Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Yes. Amex has no way of knowing what you bought. Years ago, I had an Amex Cda offer that was for buying a certain brand of premium fuel. I bought regular fuel. It worked. Then I bought a gift card from the gas station. It worked.
Did it trigger the CC category bonus points as well? Dare I ask, were you able to get Marriott points also as an eligible charge or Marriott was able to determine what you purchased so it didn't count?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Did it trigger the CC category bonus points as well? Dare I ask, were you able to get Marriott points also as an eligible charge or Marriott was able to determine what you purchased so it didn't count?
I think the offer was on my Plat Amex, not my SPG Amex, so no other bonuses.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
The 2nd part of my post was responding to your "not a logical statement" which I read as comparing the CY to the SW at any cost....
No. And you should edit your post. You still can't comprehend the illogical aspect of edgewood49 stating that "It's not worth it to stay at the CY for $40 or even 100."?

OF COURSE it's not worth 100, if it's not worth 40.The statement is Illogical, redundant, whatever........

Now, remove my quote from your post, as it does not relate to anything you wrote. Please.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:35 pm

I think the offer was on my Plat Amex, not my SPG Amex, so no other bonuses.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I will probably do what MG suggested but I wanted to clarify what you said about the sign-to-room. So you are saying that Sheraton, Royal Hawaiian, Moana, and Princess Kaiulani can all cross sign to room but Marriott is not included? I guess it doesn't matter they are now all under Bonvoy?
Correct, Sheraton, Royal Hawaiian, Moana, and Princess Kaiulani are all owned by the same Japanese company and understand they all share some operation functions so for many years they have allowed cross-charging which I understand to be pretty successful in driving food & beverage business among those properties. The tacky Marriott, Laylow and CY are owned separately so don't have the sign-to-room arrangement that the former SPG properties have.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back at the Sheraton Waikiki. Upgraded from cheapest city view room to ocean front Ohana Suite (1100 sq ft) at check in. This property rarely disappoints.

Wanted to add two points to my previous review.

First, they have returned to wrist band keys which I think are great. I was the first person to get them at check in this morning as they were delivered while I was standing at the counter. I was given silver bracelets and I saw the other bag had bright yellow bracelets. (Previous bands were navy.)

Secondly, SW took delivery of a whole bunch of new bathtubs this morning, so it seems they will be gutting the bathrooms with the renos. ^

Last edited by margarita girl; Apr 1, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Back at the Sheraton Waikiki. Upgraded from cheapest city view room to ocean front Ohana Suite at check in. This property rarely disappoints.

Wanted to add two points to my previous review.

First, they have returned to wrist band keys which I thought were great. I was the first person to get them at check in this morning as they were delivered as I was standing at the counter. I was given silver bracelets and I saw the other bag was bright yellow bracelets. (Previous bands were navy.)

Secondly, SW took delivery of a whole bunch of new bathtubs this morning, so it seems they will be gutting the bathrooms with the renos. ^

Any indications when the first of the new rooms will be online ? How's the noise ?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Any indications when the first of the new rooms will be online ? How's the noise ?
I was told soon. I don’t have a date.

Noise is annoying but tolerable. I could always move to the other pool but I dislike squealing munchkins more.
EdV and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I asked at FD and was told it would be 2-3 months for the renovated rooms.

Also clarified the new wristband colors. Silver and Gold Elites get yellow wristbands. Plat, Tit and Amb Elites get the silver ones. At least the staff at this hotel knows the correct hierarchy. And no status gets the black Bonbon keycards.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Also clarified the new wristband colors. Silver and Gold Elites get yellow wristbands. Plat, Tit and Amb Elites get the silver ones.
Disappointing not to see a differentiation between ambassador and platinum.

Can you still room charge at the Westin Moana Surfrider or the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Disappointing not to see a differentiation between ambassador and platinum.

Can you still room charge at the Westin Moana Surfrider or the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani?
You do realize that this is just a room key, right? And presumably might speed up entry into Leahi lounge. (The lady at the lounge doesn’t even ask for my room number from stay to stay. She just says “Welcome back”.)

I didn’t buy anything while at the MS. However the bill at the SW Edge bar had the option of ticking off one of 4 boxes for the 4 properties.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
You do realize that this is just a room key, right?
Yes, but it's such an easy way to recognize.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium

I asked at FD and was told it would be 2-3 months for the renovated rooms.

Also clarified the new wristband colors. Silver and Gold Elites get yellow wristbands. Plat, Tit and Amb Elites get the silver ones. At least the staff at this hotel knows the correct hierarchy. And no status gets the black Bonbon keycards.
I'll be staying at the Sheraton in May so I'm probably going to miss the renovations but that property rarely disappoints me when it comes to upgrades during the week.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
It'd be nice if ANY of this discussion had something to do with the Sheraton Waikiki.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by clublounger
It'd be nice if ANY of this discussion had something to do with the Sheraton Waikiki.
it does there are many of us in here that "chat" about everything relevant to staying at the Sheraton and that includes getting to and from the islands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.