Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Shelbourne, Autograph Collection, Dublin, Ireland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Shelbourne, Autograph Collection, Dublin, Ireland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 1:52 pm

I am here in the Heritage Lounge now using the free wireless. HankAAflyer's post is spot on, down to the cherry tomato!

I am a plat and was not upgraded, which I found surprising (I didn't bother to ask either). The hotel seems fine, but nothing significant special so far. I did think the front desk was very nice at check in. I was shocked that the in room connection would cost me 30 Euro, so I am glad they have the free connection here.

Also, I 100% agree that the lounge is very challenging to find. I felt a bit like Alice down the rabbit hole looking for it.
Old May 30, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Endor
I am here in the Heritage Lounge now using the free wireless. HankAAflyer's post is spot on, down to the cherry tomato!

What is the breakfast offering? Cont Bfast in the restaurant????
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:51 am

Breakfast

Stayed here 3 weeks ago as a plat. The Heritage lounge is very nice, meal offerings are, er, sparse to say the least. Because of that they offered bkfst in the atrium restaurant. There was no specification on whether it was continental buffet or full buffet. We asked the server, who didn't care either way. So I guess full breakfast is assumed. The breakfast room, incidentally, was a madhouse- rushed, crowded, loud. But no problems.

Great stay and location for walking all around. Historic property (British soldiers were drawing down on St Stephens Green from the Heritage Lounge, in 1916, since the rebels were in the park.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:55 am

Are there any laundromats near the Shelbourne?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SteveVA2
Are there any laundromats near the Shelbourne?
You might want to email the concierge, and ask him/her.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
How do I find the email address for the concierge?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just back from a 3 night stay here. 2 adults, 2 children T, W Th night. Lounge offerings similiar to what is described above, only went down for appetizers once, very good steak skewers, salad and some kind of croquette. Desert- three different kinds every night from 7:30 to 9:30. Free internet in the lounge.

We got a standard double/double room on the sixth floor, on the small side by American standards but nice, quite a hike to the lounge involving an elevator down to the lobby, another elevator to the third floor in the other wing and multiple stairs and hallways. Don't forget your laptop adaptor in your room! Two bottles of water in the room each night with chocolates.

Breakfast was excellent, a full hot buffet in the Saddle Room, comped for all four of us, all days. A huge savings when trying to feed two hungry kids in Dublin. My kids expecially enjoyed the made to order french toast. Also nice that we could just walk out with no waiting for a check, they just took our name and room number on the way in. The servers greeted our children with pleasure every morning and in the lounge, very good personal service.

Location can't be beat as others have said, excellent park across the street, shopping and dining right there and the one out of town tour we took had the Shelbourne as their first pickup location.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Thanks for the update VickiSoCal, was this a stay during the week, and did you see if the lounge was reopened at the weekend?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

T, W Th night, sorry did not ask about weekends.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hi all

Can I get a quick update on the Heritage lounge?

Is it free food and alchahol? I'm getting mixed reports on this

Thanks

nollag
Old Oct 15, 2009, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...lbourne-3.html
Old Oct 26, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Doesnt answer the question whether or not there is free alcahol. Even more confused now...

Last edited by nollag; Oct 26, 2009 at 4:48 pm
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is not. Is there in any UK/Ireland hotel these days?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 7:06 am

We were there this summer (late June) for five nights and stayed on points. A beautiful hotel. We had a very nice room, but no view. We did not eat or drink at the hotel because it was super expensive. Much of Dublin ranges from the super expensive to just plain expensive. We are lowly silver so they kind of laughed at us when we asked, nicely I might add, if we could get access to their lounge. The hotel is well located for walking, shopping, and touring. The city itself was clean but the buildings were very grimy. Lots of bars with young people staying to very late at night.

Neatest thing about the hotel: the free cake at the check-in desk everyday. Neatest thing about Dublin: it didn't get really dark until about 10:30.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1P, MR PE ++++
Just got back from a two night award stay 6 - 8 Nov. Arrived at 10am and the front desk was able to give me a room. It was an upgrade to a suite (#540 i believe) at end of hall overlooking the NE corner of St. Stephens Green. Large two room room (sitting room w/ desk and bedroom 2 queens). Nice bathroom with tub and seperate large walk in shower.

Lounge is open on weekends with no service except for tea/coffee, cookies, still and sparkling water bottles w/ no concierge. On Friday night was able to have tasty chicken skewers, a nice salad and dessert in the evening. Water and Club soda drinks available and alcohol at an extra. Concierge was available to answer questions....

All and all a nice stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.