Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Am considering a 3-night stay at this property using points in April 2017. In looking at the web site rates for cash upgrades to an award stay, I was totally perplexed by the pricing for a Premier Suite.

That is, the web site says 45K pts + £1000 (!) per night. But the cash rack rate for the room is £949. What's the hotel's rationale for charging Cat 9 points and then having to pay an upgrade amount that is greater than the rack rate???

Comparing the rate for Premier Suite (£949) to the lowest priced room (a "Deluxe" at £449) would indicate £500 would be a more justifiable (tho' still a bit onerous) upgrade fee.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Book the award room, then contact Front Office management (second level or above) and ask about the possibility of paying a supplement for the Premier Suite. Have a reasonable range in mind, perhaps £200-£400.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just booked three award rooms for Park Lane for April 2017.

As a Platinum Premier, I should have access to the Executive Lounge. Was wondering on what floor does the lounge occupy and looking for feedback on what is offered at breakfast. Any and all experiences will be much appreciated!

David
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Unless it's changed the exec lounge is on the ground floor.

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Just completed a 3 night stay (on points) at this property. It is fantastic, perhaps one my best stays.

Property - immaculate and perfectly located. Fitness center and indoor pool were all great.

Rooms - Upgraded to junior suite w/ separate living area and bed. Room/bathroom were luxurious.

Staff - wow. Absolutely blew me away. The staff went absolutely out of their way to recognize my status, upgraded me to a junior suite and all greeted me by name after day 1 each time they saw me. Couldn't be more helpful.

Exec lounge - on ground floor. Had above average offerings. Breakfast was full service from eggs, meats, fruit, cereals, breads, etc. Afternoon tea/scones and evening apps were all delicious. Staff, again, great.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by ssafro1
Just completed a 3 night stay (on points) at this property. It is fantastic, perhaps one my best stays.

Property - immaculate and perfectly located. Fitness center and indoor pool were all great.

Rooms - Upgraded to junior suite w/ separate living area and bed. Room/bathroom were luxurious.

Staff - wow. Absolutely blew me away. The staff went absolutely out of their way to recognize my status, upgraded me to a junior suite and all greeted me by name after day 1 each time they saw me. Couldn't be more helpful.

Exec lounge - on ground floor. Had above average offerings. Breakfast was full service from eggs, meats, fruit, cereals, breads, etc. Afternoon tea/scones and evening apps were all delicious. Staff, again, great.
I stayed here a few years back (2014) and had a similar experience. Terrific hotel, great staff, had a really nice room, left with a smile on my face. Would definitely stay there again!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I prefer JW but agree this is a good property. I stayed at Park Lane a couple of times. One w/ zero as an upgrade. Another w/ upgrade to the jr. suite. In the past the exec lounge was better, but also the lounge attendants were a pain, hovering over you as though they thought you were going to steal the booze.

Cheers.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I stayed at Park Lane a couple of times. One w/ zero as an upgrade. Another w/ upgrade to the jr. suite.
Not sure what you mean by "One w/ zero as an upgrade"?

David
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Not sure what you mean by "One w/ zero as an upgrade"?

David
He stayed there twice. Once he got zero upgrade, the other time he got a junior suite.

I got no upgrade staying here on points as Plat last time, but it was a very early check-in so I was not too fussed.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I prefer JW but agree this is a good property. I stayed at Park Lane a couple of times. One w/ zero as an upgrade. Another w/ upgrade to the jr. suite. In the past the exec lounge was better, but also the lounge attendants were a pain, hovering over you as though they thought you were going to steal the booze.

Cheers.
Funny - the attendant was nowhere near the booze when I was there (good for me!). But I walked into the JW - just felt too large, impersonal. Nobody even acknowledged me walking through the property. Did not stay there obviously so cannot comment on it further.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:53 pm
alc

Finally decided to stay at this Marriott for our upcoming summer vacation. I would like to contact the hotel in advance and was wondering if the email address ([email protected]) mentioned above is still valid or not.

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Rooms 306-316 have a small balcony two chairs with a view of a brick building next door. Rooms 340 to 354 view the park, but also hear the noise.

The center rooms look at each other.

(See ground plan image below or link)

By the way, I found the restaurant across from the main entrance (NOT on Park Lane) to be very tasty and great service.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...-img-3297.html

Last edited by calrick; May 23, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
Finally decided to stay at this Marriott for our upcoming summer vacation. I would like to contact the hotel in advance and was wondering if the email address ([email protected]) mentioned above is still valid or not.

Thanks.
Not sure if you were able to get through, but the e-mail address I have for the concierge is similar: [email protected]

David
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:08 am
alc

Originally Posted by DELee
Not sure if you were able to get through, but the e-mail address I have for the concierge is similar: [email protected]

David
Thanks David. Due to some unfortunate situations that force us to reduce the number of nights at London, we end up cancelling our reservation after-all. But thanks for providing the email address.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm checking into Park Lane today and will update later. I see they've upgraded me from a "Deluxe" non-view room to a "Superior" room with a "Mayfair" view. I shelled out the 180K points for 5 nights. I'm fine not getting a suite, I sleep better in more confined spaces but I do love a good view so hope this works out well for me. Having the pool was the decider for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.