FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton DFW Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/581312-sheraton-dfw-airport-dallas-fort-worth-master-thread.html)

mwg25 Jan 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas (Post 11898709)
Watch out for the shuttle back to the airport as it only leaves every 15 minutes on the quarter hour.

Or on the half hour if it's early enough in the morning. I would make sure you ask for clarification of shuttle times before you go to sleep.

I stayed here last weekend before catching a 6:30 am flight and for those purposes, it was totally fine for the price. Very typical Sheraton, nice staff, seemed quite empty.

caffeine addict Dec 6, 2010 7:18 pm

Good stay!

I thought this hotel was a bargain.

Had a one night Saturday night stay. Booked cheapest room advance purchase for about ~$85 all-in.

+Free Shuttle
+Club Lounge
+Lounge open on WEEKENDS!
+Happy hour
+Breakfast incl. Eggs/Bacon/Hash browns/sausages
+Fantastic lounge attendant
+Plat recognition

As the lounge was closing for drinks, she topped off my wine glass and encouraged me to grab some more food to take back to my room (which was on the same floor and maybe 10 seconds away).

I thought it was excellent for a domestic Sheraton airport club lounge.

I also grabbed breakfast first thing sunday morning and took a couple plates back to my room to consume. There was a big convention there and the lounge is, as others have stated, quite small.

Room service menu was reasonably priced and very tasty. I had some soup and a sandwich for ~$18 including the automatic charges.

omegadeal Apr 16, 2014 4:12 pm

I just finished a stay here, and for an airport property this is a really good one.

Nice hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms, and a decent gym. As plat I got an upgrade to the club floor. I never used the club lounge, but when I got off the elevator on the club floor the hostess for the lounge came out to invite me in which I thought was really nice.

Even if the lounge isn't open they will leave coffee out in the morning, a refrigerator with sodas and water during the day (I did grab one of these), and I noticed that there were freshly baked cookies left out when I returned to my room last night.

RDB68 Jul 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Average Stay

Let me begin by saying that I have come to realize that reviews by folks that stay at SPG properties are and should be different from those that stay at other brands. More is expected from SPG hotels than from most other loyalty brands. So with that in mind, your stay here will probably be better than your stay at most other hotels in the area.

The property is definitely convenient to the DFW. I didn't use the shuttle service, but they had two or three vans at the property every time I left or returned to the building.

The wifi was very strong on Sheraton DFW link. It is probably the best I've ever encountered, no kidding.

The gym had a wide variety of equipment. I stuck with the treadmills which were sturdy. My only complaint about them would be the TV didn't work and the touch screen was barely operable. I used the incline and speed buttons on the handrail once I realized that was the case.

I did not dine on site, but there were a couple of seemingly high quality options next to the lobby. Had I needed to I would not have had any reservations with eating in the hotel restaurants.

The room was fine. The bed was very comfortable. The TV was a flatscreen though the number of channels was limited (about twenty). The chairs sat well and the desk was good. The desk area could have used a couple more outlets as I only found one socket available for use at the desk. The closet was oddly placed in that it was near the door (normal), but had a door stopper to keep the room door from hitting the closet doors. Fair enough, but the closet doors didn't slide; they opened out. Thus one of the doors wouldn't open due to the room door stopper. So only half of the closet was useable. The bathroom was not bad. The vanity and mirror area were big and well lit. The shower was my only complaint (and probably a common complaint for me). Relatively low pressure and I've never had a shower take so long to find the hot water. I had to let it run maybe five minutes to get a comfortable temperature. I opted for the Green Choice program so I can't comment on the cleaning service. I like the 500 points per night it's available.

As for SPG recognition it was acknowledged that I was Gold and I selected the free internet as my ammenity. But I'm sure the room was one that anyone could be assigned to. It was on the seventh floor (out of twelve) and there was no indication that was even an SPG Preferred room. Usually I can get in a room with an extra bottle of water or a refrigerator or something.

I would recommend this hotel because it was not a bad stay. But I would likely look at other options before rebooking here.

uxb Jul 23, 2014 4:33 am

I wouldn't recommend this property at all. I had checked in a few nights ago. Asked for a wake-up call at 4:00 am, and then went to return my rental car. I did so and got the shuttle to Terminal D. I called the property to let them know where I was. They said they'd be there in 15-20 mins. After an hour of waiting, I took a $30,- cab ride back. When I got into my room, I pulled back the covers to reveal the sheets were dirty. Had some dried blood stains on it. Had housekeeping change the sheets. At 4:15 am, I got up to the sound of my mobile. Apparently, the hotel never put in the wake-up call, so I had 15 mins to gather my stuff and leave. Smh.

TrojanHorse Aug 19, 2014 9:06 pm

What is within say 1 mile of this property? Is there anything to do? I say 1 mile as I would be walking.

ECOTONE Aug 19, 2014 9:14 pm

I've stayed here twice over the past few months and can say that I don't think I've encountered a more helpful front desk staff than these guys. I usually get in very late at night, and it's just a relief to have a smiling face to greet you. Sometimes it's the small things like this that really stick with you.

spgplat21 Aug 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 23392199)
What is within say 1 mile of this property? Is there anything to do? I say 1 mile as I would be walking.

Not really. All I can think of that's within walking distance is a gas station, a Westin, and a few other airport hotels (maybe a Whataburger).

Not sure what you are looking for, but there is an outlet mall and several golf courses pretty close, but you would need need to take a taxi. You could also take the free shuttle to airport and at least find some decent restaurants, etc.

TrojanHorse Aug 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks

I would be there from late afternoon to mid morning the next day

I was just looking for somewhere I could walk to and do something just to kill time. also looking for a place I could walk to for a bite to eat, buy a soda etc. Its as much for the walk and something to do as much as it would be to eat or buy something

eponymous_coward May 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Here on a Hotwire stay, I saw there was a $20/night upgrade to Club floor. Figured it might trigger SPG points action, front desk confirmed it (the points from declining housekeeping + incidentals and the upgrade will come in handy). The lounge is still open on weekends, has the same breakfast as mentioned in a previous post, tea sandwiches, pizza pockets and jalapeņo poppers + dessert in the lounge. Beer and wine as well (2 drink limit). Staff is nice and awesome as mentioned above as well. Room is a bit dated (things like no power outlets at desk level for cell phones are the giveaway), though there is a refurb supposedly. Room was clean and comfy if a bit dated. It's good value for less than $100 a night all-in. The area is in the middle of nowhere (you want a car if you want to leave the property), though you get a great territorial view of the airport from the lounge.

saltytheseagull Sep 21, 2015 10:54 am

Any recent stays?

It looks the the property has been renovated.

Would you chose this or the Westin for an 8PM Sunday night arrival?

Rope1031 Sep 21, 2015 11:45 am

I stayed at this hotel a month ago, and also at the Westin DFW Airport a week later. The Sheraton has been through a light renovation. It is more than suitable for an Airport hotel. It is in the middle of nowhere however. I use Uber when I'm there to travel the area. DFW prices are cheap, and you get the SPG points for using them.

The Westin is in process of renovation. I stayed in a club suite. The carpet had been patched. The room was clean, and a good size. The price was very reasonable as well. Both hotel staffs are great; always friendly and helpful. I stay at either hotel a couple of nights a month based on price. You can't go wrong with either, unless your expectations are extremely high, for an airport location.

Keyser Jul 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rope1031 (Post 25457792)
The Sheraton has been through a light renovation.

what kind of a light renovation????i'm staying here for a couple of nights later this week....

is the club lounge still open on the weekends????

uanj Oct 16, 2022 9:04 pm

Hmmm, no recent posts on this proprety. Had an early flight in September so decided to use this hotel.

Was welcome to use the lounge which is open for 24 hours. There was a coffee machine and one can of sprite in the fridge. Nothing else, not even bottled water. At least it was cool. Somehow the air conditioning works in the lounge but in my room, on the same floor, the temperature measured 88 at 7 pm with the AC and fan on high.

Went down to talk to the front desk around 8 PM who said that they were not sure what the problem was and no one else was reporting AC problems. Asked for a lower floor room on the opposite side and told none available. Asked if they could restock cold drinks in the fridge and was told tomorrow. But I was wlecome to purchase whatever they had left in the shop in the lobby. Conversation ended when the FD said is there anything else she could help with me with. I said she had not helped me in any way so far so probably not.

11 pm and the temperature had only dropped to 87. This time there had been a shift change, the FD was apologetic and immediately acknowledged that the higher floors have been having issues with the AC on hot days and it had been running over 100F every day that week. But nothing they could do. No compensation offered. Could not have anyone restock the lounge after 9 PM, I needed to ask before p PM (which I had). At least they were polite.

Definitely not going back.