FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/498611-four-points-lax-los-angeles-airport-master-thread.html)

doggiefizzle Mar 9, 2018 10:04 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 29504319)
exhibit 1: Properties stolen out of valet car at Sheraton LAX

Ugh...I actually consider myself lucky after hearing this. The Sheraton LAX "lost" my car I parked with them. Imagine standing curbside in front of the hotel at midnight after coming back from Maui with a crying infant and a super pissed-off wife while the valet continuously tells you your car will be there shortly. It took them an hour and a half to find my car. At least everything was in it though and nothing was missing. After this I learned my lesson, if I'm staying overnight at LAX for an early morning flight, I always head to the Parking Spot on Century and then walk over to the Westin, never again staying at the Sheraton.

uxb May 15, 2019 10:31 pm

I’ve gotta ask if this property is finally being Bonvoyed out of Marriott. The last two rooms I’ve had were in utter disrepair and the elevator’s temporary permit has lapsed by several months. Also, I got an “upgrade” to the room type I had already booked.

itsaboutthejourney May 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 31106345)
I’ve gotta ask if this property is finally being Bonvoyed out of Marriott. The last two rooms I’ve had were in utter disrepair and the elevator’s temporary permit has lapsed by several months. Also, I got an “upgrade” to the room type I had already booked.

This property should be Bonvoyed, obviously a challenging facility to maintain due to it's age and piecemeal construction, but the service could make up for that, but I doesn't. Despite good park & fly rates, I've given up.

uxb May 16, 2019 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 31109894)
This property should be Bonvoyed, obviously a challenging facility to maintain due to it's age and piecemeal construction, but the service could make up for that, but I doesn't. Despite good park & fly rates, I've given up.

I told our travel manager to start negotiating a new rate elsewhere. Staying there is officially an occupational hazard.

hedoman May 17, 2019 12:30 am

For those considering a stay here, look at how the post count on this thread has dropped since 2015. 2014 is probably the last time this fairly regular customer stayed here. Way too many better options in the area.

stvr May 17, 2019 1:52 am

I recently tried and gave up after one night. Switched to the Renaissance. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Flyerholic Feb 7, 2021 3:13 am

Just wondering if Four Points LAX has closed. I did read somewhere it was closing Feb 5th 2021 ? I had some great stays here a few years back and do understand it had lost its way in recent years

MSPeconomist Feb 7, 2021 12:14 pm

Has there been a new GM? The previous one was very good and supposedly was responsible for starting their craft beer program.

Ryno1234 Feb 7, 2021 2:07 pm

Staying at a different property at LAX tomorrow but if memory serves me correctly, i think the Four Points was listed as an option.

skywalkerLAX Feb 7, 2021 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Flyerholic (Post 33021210)
Just wondering if Four Points LAX has closed. I did read somewhere it was closing Feb 5th 2021 ? I had some great stays here a few years back and do understand it had lost its way in recent years

At least it's not showing up in any searches anymore so might as well be gone. Kinda sad to see this property go but it's not as if there is a shortage of hotels around LAX.

TravisMT81 Feb 7, 2021 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 33021936)
Has there been a new GM? The previous one was very good and supposedly was responsible for starting their craft beer program.

that was a long time ago, he was last at the Westin.

fotoflyer88 Apr 6, 2021 9:52 pm

An update from the local news I saw, confirming the closure and the workers are protesting:
Laid-off hospitality workers will file a complaint and hold a protest outside the Four Points by Sheraton LAX. The workers are demanding that the SBA conduct a full investigation of the $4.4 million in PPP loans approved for the hotel, as owner Rui Gao permanently closed the hotel on Feb. 5 -- one week after being approved for his second loan, according to the contact.

CarNut Sep 3, 2021 10:16 am

Surprised to read that this was hotel is "permanently closed" as we have a reservation for October 1-2. Any updates on recent stays?

MSPeconomist Sep 3, 2021 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by CarNut (Post 33541128)
Surprised to read that this was hotel is "permanently closed" as we have a reservation for October 1-2. Any updates on recent stays?

Was your reservation booked through Marriott/Bonvoy or an OLTA?

wm47 Sep 3, 2021 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by CarNut (Post 33541128)

Four Points showed as available in searches at Marriott.com the last couple of weeks, which surprised me; it definitely seemed to be closed when I drove by in July. But take a look at the "verified reviews" for the hotel on Marriott.com -- the hotel seems to have reopened in recent weeks. The new reviews are generally pretty bad.