Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Phoenician, Scottsdale/Phoenix [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Phoenician, Scottsdale/Phoenix [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
staying here at the Phoenician next week on a AMEX FHR/spg plat combo, $224 room rate that includes $100 resort credit and $80 worth of breakfast credits... can't wait to see what awaits me.. I will post back with a full report

Last edited by jammanxc; Jun 9, 2012 at 10:42 am
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, UA 1K, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by jammanxc
staying here at the Phoenician next week on a AMEX FHR/spg plat combo, $224 room rate that includes $100 resort credit and $65 worth of breakfast credits... can't wait to see what awaits me.. I will post back with a full report
can't wait for your report! visiting in a month or so for a mini-vacay. is the resort fee still waived for plats?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
paid $224 for a standard room on Amex FHR site, then I added my SPG Platinum number to my reservation

at check in, I received

-500 points platinum amenity
-early noon check in (FHR benefit)
-triple upgrade to their best suite - Casita Suites
-$100 resort credit (FHR benefit)
-$80 worth of breakfast credit (FHR benefit)
-free wifi for platinum members
-resort fee waived for Platinum guests
-fresh fruit & water welcome amenity
-4pm late checkout was granted

*checked my starpoints today and received 1,000 STARPOINTS for staying at a renovated hotel, which the Phoenician is part of. Register by June 15-

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ml?promoID=N4R

great suite with a full kitchen, jetted tub.. the casita suite was pretty much like a private villa. It's walking distance to one of NINE pools in the resort and the hotel has a slip and slide water tube which was fun! The pool area had cabanas and free towel service as well as a poolside basketball court! Dined at Relish Burger Bistro which was fantastic. $16 for a kobe beef burger, which was a steal. After 7pm, the pool area is dead and half the restaurants are closed. For dinner, the Thirsty Camel Lounge serves up light fare and drinks. They have a great sausage pizza which was out of the world. The service, friendliness of the front desk staff and ALL of the resort attendants is of absolute top notch. I will be returning here in the summer again because the rates are pretty dirt cheap in the hot Arizona sun. For breakfast, the next morning, I used the $80 breakfast credit on room service, which was of equally the highest caliber breakfast one can get at a fine hotel. The resort fee is waived for platinum members, which is of utmost importance
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, UA 1K, Southwest CP
Thanks so much for your report!! Can't wait for my stay
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AAA USD 100 F&B Credit Rate

I found a somewhat misleading rate for Phoenician. There is a AAA USD 100 F&B Credit rate which you can book for one night. However, the description says: "Stay 3 nights and receive a $100USD F&B credit per stay. Credit cannot be applied to room/tax charges". Why would they show this rate for one or two night bookings is beyond me. Guests who book one night at this rate without reading rate description can be in for a rude surprise at check out. If a rate plan has three night minimum stay requirement, then it should not accept one or two night bookings.

Originally Posted by jammanxc
...-resort fee waived for Platinum guests...
Is Phoenician waiving Resort Fee for all Platinum members or are you special?

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:44 am
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
I found a somewhat misleading rate for Phoenician. There is a AAA USD 100 F&B Credit rate which you can book for one night. However, the description says: "Stay 3 nights and receive a $100USD F&B credit per stay. Credit cannot be applied to room/tax charges". Why would they show this rate for one or two night bookings is beyond me. Guests who book one night at this rate without reading rate description can be in for a rude surprise at check out. If a rate plan has three night minimum stay requirement, then it should not accept one or two night bookings.

Is Phoenician waiving Resort Fee for all Platinum members or are you special?
for all spg platinum members, the resort fee is waived
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
The Phoenician, Scottsdale/Phoenix 2008 on [Master Thread]

Any other recent stays?
What is the gym like?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: marriott
Just got back from the Phoenician this week. Booked a $254/night rate with included valet parking (normally $30/night) and a $60/night dining credit. This rate should be available for all SPG members. Of course, it was 105 degrees each day, so this is at its cheapest

Resort fee was waived for Plats. Did have problems with internet - it kept saying there was an error and would shut off every hour on the hour. I just had to reload the browser and it would start up again just fine.

Used some suite night upgrades since it was my birthday, and was moved to an Executive Suite - 1100 sq ft, 2 full bathrooms, full dining area for 6, and 2 massive balconies. The view was nothing special - overlooking other buildings and a far-off view of downtown Scottsdale. The suite itself was perfect, but a long walk from the amenities.

Service at the property was great, with a few small misses. At check-in, they asked if we had any preferences on daily newspapers. My husband requested the Financial Times, which never came. And, as mentioned, the internet issues. Attendants at the pool and in the main area were always attentive, smiling, and very professional.

We took the continental breakfast as our welcome amenity and upgraded to either the buffet (on Sundays only) or a regular menu breakfast each day. The difference was about $14/person/meal, so I think it cut it in half. Food was good but didn't blow me away. The burgers at Relish in the golf clubhouse were amazing, though, and definitely worth it.

Didn't check out the spa or the gym, but the cactus garden is definitely worth a walk. I didn't find it until the last day, but it's a nice easy 2 mile hike if you do the whole thing and has great scenery. Nice spot for pictures.

Overall, a great stay!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by skybride
Just got back from the Phoenician this week. Booked a $254/night rate with included valet parking (normally $30/night) and a $60/night dining credit. This rate should be available for all SPG members. Of course, it was 105 degrees each day, so this is at its cheapest

Resort fee was waived for Plats. Did have problems with internet - it kept saying there was an error and would shut off every hour on the hour. I just had to reload the browser and it would start up again just fine.

Used some suite night upgrades since it was my birthday, and was moved to an Executive Suite - 1100 sq ft, 2 full bathrooms, full dining area for 6, and 2 massive balconies. The view was nothing special - overlooking other buildings and a far-off view of downtown Scottsdale. The suite itself was perfect, but a long walk from the amenities.

Service at the property was great, with a few small misses. At check-in, they asked if we had any preferences on daily newspapers. My husband requested the Financial Times, which never came. And, as mentioned, the internet issues. Attendants at the pool and in the main area were always attentive, smiling, and very professional.

We took the continental breakfast as our welcome amenity and upgraded to either the buffet (on Sundays only) or a regular menu breakfast each day. The difference was about $14/person/meal, so I think it cut it in half. Food was good but didn't blow me away. The burgers at Relish in the golf clubhouse were amazing, though, and definitely worth it.

Didn't check out the spa or the gym, but the cactus garden is definitely worth a walk. I didn't find it until the last day, but it's a nice easy 2 mile hike if you do the whole thing and has great scenery. Nice spot for pictures.

Overall, a great stay!
Thanks skybride for your excellent TR!^
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:53 pm

Is it possible to redeem cash + points at the Phoenecian? I see no cash + points availability, but plenty of points-only availability. Looking to stay here for a couple nights this coming November if I can do so affordably.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta: Platinum, Turkish: Gold (Star Alliance Gold); HHonors: Gold; Hyatt: Plat; SPG: Plat;
deleted

Last edited by id9795; Oct 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm Reason: sorry - responded to old post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
thoughts on main bldg versus casita suite?

Have a stay this week with two rooms booked. Mother-in-law + sister-in-law in one room and me + mrs + mini me in a suite. I was originally booked into a casita suite but because of a request for adjoining rooms was moved to the main bldg. Is there a big difference between the suites? I would give up the adjoining room for a nearby room if the suite is that much nicer in casita land. Specifically it would be nice to have a kitchenette for breakfast and a little more room for the crib.

What would you ask for?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
As an SPG gold and platinum Amex holder, would people recommend booking through FHR and hoping for the best in terms of a possible upgrade?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
I plan to bike over and see if the place is a ghost town today, in light of Apple canceling their event after booking the entire hotel.

http://www.cringely.com/2012/10/19/w...mpeting-event/

"Apple booked the entire hotel (600+ rooms) for Sunday through Wednesday. Their setup people were on site Tuesday. Late Wednesday, as setup was nearing completion, Apple told the resort that they “wanted all of their managers to be on site in their stores next Tuesday for the upcoming tablet release” – that they were canceling the function."

I wonder if they will re-sell the rooms?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Wilbur
I plan to bike over and see if the place is a ghost town today, in light of Apple canceling their event after booking the entire hotel.
So was it a ghost town or not? You've got me wondering now after that post!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.