Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Hotel email address:
lemeridien dot kualalumpur at lemeridien dot com
reservations dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com
supervisor dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com

General Manager email address:
michael dot delargy at lemeridien dot com

LAUNDRY (FEB 29 2020)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
That's the owner of Chang Beer right?
More accurately it's Thai Bev and they own many hotels including Hilton Soi 24 and DT Soi 26
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
I think you mean LeM BKK and LeM Suvarnabhumi. That's the owner of Chang Beer right? I remember there was free Chang beer in the fridge :P

LeM KUL and Hilton KUL now have the same owner...
oh i was wrong. My memory is not good anymore. 😄😄😄

the owner of Chang beer is the owner of le meridien in BKK and ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Westin KL. If its wrong again, please corect me.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:49 pm

Got upgraded to Club room, which is pretty small but has nice view. Lounge is very nice and attendants attentive.
As previous posters noted pool is shared with Hilton and large, also has sauna (wet and dry)
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I like this property a lot because of water slide at pool for kids. I don’t love poolside food however. My tip os go to Hilton side to order food - I think I t is better q.v., more variety and they’ll still deliver to LM side. If I recall one can’t charge room though, but I could be wrong. I can’t remmeber how we do it n
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Got upgraded to Club room, which is pretty small but has nice view. Lounge is very nice and attendants attentive.
As previous posters noted pool is shared with Hilton and large, also has sauna (wet and dry)
Sauna??? where???
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by estnet
Sauna??? where???
Changing room next to the gym, on the Hilton side. I did not go in myself but the attendant said there are wet and dry steam rooms
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Just saw that LM Kuala Lumpur is on the SPG "Hot Rates" list for the next 6 weeks. Not sure how many dates available but the Hot Rate is US$63. If you've got status, that's pretty amazing. Great pool, great gym, nice lounge....
Hope someone can use it!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:05 am

We ended our Malaysia trip at this hotel. We took the express train from the airport and brought us right to the hotel......excellent way to transport from the airport and very easy! We were welcomed and checked in at the Club Lounge upgraded to a suite on the 30th floor. Very nice room and wonderful views from above. We found all the staff here to be fantastic with the club lounge being a hit! Very large and I would say one of the best offerings for club lounges that we have visited.
I was very surprised the amount of staff they have working this lounge - always someone taking care of you. We met Nathan ( I believe that was his name who was working the lounge the odd time - he was very friendly and always spent some time chatting with us)
We also met the chef for Favola - very friendly man and wonderful conversation.

Housekeeping did a very good job too. The pool area is very nice with connecting pool with the Hilton. We always spent part of the morning down there sitting outside and having our coffee. Service was great and really enjoyed our tropical drinks underneath some shelter while it down poured our last late afternoon there. This was the first rain we experienced in Malaysia during our entire 2 weeks - very lucky!

We spent some time in the huge mall that was connected. These malls in Malaysia are incredibly huge with every high end store you can think of and clean. We wondered the streets nearby for some beers and sat on the patio watching life go by. We also used GRAB a few times to the central market, Chinatown and over to the PETRONAS Towers where another HUGE mall is connected.

Really enjoyed our end here at the Le Meridien. Definitely a choice that you can't go wrong with and would strongly recommend!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
After 5 stays here this year as Gold, ( thanks to SPG double point/nights targeted promo, which has pushed more of my stays towards SPG ) I feel I should jot some thoughts :

1. 3 out of 5 stays I booked a Club room, and received a Club room , ie : no further upgrade as Gold. Compared to Sheraton PJ and LM Putrajaya both when booking Club as Gold I'd receive a suite. Club room here is just a standard room with Club access.

2. When booking Club room, I did not receive the "Gold/Plat sparkling drink voucher" . When queried was told "drinks are available in the lounge" . This voucher is usually redeemable from a "Sparkling Menu" in the lobby lounge (Gastro) which includes beer & 3 types of cocktails.

3. Club cocktail hour offering undoubtedly is great, food & alcohol selection is wide and food wise catered by the different in house restaurants. Plenty of servers to top up drinks and remove empty plates.

4. When booking standard room as Gold, 2 out of 2 times I received a corner room, which includes a bathtub and large external window with motorized blind. The neighboring Hilton calls this their "Plus room" (minus the motorized blind) .

5. Drinks voucher were always provided without asking when booking standard room.

6. In all rooms that I booked there were 2 vouchers for complimentary coffee at Artcacao (previously Latitude) also in the Lobby.

7. If you hold some local credit cards (CIMB, Maybank ... not sure of others) F&B discounts goes from 25% to 50% depending on number of diners. SPG members also get a discount, ranging from 10%, 15% ,20% depending on tier.

So, coming to my point, as Gold booking standard room vs Club, I'd save ~RM250 which I used for buffet lunch (RM100 before discount) at Flavors and dinner at Gastro (RM80 steak + RM65 for 2 pints of Calsburg before discount) AND still receive a better room compared to booking a Club room. Leaves about RM50 which is sufficient for the Bfast buffet (with the right credit card discount) or a serving of eggs+sausages / nasi lemak from the room service menu.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:41 pm

Gold gets very little status in Starwood properties. You are lucky if you get anything above the bare minimum since it is so easy to qualify for gold. Virtually given away for free as cheap candies from a Pez machine
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:33 am

Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur - July 2018

Check-in:

I stayed for one night at the Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur and arrived at the hotel via the KLIA Ekspres into Sentral. There were some signs towards the hotel which were helpful. Check-in was efficient but not very friendly.

Club Lounge breakfast:

As I was early, I had breakfast at the Club Lounge. There is a live cooking station for noodles (fish balls but no meat add-on option) and eggs.

Breakfast - Main Restaurant:

My rate included breakfast at the main restaurant on the day of check-out. It was absolutely vast and the frozen yoghurt machine was much appreciated.

Le Méridien Club Room:

I think the non-Suite rooms are quite similar.

Le Méridien Suite:

My friend booked a Suite.

Afternoon Tea in the Club Lounge:

Surprisingly, there were no scones.

Happy Hour in the Club Lounge:

It was Malay night for the food which I don't care much for so didn't enjoy but seemed to go down well with the other guests.

Conclusion:

Overall this was a good quality hotel at a decent price with friendly Club staff. The location is good and the Club Lounge is of decent quality although I would check ahead on what food was being served in the Club Lounge on the night of the stay. The JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur also has a compelling Club Lounge.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:55 am

Last time I stayed they offered plats choice of buffet breakfast. Is that no longer offered as you mentioned only one morning had buffet, other in lounge? I hope this is not a curtailing of benefots like elsewhere as I like this property
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:02 am

He stayed only one night so buffet is the check out day and presumably he had breakfast at the lounge while checking in. Plats can check in at the lounge.

I stayed there a couple weeks back and they still offer breakfast at both lounge and main restaurant.

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Last time I stayed they offered plats choice of buffet breakfast. Is that no longer offered as you mentioned only one morning had buffet, other in lounge? I hope this is not a curtailing of benefots like elsewhere as I like this property
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lewin85
He stayed only one night so buffet is the check out day and presumably he had breakfast at the lounge while checking in. Plats can check in at the lounge.

I stayed there a couple weeks back and they still offer breakfast at both lounge and main restaurant.
The lounge breakfast is not very compelling but tends to have a nicer selection of fruit.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Remind me of where this is located vis-a-vis the J.W. Marriott.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Sep 25, 2018 at 6:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.