Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
Branding/Name changed from Courtyard to Sheraton Kaua'i Coconut Beach Resort on 9 October 2019.

Property is Cat 6 as of 3/3/21.

Resort fee: USD$36.79 incl tax per accommodation, per night (effective 9 Oct 2019)
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):

*Beach loungers
* Fitness/yoga classes
* Sporting facilities or equipment
* Business center/computer access
* Phone calls (limited)
* Self parking for one vehicle
* Welcome amenities: free appetizer of either wings, firecracker shrimp, or shishito peppers
* Sanitizing Station consisting of UV wands and gallons of hand sanitizer

Platinums and higher get 1000 arrival points -or- $20 per person daily breakfast menu credit (up to 2 guests) in restaurant. 15% "service charge" is added.
Buffet still closed (Jul 2021)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2004, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, MR, AA

I read in December that Marriott is opening a Courtyard in Kauai near Kappa. Does anyone know when it will be open, or know what Marriott Rewards Category it will be? We are planning on staying at the Kauai Marriott again, but was just curious about this other option...

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2004, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Triple7
I read in December that Marriott is opening a Courtyard in Kauai near Kappa. Does anyone know when it will be open, or know what Marriott Rewards Category it will be? We are planning on staying at the Kauai Marriott again, but was just curious about this other option...

Thanks!
Sorry the only info I have available says "2004"
Old May 15, 2004, 9:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
According to the following article, the future Courtyard by Marriott is the current Coconut Beach Resort at Waipouli, Kauai.

http://articles.findarticles.com/p/a...9/ai_113378276

When I looked at the Coconut Beach Resort at an online booking site ( http://travel-hawaii.com/Kauai_Cocon...ch_Resort.html ), the site advised, "We do not currently offer the Kauai Coconut Beach Resort due to numerous customer complaints. Please try one of our other Kauai hotels via the links below." It sounds like the Coconut Beach Resort needs serious work!
Old May 15, 2004, 9:39 pm

Here's a more complete article (from Kauai World, December 7, 2003):

http://www.kauaiworld.com/articles/2...ness/bus02.txt

Last edited by Horace; May 16, 2004 at 7:54 am Reason: edited to correct the article date
Old May 16, 2004, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Triple7
near Kappa.
It's Kapaa.
Old May 20, 2004, 11:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Actually, its Kapa'a

Old May 21, 2004, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Mahalo
Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:17 pm

Courtyard Kauai Opening?

Does anyone know when the Courtyard by Marriott on Kauai will be booking under the Marriott umbrella. The best info I could find was that it would be sometime this summer. We are going to be on Kauai in May, 2005, and will need a couple of extra nights and was hoping to stay here.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:08 am

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold
I don't know if you are still looking for an answer to this question, but I ran across an ad in Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel Magazine (page 99) offering a rate of $139 for the Courtyard Kauai good through 12/20/04. They give an 800 number or tell you to call your travel agent.

I also just looked up the hotel on the Marriott website and picked random dates in June (after I thought it was supposed to be open) and they asked me to pick a different hotel on the island.

I hope this helps some. Maybe someone else knows more!

-dctravel
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:13 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
My sources tell me December 2004.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 8:30 am
Original Poster

They have an ad in this month's Hawaii magazine. I remember something about a $139 construction rate.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 3:10 pm

Kauai Courtyard

I just checked through Feb. 2005 and the hotel doesn't come up as yet.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Courtyard Marriott Kauai

I didn't have much luck with the 'pseudo search' on google.

I was wondering if anyone had any info on this CM. The Marriott website said it just opened in 2/05. I sounds like it is a reflag of some other hotel and has been just refurbished....so that seems to be a good sign. There are no pics on the website though I am sure the other Marriotts on Kauai are likely nicer...but way more than I would prefer to pay.

Anyone stayed there? Been by there? Any impressions would be appreciated.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:26 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
You may want to just do a regular google on it. I found the following:

"Courtyard by Marriott Kauai
Soft opening 1 September 2004 after extensive renovations. Construction expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2005"

"CONSTRUCTION ALERT:Construction Update as of January 06, 2005

The Courtyard by Marriott Kauai has completely renovated their guest rooms, lobby, public areas and pool area. In addition, the Luau Show and facilities have been upgraded. The last improvement will be to the main restaurant and lounge which they anticipate will be completed by mid-March 2005. The resort will provide a temporary restaurant on February 1, to offer a breakfast, lunch, and dinner dining option until the completion of the restaurant.

The hotel will be positioned as a strong 3-diamond hotel upon completion."

Links to pictures:

Arial view is none too inspiring unfortunately.

Picture of hotel room interior here.

Small picture of part of pool and view of ocean here.

Most thorough article I ran across here.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:26 am

It's the former Kauai Coconut Beach Resort. I never stayed there. But, a few years ago, I saw the luau there (good show, with emphasis on traditional hula, not tourist glitz) and I walked around the lobby and grounds (good location, but dated and unattractive).

See the reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ai_Hawaii.html

As I read the TripAdvisor reviews, it seems that the place had become dump, but that the new owners are doing a great job with the renovation. However, I assume there's a reason why it's a Courtyard, and not one of the higher end Marriott brands, so I wouldn't expect a luxury resort. But it seems like a good choice now, if the price is right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.