attendant seemed to be bothered by providing service. The offerings went downhill over the last few years and seemed to be more of whatever Cosco or Sam's had in the appetizer freezer.

The room layout is a bit strange in that as you walk down the hall from the elevators, the first rooms are two doubles, then the king and then the suites. If you asked for a king room near the elevator, you were out of luck.

I did like the relative proximity to a wide variety of dining and shopping options although most required getting in the car.

Please take all of the above with a grain of salt; I haven't been there in about 5 months so people, etc. could have changed.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
seawolf & DL-Don, thanks for the additional information on the property.

Cheers.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any stays in the past couple years? Alternative for me nearby is the also-tired Sheraton Edison, which I have done a few times and not really ready to return to.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Stayed here last December. It felt like a Renaissance to me, but I don't stay in those too often. Definitely better than the Sheraton Edison. Lounge had DIY fresh orange juice, which I've never seen before in a hotel lounge.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:56 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Sadly it appears this has been switched to become a Delta hotel.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
It definitely wasn't a Ren.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:32 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stc
Sadly it appears this has been switched to become a Delta hotel.
As I reported elsewhere (Delta Hotels Woodbridge - Iselin New Jersey [Master Thread]) , there is something weird going on. No availability at the Delta and plenty of availability at the Ren. So, this switch seems to be in limbo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.