Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin vs. Sheraton vs Four Points at LAX 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin vs. Sheraton vs Four Points at LAX 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
...but it seems like the consensus is still really around the Sheraton.

Someone give me a reason to pick the Westin (I'm a Westin junkie)...I really don't want/need care about the club lounge (so less important w/the Sheraton). Most important for me would be 1) decently new room, 2) good gym, 3) Starbucks access.

Thanks!
You are better off at the Sheraton. The Westin is further from the airport and the decor is an older design than the Sheraton.

It is not the world's greatest Sheraton and the lounge is crap, but the rooms are nicer.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
I stayed at the Westin LAX a few weeks ago ... and it will now be my "go to" hotel at LAX. It was an absolutely fantastic stay.

Great front desk staff gave me an awesome welcome. A nice Plat upgrade (thanks Phil!). A great club lounge, staffed by wonderful people. And the shuttle is now dedicated to the Westin, making the painful traffic through the airport's roadways a more comfortable and somewhat faster experience.

Even though the Westin (like almost all airport hotels in LA) is a bit on the old side, the service and people made it a "wow" experience for me. I'd absolutely recommend it!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
I stayed at the Westin LAX a few weeks ago ... and it will now be my "go to" hotel at LAX. It was an absolutely fantastic stay.

Great front desk staff gave me an awesome welcome. A nice Plat upgrade (thanks Phil!). A great club lounge, staffed by wonderful people. And the shuttle is now dedicated to the Westin, making the painful traffic through the airport's roadways a more comfortable and somewhat faster experience.

Even though the Westin (like almost all airport hotels in LA) is a bit on the old side, the service and people made it a "wow" experience for me. I'd absolutely recommend it!
Pictures?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
You are better off at the Sheraton. The Westin is further from the airport and the decor is an older design than the Sheraton.

It is not the world's greatest Sheraton and the lounge is crap, but the rooms are nicer.
Ive had my share of bad rooms at The Shearton, also isnt the lobby more or less closed off due to construction? If aperson will be using the shuttles to/from lAX Id recommend any place other then The Sheraton since its shuttles also serve EZRent=a=car and the parking lot along side EZ = packed shuttles that run on its own times and forgetaboutit if you are landing in T5-7 by the time it gets to you its full so your bags wont have any rack space and you will be standing

The 4P and Westin have dedicated shuttles that serve the hotels only, so should The Sheraton!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
...but it seems like the consensus is still really around the Sheraton.

Someone give me a reason to pick the Westin (I'm a Westin junkie)...I really don't want/need care about the club lounge (so less important w/the Sheraton). Most important for me would be 1) decently new room, 2) good gym, 3) Starbucks access.

Thanks!
Every year since 1985, I scatter about 12 stays among the LAX SPG properties. I can make a case for all three, but for what you state is important, Sheraton wins.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I'd have to cast my vote for the Westin. My last couple of stays I've been upgraded to a terrace suite - fun for watching the planes come in for a landing (if you like that sort of thing )
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:40 pm

Modestly priced SPG at LAX

I was searching for a hotel near LAX to park my jet lagged self for a few hours and did not want to spend an arm and a leg for it. Looked at the three lowest priced hotels - the Aloft El Segundo, the Four Points and the most expensive of the lot, the Westin.

They were the least expensive, but not cheap by any means. However, looking at TripAdvisor, the reviews of all three hotels were pretty awful; worse, the responses from hotel management, so far as they bothered responding, all seened to be pretty apathetic and indifferent.

Are these hotels really that bad? For those who have stayed in the area, which one(s) would you recommend?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bfernand
I was searching for a hotel near LAX to park my jet lagged self for a few hours and did not want to spend an arm and a leg for it. Looked at the three lowest priced hotels - the Aloft El Segundo, the Four Points and the most expensive of the lot, the Westin.

They were the least expensive, but not cheap by any means. However, looking at TripAdvisor, the reviews of all three hotels were pretty awful; worse, the responses from hotel management, so far as they bothered responding, all seened to be pretty apathetic and indifferent.

Are these hotels really that bad? For those who have stayed in the area, which one(s) would you recommend?
What do you consider "low" priced or 'inexpensive"? Only you can determine that. Not trying to be combative, but have your looked at this ]thread or the individual property threads here? The reviews on TripAdvisor and FT will greatly differ.

The Four Points was a well run property, with a GM who was well respected and active here in the forum. He has now moved to be the GM at the Westin.

Personally, I would go with the Sheraton.

Last edited by KENNECTED; Jan 2, 2017 at 9:54 am Reason: corrected link
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:22 pm
Suspended

OP I think youd do better if you dont have any Marriott pts, to open a MR acct and move some SPG to MR. There are a couple of low end Marriotts with a shuttle that last time i checked 25k = just over 8k SPG. They arent on Century Blvd but are just South of the I-105 For $$ just check them out since eventually everything will be Marriott pts anyways
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:29 pm

I've stayed at the Four Points several times. It's fine, quiet and I never had any problems. Westin was also fine. Sheraton had major issues with huge conventions blocking all access and having loud hall parties.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Originally Posted by craz
OP I think youd do better if you dont have any Marriott pts, to open a MR acct and move some SPG to MR. There are a couple of low end Marriotts with a shuttle that last time i checked 25k = just over 8k SPG. They arent on Century Blvd but are just South of the I-105 For $$ just check them out since eventually everything will be Marriott pts anyways
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I've stayed at the Four Points several times. It's fine, quiet and I never had any problems. Westin was also fine. Sheraton had major issues with huge conventions blocking all access and having loud hall parties.
So, there you have it. You should stay at the Sheraton, no I mean a Marriott, no I mean the Four Points or maybe the Westin....
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The prices of all of the LAX hotels seem to fluctuate greatly. One property can be cheap for one date but outrageously overpriced for the following night.

It's supply and demand or revenue management at work.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:14 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
The Sheraton was rennovated very recently and is the nicest LAX property, but it is also the loudest (closest to the runways). I generally prefer the Westin, but the Four Points isn't terrible and will go with that if it is a lot cheaper
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
What do you consider "low" priced or 'inexpensive"? Only you can determine that. Not trying to be combative, but have your looked at this ]thread or the individual property threads here? The reviews on TripAdvisor and FT will greatly differ.

The Four Points was a well run property, with a GM who was well respected and active here in the forum. He has now moved to be the GM at the Westin.

Ive stayed at The Sheraton a few times but have sworn it off, for 1 simple reason, the shuttle. AFAIK it stil is used for EZ-Way car rental so unless you get on at T-1 by the time it gets to TBIT its full. My last 2 times when it was approaching close to an hour waiting they finally told me to take a taxi on them
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by leemaj
The Sheraton was rennovated very recently and is the nicest LAX property, but it is also the loudest (closest to the runways). I generally prefer the Westin, but the Four Points isn't terrible and will go with that if it is a lot cheaper
Beautiful renovation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.