Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
How can they be the same amount of points? Ren IRS is Category 6 & Vienna Marriott is Category 8. The Marriott's in the center/on the Ring so I understand your wanting to stay there (I've stayed at both properties & recommend them both), but don't see how they can be the same amount of points.

Cheers.
You are right, Marriott is 40000 and Ren is 20000(looks like I didnt have my coffee when doing the searches).

Thanks for correcting me.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:20 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vanabb
Does the Renaissance Wien still have a pool, or is that now permanently closed?
Pool was removed during the renovation.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:42 pm

Moxy at Vienna Airport

I have heard mixed reports about the Moxy and wonder whether anyone from FT has stayed there? If so, what did you think of it?

Also, does the Moxy offer free breakfast to Platinum members?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by puchong
I have heard mixed reports about the Moxy and wonder whether anyone from FT has stayed there? If so, what did you think of it?

Also, does the Moxy offer free breakfast to Platinum members?
There's a property thread w/ trip reports.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ht=Moxy+Vienna

Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: TK: Elite, BA: Silver, A3: Gold, AB: Platinum, SPG: Platinum, Hilton: Diamond
Hey guys,

planning a 2 day stay in Vienna and thinking about the IRS.

Is the lounge still decent? I remember they used to offer champagne once...
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by LH2100
Hey guys,

planning a 2 day stay in Vienna and thinking about the IRS.

Is the lounge still decent? I remember they used to offer champagne once...
Checked out Tuesday, after a 7 night stay at the Ren IRS. I found the lounge to be very good. Open seven days per week. Most nights (6?) hot food was offered. As far as wine and beer were concerned, they still have a sparkling white (not champagne, but I think it was a blanc de blanc); another white and a red. Heineken and Gösser beers were always in the refrigerator.

Didn't receive an upgrade but was in the main hotel on the 7th floor. Room was small but I enjoyed the quiet at night!

Cheers once again to Sharon! All the information provided made for a wonderful trip!

Update: ExArkie was right. Checked with my wife and it was indeed grüner veltliner (white bottle)!

Last edited by mtcrawford; Sep 1, 2017 at 7:38 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by mtcrawford
... they still have a sparkling white (not champagne, but I think it was a blanc de blanc)...
I was there about a year ago. The sparkling wine was a Gruner Vetliner. The still wines were Austrian grapes, as well, but they varied over the course of the stay (about ten days, I think?). Seems like there were about three or four different whites, a couple of different reds.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by mtcrawford

Cheers once again to Sharon! All the information provided made for a wonderful trip!
Glad you had a great trip & glad the Vienna doc I provided came in handy.

Cheers.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: TK: Elite, BA: Silver, A3: Gold, AB: Platinum, SPG: Platinum, Hilton: Diamond
Thank you everyone!

So if I understand it correctly: The IRS consists of 2 buildings, one main hotel and one club wing?

Which one is better to stay in?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:48 am

Thank you everyone!

So if I understand it correctly: The IRS consists of 2 buildings, one main hotel and one club wing?

I like the club side because it's smaller & you just go down a couple of floors & the exec lounge is right there. The main hotel is larger & the hallways are long. But it's not like you'll go wrong with either.

Cheers.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I like the club side because it's smaller & you just go down a couple of floors & the exec lounge is right there. The main hotel is larger & the hallways are long. But it's not like you'll go wrong with either.

Cheers.
It was indeed a long walk from the end of the 7th floor in the main building to the exec. lounge.

I appreciated that my floor was really quiet, but I needed to take a daily 6:00 AM hike yo the lounge every morning for coffee (no coffee maker in room).

Would have appreciated a larger room; it was a little tight for 7 nights.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:29 am

Thank you everyone!

The IRS would be fine if the Marriott didn't exist. I've been staying at the Marriott since 1999 and for good reason. The location is unbeatable and now after a long overdue renovation the rooms are very comfortable- even if they are a bit on the small side.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:58 am

The Marriott has the best location, but IRS isn't far. IRS is Cat 8 vs MAR Cat 9, and price is usually a bit less expensive on paid stays. I went to school in Wien, have been back several times over the years for mtgs/class reunions/FT Dos, and have stayed at both properties multiple times. The nice part is that both properties are good options!

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Had overnight stay 24 Sept. Arrived late, left early on 25th. Room small, clean, quick check in after doing it on line. Have not received emailed invoice but charge has not appeared on my cc yet either. Would definitely recommend for similar (airport hotel). Did not use any facilities.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Marriott Vienna

Just posted a mini-review of recent stay at the Marriott in the thread Sharon created for that property. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post28898114

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.