FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn, Austria [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/610853-four-points-sheraton-panoramahaus-dornbirn-austria-master-thread.html)

fred8ab Sep 22, 2009 9:34 am

I'm just back from one night at Dornbirn in the 4 Points and I must agree to Helena that this Hotel might be one of the best 4 Points.

I like the rooms which are quite small but not narrow. Especially the wooden floor is smething I like because it is more clean or easy to clean than this sometimes crappy floor.

The hotel has a wonderfull pool area due to the fact that there is a fitness club inside. It can be used for free. Even the outisde pool is on a higher floor.

In the restaurant I had excellent service and very nice atmosphere.

I'm "only" Gold member at the moment but on my room I had a big bottle of sparkling Water and also a very nice arranged plate with fresh fruits.

This is soemthing I must say gave me a very very comfortable feeling and I must say I will come back to Dornbirn soon!

And thank you very much!!!:p

Forstbetrieb Jun 27, 2010 4:44 pm

The world's best 4Points? I don't think so!

I am there right now.

Stay on points.

Breakfast then not included. 19 € per person.

Check in: the girl didn't know anything about instant awards or something like this. :td: Also wasn't asked about late check out... But was asked if I had a laptop. Was given a internet code.

Upgrade only to a better room, nothing to write home about. I don't think it is a junior suite, even when at least two of them were available on spg.com. ( smoking and non-smoking ) It is the first time that I have checked this.

Ice is on the 7th and 9th floor available. You have to ask for where it is. Both cup dispensers are empty... :td:

7th floor is the spg floor

The tv is not turnable because it is not fixed... :td:

Have to change my keycards because they do not work at the door but in the elevator. I think the controller at the door is the problem, the new card also didn't work without problems. :td:

Room service only until 22.30.

After that time only a snack card at the bar ( 11th floor ) but the receptionist doesn't know what's on the card. Does he rings up the bar? NO! :td:

In the room there was a plate with a " Herzlich willkommen " a little bit of fruit and one piece of cake, a bottle of sparkling water ( 1 l Waldquelle spritzig ) and a bottle of the house sparkling wine for us two.

BTW it is a green hotel with a keycard main switch.

cxn Jun 27, 2010 10:04 pm

A fourpoints with Room Service!

I wouldnt ding any hotel that doesnt make a PB&J at 2am unless it was a 4seasons.

Forstbetrieb Jun 28, 2010 12:18 am

Originally Posted by cxn (Post 14205527)
A fourpoints with Room Service!

I wouldnt ding any hotel that doesnt make a PB&J at 2am unless it was a 4seasons.

I don't know which fourpoints you know, but all the fourpoints I know do have room service. And if there is a bar with a snack carte until 01:30 there should be the possibility to eat a snack until roundabout 01:00. Most **** hotels I know do have a 24 h room service and at least a small carte in the night.

I have written the time only for information.

Today another receptionist confirm that there is the possibility to use points in the restaurant. For example 2250 points for breakfast instead of 19 €. I think this is a little bit high if I compare with other hotels. 4000 points for the room and 4500 points for a breakfast for two...

schley Jun 28, 2010 2:48 am

The best four points I have been at has been the Four Points Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai. It is a category 5 and really is a very nice hotel for around $100 during the summer, and on weekends.^

SanDiego1K Jun 28, 2010 3:23 am

Editorial in the title has been removed.

/mod

terminalfive Jul 11, 2010 11:36 am

mostly positive but one negative reviews..

What would you all advise me for w/e?

Dornbirn 4 points or Davos Sheraton??

Just looking to relax and eat well - both same distance for me..

Advice appreciated^

SLF Oct 10, 2010 5:49 am

Nothing new to add here really, I agree with all that HH said and it mostly applied to me a couple of months back. If you have any preconception that this is like a US 4P, then you'll be more than pleasantly surprised - it's more a very good Sheraton experience.

Re previous poster, I've also stayed at the Waldhuus in Davos, and had a wonderful upgrade. Both are equally pleasant places to stay in different ways, so do both :)

Helena Handbaskets Oct 14, 2010 11:51 am

I returned to the Panoramahaus for my now-becoming-annual visit last month, and for the first time had a chance to try out the fitness club. It's quite extensive, filling an entire floor (the pools - 1 indoor and 1 outdoor, as well as an indoor hot-tub, I believe) fill the floor below. The machines face the mountains to the east for the most part, and I found it particularly pleasant to work out on an elliptical machine placed outdoors one pleasant afternoon, with Dornbirn below me and the Vorarlberg range beyond.

Zurich Flyer Apr 30, 2011 8:29 am

some (minor) changes there. came back from two stays

sultanbinaber Oct 17, 2011 3:09 am

a quick review

Facts:
- 1 night, cheap AAA-rate w/o breakfast
- SPG: no status (lost preciuos gold status this year :rolleyes:)
but: got a room on highest floor + water

^
- very friendly and efficient staff
- modern ínterior
- close to highway
- huge wellness area (three floors)

:td:
- not many dining options in the area
- standard rooms are small

Wellness
With 6,500sqm it is supposed to be the largest wellness area within the whole starwood system. And it is nice, no doubt. However, it is totally missing the exclusiveness of a hotel spa. Most are external guests, they are selling term membership as well as day passes. Felt somehow crowded on a rainy saturday.

banzani Mar 22, 2012 3:14 am

decent stay on points recently (my first at this hotel).

Upgraded to larger room with 2 single beds (as requested). Some confusion at check in about the new breakfast benefit (I was with a friend and they seemed to think that it's for two people when you are with your partner, but not with a friend...funny. in the end no problems for - full - breakfast for both of us).

Miles above par for 4 Points US standard, as described. Very nice Spa, but gets busy with locals.

Great value for money/points.

mtimmer May 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Curious if anyone has any additional recent experience here? This thread is 90%+ positive, but I seem to recall another thread in the past year or so that was down on the 4 Pts Dornbirn. (That said, I can't find that thread while searching, so maybe I'm imagining it!)

Also, will likely drop a rental car here to avoid large one-way drop off fees from taking a car from Austria to Switzerland. Is the train station relatively convenient?

Helena Handbaskets May 29, 2012 1:34 pm

The train station is not at all convenient to the 4 Pts. I haven't investigated the bus system; it might get you efficiently between the two, but otherwise I think you're stuck with a cab ride. My impression the one time I had to find the Dornbirn train station was that it is approximately on the opposite side of town from the 4 Pts.

HAMSpotter Sep 7, 2012 1:13 am

Had a really nice 6 nights paid stay at the Panoramahaus Dornbirn a week ago in a Junior suite overlooking the Rhine Valley and Switzerland from the 10th floor. During check-in I was offered free in-room (wired) internet (19€ a day!), 125 SPG-points or a free drink!
Although I found the values quite strange, I went with the points as I found it quite hard to stick a wire into the iPad or the iPhone... :D

By the way, how is internet (a "value" of 6 * 19€ = 114 €) comparable with 125 points or a free drink?! :confused:

Our suite was very nice and in good shape. When we arrived in our room, we found a large fruit bowl on our table.

Our only problem (apart from no hot water on the first evening - could happen and was solved within 2 hours) was the room cleaning! They seem to have big problems in refilling stuff.
How could it be your running out of soap and toilet paper in a hotel room?! We had to ask for it several times, when we met a maid while cleaning other rooms on the floor.

The SPA with its Saunas, Fitness, Jacuzzi and outdoor pool is just amazing and was the main reason for our stay there.

The breakfast is average and nothing to write home about and definitely not worth 19 €. They didn't even offer bacon and were quite slow refilling the empty plates on the buffet.

Other from that it is a really nice property with friendly staff, free parking and free WI-FI in the lobby and the restaurant. :)

If you got further questions don't hesitate to ask! ;)