Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

SPG member benefits provided in August 2017 by member Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers.

SPG member discount at Hotel’s venues:
  • 15% discount on Food bill (lunch & dinner only, not breakfast) at Saigon Café Buffet Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill at Level 23 Signature Restaurant and Li Bai Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill, from 10AM to 11PM at Mojo on Dong Khoi and The Lounge
  • 15% discount on Food and 15% discount on non alcoholic Beverage at Level 23 Nightspot and Wine Bar.
  • 20% discount all Spa service.

Club Lounge Benefits:
  • Private and personalized registration and check out in the Lounge
  • Buffet breakfast served from 6.30am until 10.00am in the Lounge.
  • Happy Hours drinks and hors d’oeuvres each evening from 5.00pm to 7.30pm
  • One hour complimentary use of the Club Lounge meeting room (subject to availability)
  • Wireless and Broadband Internet connection and workstations at the Club Lounge
  • Facsimile and photocopying services available
  • Light pressing of three garments per stay upon arrival
  • 24 hour Butler service and Concierge services available
  • Choice of international newspapers in the lounge
  • Sheraton Fitness Gym featuring latest Techno gym equipment for selected workout stations
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
don't like hearing they don't let children into lounge for free. What kind of a policy is that? I guess I will stick to Le Meridien. I'll never stay at a hotel that doesn't let my kid in when accompanying me.
That is the kind of policy that attracts guests like myself.
kalo93406, CJKatl, jaejaez and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
After multiple stays at the Sheraton Saigon (which is still beloved and a favorite), we are at the Park Hyatt Saigon right now, and it’s definitely another level above. The hotel is around the corner from the Sheraton so we are exactly where we want to be.

Works for me since I’m Elite at both Starriott and Hyatt, but obviously not for everyone else.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:26 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are there still two club lounges here or just one in the Grand Tower now?
Just the one,
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
New email address

Could someone let me know if the email address for this hotel has changed from the .sheraton.com to Marriott.com since the merger?

Last edited by qrctraveller; Dec 4, 2018 at 4:33 pm
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:17 am
Company Representative: Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers

Location: 88 Dong Khoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
Could someone let me know if the email address for this hotel has changed from the .sherwton.com to Marriott.com since the merger?
Dear qrctraveller 368,Thank you for reaching out to us. Our email address remains the same at [email protected].In case of further assistance needed, please let me know.
With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Thanks for your response. A true feature from the spg's website, that should have been retained on the Marriott's website, was the ability to communicate with the hotel directly.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
Thanks for your response. A true feature from the spg's website, that should have been retained on the Marriott's website, was the ability to communicate with the hotel directly.
Dear qrctraveller 368,
Thank you for your feedback and we will review it respectively. We take great pride in understanding our guests and your feedback is crucial towards enhancing every guest's experience.
In the meantime, you can follow our official fanpage as below for the latest news and update.
www.facebook.com/sheratonsaigonhotel

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Poor experience with Children and left feeling coerced into spending $ by apparent fr

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I've stayed here a couple of times and liked it, but I was always solo -- don't like hearing they don't let children into lounge for free. What kind of a policy is that? I guess I will stick to Le Meridien. I'll never stay at a hotel that doesn't let my kid in when accompanying me.
No changes here! Really disappointed with this hotel. 2 reasons.

When checking in with my family I asked for the platinum breakfast amenity. But the check in lady said I had no need and should take the miles as the club lounge has an excellent breakfast. So I did. First day, nice breakfast, no problems. Today I arrived at 6.40am prior to a 7am pick up to go out of town on a trip. The lounge lady was adamant that children would not be allowed into the lounge before 9. The lounge was visibly empty. I asked her 4 times, where else we could go for breakfast as we had only 20 mins and my kids (11 & 8) needed some sustenance before heading out. She never once answered my question and directed me to another restaurant (I assume there is one offering breakfast elsewhere in the hotel). I left my family at the club lounge being refused entry whilst I went to reception to talk with the duty manager. She listened and just stared at me, seemingly at a loss for what to say. So in the end, I returned to my family, by which time we had 12 minutes left and we just went into the club lounge and had a swift 12 min breakfast. I understand the policy. But if thats the case, a) don't suggest to a platinum member checking into two rooms with small children that they should take the club breakfast and b), do tell them where else they can go when that is the case.

Secondly, the in house Chinese restaurant Li Bai is currently listed #1 out of 3,356 restaurants in HCM on trip advisor. Thinking I would treat my family, I took them there for dinner last night. This restaurant is tired and mediocre in every respect. It is dingy, poorly laid out, has worn and faded table linens, worn carpets and most importantly, very average food. On looking more closely at the trip advisor reviews this morning, it is apparent that after the last non 5 star review from an apparently genuine reviewer (4 stars on 22 Dec) in the following 5 days there was a flurry of fifteen 5* reviews using often similar sentence construction and in all cases, written by 'reviewers' who have only ever completed one review on trip advisor, namely for this restaurant. I will leave everybody on the forum to figure out what is going on here. All I can say is that of the restaurants I have visited in HCM, Li Bai would come somewhere between half and two thirds of the way down the list. For it to be #1 out of 3,356, strongly suggests to me that the rating on trip advisor is being fraudulently manipulated with or without the knowledge of management
zzap likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:17 am

This is why I never, ever use TripAdvisor.
estnet likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by brentford77
No changes here! Really disappointed with this hotel. 2 reasons.

When checking in with my family I asked for the platinum breakfast amenity. But the check in lady said I had no need and should take the miles as the club lounge has an excellent breakfast. So I did. First day, nice breakfast, no problems. Today I arrived at 6.40am prior to a 7am pick up to go out of town on a trip. The lounge lady was adamant that children would not be allowed into the lounge before 9. The lounge was visibly empty. I asked her 4 times, where else we could go for breakfast as we had only 20 mins and my kids (11 & 8) needed some sustenance before heading out. She never once answered my question and directed me to another restaurant (I assume there is one offering breakfast elsewhere in the hotel). I left my family at the club lounge being refused entry whilst I went to reception to talk with the duty manager. She listened and just stared at me, seemingly at a loss for what to say. So in the end, I returned to my family, by which time we had 12 minutes left and we just went into the club lounge and had a swift 12 min breakfast. I understand the policy. But if thats the case, a) don't suggest to a platinum member checking into two rooms with small children that they should take the club breakfast and b), do tell them where else they can go when that is the case.

Secondly, the in house Chinese restaurant Li Bai is currently listed #1 out of 3,356 restaurants in HCM on trip advisor. Thinking I would treat my family, I took them there for dinner last night. This restaurant is tired and mediocre in every respect. It is dingy, poorly laid out, has worn and faded table linens, worn carpets and most importantly, very average food. On looking more closely at the trip advisor reviews this morning, it is apparent that after the last non 5 star review from an apparently genuine reviewer (4 stars on 22 Dec) in the following 5 days there was a flurry of fifteen 5* reviews using often similar sentence construction and in all cases, written by 'reviewers' who have only ever completed one review on trip advisor, namely for this restaurant. I will leave everybody on the forum to figure out what is going on here. All I can say is that of the restaurants I have visited in HCM, Li Bai would come somewhere between half and two thirds of the way down the list. For it to be #1 out of 3,356, strongly suggests to me that the rating on trip advisor is being fraudulently manipulated with or without the knowledge of management
Dear Brentford77,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on FlyerTalk.

I am sorry to read about the poor experience you had in the morning at our Club Lounge. We have indeed recently implemented a Child policy – which is that children aged 11 and below are allowed in the Club Lounge from 9am to 5pm. As an alternative (for breakfast and/or evening cocktails), we offer our guests to dine either at our pool side or our All day dining, Saigon Café (from 6 am to 9 am and from 6 pm to 8 pm for our guests with club access that are travelling with children below 12 years of age.
Both areas offer more comprehensive selections for dinner than we are able to offer in our Sheraton Club Lounge, in an environment more tailored for families to enjoy a meal together.
We have taken your feedback on board and the way this has been handled was indeed not ideal.
As for the second point you have brought up regarding our Chinese Restaurant, please allow me to reiterate (as said in my personal email to you and in my response to you on TripAdvisor), that I am very sorry that you had a below average experience. We usually pride ourselves with delivering excellent quality of food paired with attentive and friendly service. It very much looks like we have fallen short on this particular occasion.
Please accept my humble apologies for this and I wish this had been brought to my attention during your visit, in order for me to somewhat make up for it.
As for our current TripAdvisor ranking, allow me again to reiterate, as I said in my email to you, that in no way are we outsourcing anything to any outside agency to have our ranking where it is.
TripAdvisor rankings are purely and solely based on quality, quantity and recency of guest reviews.
While we have recognized that and are proactively soliciting reviews of our guests, we cannot in any way, “buy” our way up the rankings.
We hope these 2 incidents have not permanently marred your opinion of our Hotel and that we will be able to welcome you back to the Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers.

Warmest regards,
Jean-David Spira
Director of Food and Beverage
Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Why aren' t there any posts here for years? Perhaps b/c I couldn't find it on ANY search on this site - only by doing a google search for
sheraton saigon:flyertalk

Okay I posted this after finding the last post was dated dec 2011 - when it posted it then showed more recent posts???? Any idea why?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Okay here is the post that I put in the wrong thread - asked for moderator to move it but so far no.....so (edit I found out that to ask a mod to move u have to report as bad post as the mods don't read every post - so my fault for not doing it right)
Because I read on tripadvisor that a plat was told no ug to suite even when suites were available I wrote and asked their benefits for plat

1st reply - basically told to go to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi

2 wrote back and said I was familiar with the rules but had read report that plat was denied ug to suite when available and this is why I was asking

3 received reply
"We are sorry for misunderstanding, for your information you can contact to our Customer Center as below email they can assist to check the issue and assist you further for your request about upgrade to suite.
[email protected] ([email protected]) "

By contrast when I made the same request to 2 other hotels they replied with the usual list of what they provide

So either there is a SERIOUS language issue or the hotel is simply dodging - in any case I won't bother to stay there!
I've often made this request to clarify what the hotel is offering and have never received such an incompetent response - to me this indicates that the hotel doesn't value guests enough to even assign someone who is aware of their own policies to answer a guests question.

Last edited by estnet; Feb 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by estnet
Why aren' t there any posts here for years? Perhaps b/c I couldn't find it on ANY search on this site - only by doing a google search for
sheraton saigon:flyertalk

Okay I posted this after finding the last post was dated dec 2011 - when it posted it then showed more recent posts???? Any idea why?
Sounds like you went to the link from Google without subsequently going to the most recent page of posts.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by estnet
Okay here is the post that I put in the wrong thread - asked for moderator to move it but so far no.....so

Because I read on tripadvisor that a plat was told no ug to suite even when suites were available I wrote and asked their benefits for plat

1st reply - basically told to go to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi

2 wrote back and said I was familiar with the rules but had read report that plat was denied ug to suite when available and this is why I was asking

3 received reply
"We are sorry for misunderstanding, for your information you can contact to our Customer Center as below email they can assist to check the issue and assist you further for your request about upgrade to suite.
[email protected] ([email protected]) "

By contrast when I made the same request to 2 other hotels they replied with the usual list of what they provide

So either there is a SERIOUS language issue or the hotel is simply dodging - in any case I won't bother to stay there!
I've often made this request to clarify what the hotel is offering and have never received such an incompetent response - to me this indicates that the hotel doesn't value guests enough to even assign someone who is aware of their own policies to answer a guests question.
I stayed there as a platinum premier member recently and was denied an upgrade to any room in the renovated grand tower, let alone a suite. There was plenty of availability too. I was offerred an upgrade for an extra small fee a night though which annoyed me even more.

They acknowledged the best available toom policy but said it didn’t include the grand tower rooms, which is half the hotel. There was no language barrier either, I was speaking Vietnamese.

The hotel does have the best lounge offering and is in the best location of the 3 Marriott hotels in SGN though.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:23 am

I have gotten suites in the regular hotel in the past.

The grand tower is like Sheraton HK Towers. Run as a separate hotel of sorts so you aren’t eligible to upgrades. Remember that only recently did they join the lounges. There used to be separate lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.