Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by qofmiwok
That surprises me because both GS and GH are old. That is what is keeping me away. The rooms look old fashioned and they haven't been remodeled since 2008. Maybe that just shows you how the Park Lane isn't anything great.
GH/JW is in the midst of a renovation right now. Park Lane finished one in 2015. GS finished one in 2011.

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:56 am

We love the Park Lane. Have had a different view in all three stays but unless you have a park view, you are going to be looking at buildings. The rooms are tiny but well appointed. The lounge is very good and the staff there is exceptional. There are windows in the small room to the left as you enter the lounge btw. The location is very good with the tube stop just steps away and bus access at that end of Hyde Park is very, very good as well. I think the convenient access to tube and bus make this a better choice than GH for touring.
Here is an email address: MHRS, London England Park Lane AYS [email protected]
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
The rooms are tiny? I think for London, the regular rooms are on the large end of the scale.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by catocony
The rooms are tiny? I think for London, the regular rooms are on the large end of the scale.
When I stayed there I had a really good sized room. But there could be some tiny ones.

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:57 am

Really? According to the Wiki the GS and GH were last remodeled in 2008. Guess that needs an update. Now that i'm looking at the photos of GH I can see that the rooms look new. So I'll see if something comes available in the next couple days as people cancel their points reservations. The only thing showing now is points plus 80 GBP/night for executive room, and I already get exec lounge access with Gold.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by catocony
I've been keeping notes on the various rooms I have stayed in (am always looking for a separate shower rather than over bathtub & trying to avoid the noise from the Pop-Up Bar on the roof) ... On one visit this Summer, I was reluctantly "upgraded" to 344 which overlooked the Park, hence the "upgrade" ...my notes say "tiny" !
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Due to an initially poor view and then a broken HVAC system, I ended up with 3 rooms at Park Lane this summer, all looked to be on the smaller side of the norm based on the floor diagram. None of them were Springhill big, but they were also not tiny. I define tiny as like the Hudson or Yotel. There was room to use my foam roller on the floor and all of them had an arm chair and desk as well.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by qofmiwok
Really? According to the Wiki the GS and GH were last remodeled in 2008. Guess that needs an update. Now that i'm looking at the photos of GH I can see that the rooms look new. So I'll see if something comes available in the next couple days as people cancel their points reservations. The only thing showing now is points plus 80 GBP/night for executive room, and I already get exec lounge access with Gold.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
GH/JW is in the midst of a renovation right now. Park Lane finished one in 2015. GS finished one in 2011.
The remodel data and dates in the Wiki is based on information that is provided by each property's web pages as well as info from Wikipedia - images from marriott.com and wikipedia.org are included below. If the data is not current, I encourage folks to update the info accordingly.

David
Attached Images    
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by DELee
The remodel data and dates in the Wiki is based on information that is provided by each property's web pages as well as info from Wikipedia - images from marriott.com and wikipedia.org are included below. If the data is not current, I encourage folks to update the info accordingly.

David
It was not a dig towards you David, but google brought up that JW did renovation of public spaces (they even had a press release when they did a garden party w/ celebs attending) & room renovation. Same w/ GS; their renovation tied into their 25th anniversary, & the PL did their own press release re: their renovation. The nice part about wikis is that they can be updated & are not set in time. I updated the renovation date on the 3 properties a few days ago.

Cheers.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Skype call the property. Sounds like you need a room w/ 2 doubles & add a crib. I seriously doubt you'd get hit w/ a 500GBP charge.

Cheers.
Thanks. I contacted the hotel and I was told that there is NO fee for kids under 3 (but only 3ppl allowed per reward room and if you want to have 2 kids with 2 adults, you would have to pay a lot more per night on top of the points )so we are all booked for next summer.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Anyone had a stay here lately? Going to stay there for a week in July and I would love a direct email of a specific person I could contact beforehand. Also, any other info on this hotel would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Platinum
Highly recommended

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

140 Park Lane London, GB W1K 7AA

Highly recommended (0 Photo)

Intimate as a boutique upscale hotel. Wonderful club room, quiet, elegant. Loved my stay.

Room

Very nice and comfortable. Beautiful bathrooms

Across from Hyde Park and tube entrance

Highly recommended

Would you like to write a review on the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just booked two rooms on points for two weeks prior to Christmas. How full will the hotel be at this time? The posts seem to be all over the place with views of shafts to views of the park.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold)
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Just booked two rooms on points for two weeks prior to Christmas. How full will the hotel be at this time? The posts seem to be all over the place with views of shafts to views of the park.
I booked a room using points at the Marriott Park Lane for 5 nights the week of Dec 11-16 last year, so my stay started exactly 2 weeks before Christmas.

I was able to to get a room facing the Marble Arch on Park Lane. (No requests other than away from elevator)

Last edited by TheIronWill; Jun 10, 2018 at 4:31 pm
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Two weeks at the same hotel? Wow. That's a lot of time in London. Why not split your stay up between two or three properties to maximize your experiences?

In general, these sorts of properties tend to be good for elites in and around Christmas because so many business travelers are off-the-road. If the hotel isn't playing games with upgrades then a platinum should have good luck. Then again, getting an upgrade for a 2-week stay will be much more difficult than an upgrade for a 5-night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.