Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Washington, DC, area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Washington, DC, area

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
After my last two long stays at the JW, I am headed back next week for my first stay at the Mayflower. Kind of looking forward to it as I've heard good things about the property.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
After my last two long stays at the JW, I am headed back next week for my first stay at the Mayflower. Kind of looking forward to it as I've heard good things about the property.
Meh....
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:11 pm

Has anyone recently stayed at the Marriott Crystal City/Reagan National Airport location and can comment on the quality of its concierge lounge? Not to be confused with the Crystal Gateway Marriott or the Westin Crystal City.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ional-airport/

The hotel is undergoing extensive renovations presently, with only the concierge level rooms being completely finished.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:57 pm

The Mayflower does have one thing going for it... I get a lot of suite upgrades there.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Has anyone recently stayed at the Marriott Crystal City/Reagan National Airport location and can comment on the quality of its concierge lounge? Not to be confused with the Crystal Gateway Marriott or the Westin Crystal City.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ional-airport/

The hotel is undergoing extensive renovations presently, with only the concierge level rooms being completely finished.
I can confirm that the Marriott Crystal City is much worse than the Marriott Crystal Gateway. While the renovated rooms were nice and staff were friendly, there was no elite status recognition (Titanium) other than thanks, 2 bottles of water, and my welcome points. No offer of room upgrade, even to the concierge level, when a base room was booked. Also no mention of the concierge lounge being closed. Contrast with the Crystal Gateway which has consistently upgraded me to a Junior Suite and its M-Club, which has evening food 7 days a week and is always open.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:26 pm

I noticed some commentary earlier in the thread re: any good properties to see the fireworks...but I saw nothing conclusive. Any thoughts on properties where the fireworks may be viewed?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:41 am

I touched on this in the Marriott Marquis DC thread, but my ranking of Marriott hotels in DC region (with executive lounges!) are as follows, in order of best to worst;

1) Crystal Gateway Marriott; directly attached to Metro station with underground passageway, consistent suite upgrades, lounge has evening appetizers 7-days a week, one of best lounge breakfasts with omelette chef, renovated rooms, great water pressure
2) Georgetown Marriott; about 1/2 mile from nearest Metro, lounge has excellent evening appetizers (5-days a week) but poor desserts, very good breakfast (but no omelette chef), renovated rooms, exceptional water pressure
3) Marriott Marquis DC; about 3 blocks from nearest Metro, lounge has poor evening appetizers (5-days a week) but extensive dessert spread, average breakfast (no omelette chef), rooms not renovated but hotel is fairly new, poor water pressure
4) Crystal City Marriott at Reagan Airport; directly attached to Metro station with underground passageway, no room upgrades, one of the worst lounges, renovated rooms, decent water pressure
silverthief2, samosa, ryw and 1 others like this.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Sep 5, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Regarding the Crystal City Marriott — I get room upgrades more often than not, so this is clearly a YMMV situation. The evening lounge attendant ruins the entire lounge experience with her poor attitude, but the food is usually pretty good IMHO. It is usually designed to be “dinner” vs just appetizers, and understandably some don’t like that. The dessert selection is usually good, unlike many properties that serve cookies every single night. I don’t stop in for breakfast often, but they have had corned beef hash on occasion, which is a nice change of pace.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
QUESTION - booked suites at Residence Inn, on E St. Says parking is limited and only on first-come first-serve basis (garage).

1) Are there valet parking?
2) I am traveling with all of my family. Would it be easier to park at the front door and drop off luggage there and check-in first, or park at garage first and then drag the luggage from garage to lobby?
3) If the parking garage is full, which one around the property would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:35 am

No idea about valet. Generally best to drop off luggage and family to wait while you park then come back and check in. Regarding garages in the area, use Spot Hero or Parking Panda websites/apps.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Courtyard Bethesda Chevy Chase, MD.
I needed a last minute booking for 5 nights. All of DC hotels were high $$ or points, this hotel 17,500 per night, 5th night free for 70,0000. Hotel is 1 blocks from Red Line at Friendship Heights, 20-30 minute to metro center, so very convenient.
Rooms have been remodeled, but they are small. Large 55 inch TV, keurig machine, small fridge. No Titanium upgrade. I don't think courtyards have too much to offer anyways.
Large gym and outdoor pool. Remodeled lobby with restaurant. I received two $10 vouchers per day, I used for buffet breakfast that was $14.95. Starbucks coffee.
Overall a good redemption, hotel was perfectly fine.
Whole foods around the corner.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:01 am

Does anyone know what the SNA situation is at the JW? Property looks great and the price is right, I'm just trying to get rid of some of these SNAs.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I can confirm that the Marriott Crystal City is much worse than the Marriott Crystal Gateway. While the renovated rooms were nice and staff were friendly, there was no elite status recognition (Titanium) other than thanks, 2 bottles of water, and my welcome points. No offer of room upgrade, even to the concierge level, when a base room was booked. Also no mention of the concierge lounge being closed. Contrast with the Crystal Gateway which has consistently upgraded me to a Junior Suite and its M-Club, which has evening food 7 days a week and is always open.
This is funny to me because I have had the exact opposite experience personally. Crystal City has upgraded me to suites, never gotten a single thing from Crystal Gateway. In fact, I even had to fight them one time for a 4pm checkout. They were only going to offer me 2pm and wanted to charge for anything later.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is funny to me because I have had the exact opposite experience personally. Crystal City has upgraded me to suites, never gotten a single thing from Crystal Gateway. In fact, I even had to fight them one time for a 4pm checkout. They were only going to offer me 2pm and wanted to charge for anything later.
Agreed, though I like the M Club Lounge. The Gateway tends to have a lot of conferences and says no upgrades available.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
St Regis construction noise?

I've got a stay starting Sunday and just received an email warning of night time construction by utilities. Has anyone stayed there lately? Wondering how bad the noise is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.