Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by bocastephen
If the renovation was posted on the website with specific days/hours, and upon arrival the hotel or contractor is working outside those previously disclosed hours, then a guest has a valid claim that should be addressed by the property.
Correct however that is solely dependent on the ownerships approval.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Actually, we have some videos that we took yesterday while sitting on the lounge chairs at the Edge pool. By about 9:30am we had had enough and moved over to the family pool. I'll see if I can figure out how to get them posted later today.
That would be extremely helpful actually! Let us know if you're able to post them. Am happy to PM you my email address also.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Sorry for the delay, see if this works. I dropped a .mov file into a word doc. Try double clicking it. Taken on 2/18/19 at about 9:15am while laying in the second row of lounge chairs at the Edge Pool.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Sheraton Waikiki 2.18.19.docx (805.1 KB, 91 views)
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:02 am

I can guarantee one thing rates will climb after this is all done.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:01 am

Sorry for the delay, see if this works. I dropped a .mov file into a word doc. Try double clicking it. Taken on 2/18/19 at about 9:15am while laying in the second row of lounge chairs at the Edge Pool.
Can't get it to work - I can see the picture but double clicking it doesn't play the video. Any chance you can upload to youtube? Thank you for posting it though, very curious to see it.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I can guarantee one thing rates will climb after this is all done.
They can only climb so much - there is already competition from same-family properties nearby, plus other mid-high brands, AirBNB and Ko 'Olina.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, United Prestige. Woot!
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Question for y'all - we have an upcoming stay here at the SW. The day we check out our flight's not until 9 PM - on our last stay they stored our bags for us and said there would be a hospitality suite/shower available if we needed it. Our flight was a bit earlier last time so we didn't end up using their facilities to shower/etc. They didn't give us late checkout last time so I'm not hopeful of us getting it this time. We're only lowly Golds so probably mean nothing to them. Has anyone used their shower facilities for this purpose? We'd love to have some extra lounge time at the pool if possible, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to burn a free night cert at the Courtyard just to have a clean shower before we head out.
Their hospitality suite for people in this situation is a standard hotel room with a couch, coffee table and a bathroom (no bed), with a lovely view of a wall on the backside of the building, bottom floor. It's a room that they could never sell. That being said, it has a shower and a place to sit! It's not a room that encourages hanging out though
dagangwood likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
They can only climb so much - there is already competition from same-family properties nearby, plus other mid-high brands, AirBNB and Ko 'Olina.
you say that I have said that yet rates climb, along with cost of food and beverage.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:55 pm

here you go, enjoy!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:19 pm

https://vimeo.com/318913450

here you go, enjoy!
Wow that is truly awful! I cannot fathom trying to relax with a cold longboard at the Edge pool if that's how loud it is. Thank you so much for sharing - we have some serious thinking to do! I assume it's pretty much this loud nonstop from 9A-5P?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:33 pm

It wasn’t nonstop, more like sporadic but frequent enough that it was too distracting for us to enjoy the Edge pool.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:04 pm

It wasn’t nonstop, more like sporadic but frequent enough that it was too distracting for us to enjoy the Edge pool.
Those sounds are hammer drills and impact hammers use to chip out spalled concrete and rebar once removed new rebar and high tensile strength concrete placed back, there you go
The _Banking_Scot and EdV like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I stayed at the Halekulani and the jackhammering on monday was truly awful and after an crappy weather week it was the first good day.
it kept going at 830 am every day. we checked out and left
It should be on the website of the Waikiki, Halekulani and the Royal Hawaiian as it was intense
i could even hear it in the surf.
I also have video of the noise. will try to post
dagangwood likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Last time I was here was during the chaotic October strike. Things are back to normal now.

Check-in was smooth. The Elite desk is open again (it was closed during the strike), and even though there was only one agent at the Elite counter, there is no waiting as Elites are regularly pulled over to the regular counters ahead of the 20-30 people waiting to check-in there! This hotel has always excelled at Elite recognition.

For the first time in a long time, I was not upgraded to a suite. I had booked the cheapest City View room I could find. Best they could offer me was a Deluxe Ocean Front room which had a beautiful view of the beach and Diamond Head, but is still only 280 sq ft. It's good to be humbled every now and then. However, I checked back at the Elite desk the next morning, and the FD agent was thrilled to tell me that she found me a Kai Suite (just over 1100 sq ft) for the following 2 nights. As usual, I was given a voucher for redemption at the Gift Shop to fill a paper bag with goodies.

At check-in, I was asked if I wanted 1000 points as my welcome amenity or breakfast in the restaurant (Kai Market, valued at $36 pp), without prompting. Even though the lounge has a decent hot breakfast, I chose the restaurant since the selection is much larger, and we are here for 3 nights. The breakfast coupon says "continental breakfast" but we helped ourselves to everything that was on offer. Restaurant breakfast was excellent and they have my favorite bread pudding with a caramel banana sauce.

The first day (while still in my tiny room), they delivered 3 plates of snacks to my room ( 4 chocolates, 3 cookie/brownie things, and a large plate of fruit with half a pineapple, papaya, strawberries and blueberries). First time I've received this additional amenity. Maybe because they couldn't get me a suite the first night?

They no longer have the reserved Plat chairs at the pool due to the large influx of Plats since the merger. Our favorite pool supervisor no longer works here and has relocated to the Alohilani. They have also done away with Happy Hour at the pool bar since the strike, which is very disappointing. I hope they bring this back. It used to be offered 7 days a week, then Mon-Fri and now no more! There was live music at the pool during the afternoon which was nice.

We could hear noise from the renovations up above, but it was not disruptive.

The Leahi Lounge still has probably the best view in all of Waikiki since it is on the 30th floor. On the one side, you have the spectacular view of the beach and Diamond Head. The other side has great sunsets and is perfect for watching the Hilton fireworks on Friday nights (usually at 7:45). The evening service includes free wine and beer, and there are always 3 hot items on offer, plus various salads, veggies, cheese, etc.

Menu for evening service in Leahi Lounge.

Overall, this is a solid property with outstanding Plat and above recognition. Yes, the room furnishings are old and tired, but that should be greatly improved once the renovations are complete. I asked if they had any renovated rooms in service yet, and I was told they were close, but not ready yet. This will continue to be my favorite property in Waikiki!
spgplatfromchitown and Kacee like this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Mar 29, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Last time I was here was during the chaotic October strike. Things are back to normal now.

Check-in was smooth. The Elite desk is open again (it was closed during the strike), and even though there was only one agent at the Elite counter, there is no waiting as Elites are regularly pulled over to the regular counters ahead of the 20-30 people waiting to check-in there! This hotel has always excelled at Elite recognition.

For the first time in a long time, I was not upgraded to a suite. I had booked the cheapest City View room I could find. Best they could offer me was a Deluxe Ocean Front room which had a beautiful view of the beach and Diamond Head, but is still only 280 sq ft. It's good to be humbled every now and then. However, I checked back at the Elite desk the next morning, and the FD agent was thrilled to tell me that she found me a Kai Suite (just over 1100 sq ft) for the following 2 nights. As usual, I was given a voucher for redemption at the Gift Shop to fill a paper bag with goodies.

At check-in, I was asked if I wanted 1000 points as my welcome amenity or breakfast in the restaurant (Kai Market), without prompting. Even though the lounge has a decent hot breakfast, I chose the restaurant since the selection is much larger, and we are here for 3 nights. The breakfast coupon says "continental breakfast" but we helped ourselves to everything that was on offer. Restaurant breakfast was excellent and they have my favorite bread pudding with a caramel banana sauce.

The first day (while still in my tiny room), they delivered 3 plates of snacks to my room ( 4 chocolates, 3 cookie/brownie things, and a large plate of fruit with half a pineapple, papaya, strawberries and blueberries). First time I've received this additional amenity. Maybe because they couldn't get me a suite the first night?

They no longer have the reserved Plat chairs at the pool due to the large influx of Plats since the merger. Our favorite pool supervisor no longer works here and has relocated to the Alohilani. They have also done away with Happy Hour at the pool bar since the strike, which is very disappointing. I hope they bring this back. It used to be offered 7 days a week, then Mon-Fri and now no more! There was live music at the pool during the afternoon which was nice.

We could hear noise from the renovations up above, but it was not disruptive.

The Leahi Lounge still has probably the best view in all of Waikiki since it is on the 30th floor. On the one side, you have the spectacular view of the beach and Diamond Head. The other side has great sunsets and is perfect for watching the Hilton fireworks on Friday nights (usually at 7:45). The evening service includes free wine and beer, and there are always 3 hot items on offer, plus various salads, veggies, cheese, etc.

Menu for evening service in Leahi Lounge.

Overall, this is a solid property with outstanding Plat and above recognition. Yes, the room furnishings are old and tired, but that should be greatly improved once the renovations are complete. I asked if they had any renovated rooms in service yet, and I was told they were close, but not ready yet. This will continue to be my favorite property in Waikiki!
Thanks MG might try later on this summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.