Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hacienda Hotels in Yucatan Mexico **Left Marriott** [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Map showing locations of each. Merida is the most convenient airport to visit the haciendas.
Rosas y Xocalate ... the only SPG hotel in the city (part of Design Hotels). A fantastic, small boutique hotel right on the edge of the historic Centro.

Hacienda Temozon, Temozon Sur While at Temozon, drive to Celestun to take a boat trip to see the flamingos and mangroves. Closest hacienda to Uxmal.
Hacienda San Jose, Tixkokob, Yucatan
Hacienda Santa Rosa, Santa Rosa
Hacienda Puerta Campeche, Campeche
Hacienda Uayamon, Campeche

Summary by thomasito in 2017:
Hacienda San Jose: beautiful gardens, great pool, big rooms
Hacienda Santa Rosa: the smallest and very charming, nice pool, beautiful building and nice rooms
Hacienda Puerta Campeche: not a real hacienda, in the middle of Campeche town. Not as charming as the other haciendas, but nice pool and beautiful courtyard + spacious rooms
Hacienda Uayamon: stunning setting, beautiful grounds, amazing pool and huge rooms (only suites)
Hacienda Temozon: biggest hacienda with 28 rooms, very elegant, great pool and nice (but dark) rooms, they have their own cenote and you can get there by a donkey carriage.

Most of the haciendas are remote and surrounded by nature, so don't go there if you are very scared from little animals like spiders etc.

What you can expect: unique rooms, high quality beds, friendly staff, pretty good food and a la carte breakfast, tranquility,

Don't go there: if you need stable and fast Internet, a gym, club lounges and standards like in a Sheraton.
Print Wikipost

Hacienda Hotels in Yucatan Mexico **Left Marriott** [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Hi there! If you could share some details of your stays at the 3 Haciendas, I would be most grateful. We are considering staying at some combination of those or the other Haciendas for my 50th bday celebration in Jan 2020, ending perhaps at the upcoming-but-not-sure St Regis Kanai on the coast.

For anyone else with experience at any of the Haciendas, I also would be grateful for your thoughts.

Specifically:

(1) How was the air con in your rooms/suites? I require it to be cold to be comfortable, usually 67 F or lower at night to sleep. This is one of my biggest concerns.

(2) How was the dining at the various Haciendas? Were they all comparable or did any one property or meal stand out as being particularly impressive or poor?

(3) In visiting Uxmal and Chichen Itza and other Mayan sites, which Haciendas were most convenient or did that not end up as a major factor between them?

(4) Any other details such as pools or gardens or nearby cenotes that should excite us about one Hacienda over another?

Thanks so much!
Hi bhrubin sorry, it has taken me this long to respond.

Aircon was plentiful and more than adequate.

The meals were nice, lovely settings with excellent service. No complaints from the four of us.

I did a trip report with plenty of photos over on Australian Frequent Flyer, it's the best way I can answer your queries .... you can see more here https://www.australianfrequentflyer....-places.86362/ it's a long one, as were were on a 5 week trip, but answers all the Qs you have, with photos If you can't view I'd recommend joining (free) to view.... it's FF site like FT, but only 1,000 times smaller
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Great review and summary, Thunderroad! Thanks.

I just have to put to put in a good word for Hacienda Temozon, though. We loved it, and it was my personal favorite!

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Great review and summary, Thunderroad! Thanks.

I just have to put to put in a good word for Hacienda Temozon, though. We loved it, and it was my personal favorite!

Cheers.
And thanks in return!

They're all very nice properties. I certainly can understand different folks having different favorites.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

incredible details!

does santa rosa allow every category (room, jr, suite/villa) to be booked with points?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
incredible details!

does santa rosa allow every category (room, jr, suite/villa) to be booked with points?
I doubt it, but...

Our own experience was that we simply booked a room using points. And thanks to status and (more important) availability, we received a very nice upgrade.

The nature of the rooms at this tiny hotel is that they don't exactly fit into one's notions of room/jr. suite/villa. Regardless, I doubt that you could book a better room online with points, though it can't hurt to check on that.

What we used to be able to do with SPG agents was that for certain hotels, they would see better rooms available for more points at certain properties (not sure if this ever applied to the haciendas) if you called. Not sure this capability still exists post-Marriott, but you can give it a try as well.

Finally, you could simply email the hotel to ask. A property of only about 11 rooms might have a lot of flexibility.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry, to clarify "room, jr, suite/villa" is what hotel lists (same price for latter)

indeed point upgrades under SPG were standardized but not 'required' >

Standard
S
SS

SU
SU2
SU3
SU4

dont think there is any property of similar size under marriott
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
sorry, to clarify "room, jr, suite/villa" is what hotel lists (same price for latter)

indeed point upgrades under SPG were standardized but not 'required' >

Standard
S
SS

SU
SU2
SU3
SU4

dont think there is any property of similar size under marriott
Ah, thanks for this. Sorry to go OT, but how would one find these options if booking via points online? I've never seen them any time I've tried. Or is are they only available (if at all for a given hotel) by phone?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

by calling SPG prior to merger (for most of the above options)

re what it shows on marriott reservations page for points, interesting it shows only room with double beds (not king) but then it has not been long since august 18 etc

seem to recall some reports of less standardized upgrade options at marriott

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 15, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok. Thanks! That's what I'd occasionally been doing, without realizing that it was standardized in any way.

Too bad that option is gone.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

Do the haciendas, particularly Hacienda Santa Rosa and Hacienda Uayamon, give complimentary breakfast to titaniums?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Do the haciendas, particularly Hacienda Santa Rosa and Hacienda Uayamon, give complimentary breakfast to titaniums?
Well, we got free breakfasts as platinums at the three properties at which we stayed, which included Santa Rosa but not Uayamon. That was almost two years ago, though I doubt that the perk has been dropped. So I'd assume but not be 100 percent sure that there are complimentary breakfasts for titaniums.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
I believe they have to if you or Plat or better. I always received free breakfast when I stayed there.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:52 am

We are currently in the Yucatan, staying at 3 of the 5 hacienda properties. We stayed at 3 several years back so are now visiting the two we didn't see then as well as returning to Hacienda Santa Rosa. For those of you considering a trip, I thought it might be interesting to see the route we chose. We flew in and out of Merida. In hindsight, we might have been better to fly into Merida and return home from Campeche. Then, again, it's only a two hour drive from Campeche to the Merida Airport. We enjoyed our boatride at Celestun though only saw a couple hundred flamingos instead of the thousands some are fortunate to see. It's very obvious where to take the boat. As you come from Merida, you come to a bridge where the government concession is. It costs $90 for an 8 passenger boat. You can chat up the folks in line and see if any want to rent a boat together or just pay the entire amount. It was a one hour ride. After seeing the flamingos, we rode thru some mangrove passages from one lagoon to another.

It was an easy drive on to the hacienda, though I would say a phone with GPS is essential.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 8, 2020 at 12:51 pm
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:18 am

Map of property

Front veranda

Dining area

Swimming pool for property (business office is in red building)

Entrance to hacienda

We arrived at Hacienda Santa Rosa on the Saturday after New Year and the hotel was booked solid. This meant that we got the base room that we booked as an award stay. It was room 3 and I wasn't taken with it. It had no private patio nor private plunge pool, though the description mentioned both. Still, the room was spacious and it had a walk in shower. The next night, we were shown both room 6 which had two beds, great for a family with children (which wasn't us) and room 10, Room 10 was a legit suite, with a separate living room from the bedroom. The TV was in the bedroom but not the living room. There was a swimming pool for the 3 rooms in that section of the hotel in addition to the swimming pool that any guest could use. There are 11 rooms on the property.

The public areas of the hacienda are very pleasant. There is a long porch in front of the main structure with rocking chairs. On the back side is the section that is used for the restaurant. Food is good and service throughout the property is good.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There are 11 rooms on the property.

The public areas of the hacienda are very pleasant. There is a long porch in front of the main structure with rocking chairs. On the back side is the section that is used for the restaurant. Food is good and service throughout the property is good.
Also the botanical gardens behind the pool, right? And the Casita Maya is still there I assume? That would make it 12 rooms, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.