Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Points and stay credits for multiple rooms (new policy effective 30 Aug 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Points and stay credits for multiple rooms (new policy effective 30 Aug 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2023, 7:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by scotomata
As a side note, this means if I book two rooms both rooms get my Platinum benefits such as breakfast and lounge ?
This is the line in the OP's post that jumped out at me because that would be a significant (and significantly guest-friendly) change to the Bonvoy T&Cs.

I see no alternative but to ask iknowthings if this is indeed true and if there's any public document from Marriott that confirms this policy and can be waved at Bonvoy hotels. I strongly suspect that it's not true and this is merely a YMMV situation. But willing for my instinct to be wrong.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
This is the line in the OP's post that jumped out at me because that would be a significant (and significantly guest-friendly) change to the Bonvoy T&Cs.

I see no alternative but to ask iknowthings if this is indeed true and if there's any public document from Marriott that confirms this policy and can be waved at Bonvoy hotels. I strongly suspect that it's not true and this is merely a YMMV situation. But willing for my instinct to be wrong.
I think that the agent who wrote that email meant that the points "benefit" applied to all 3 rooms. I can tell from the writing that it was most likely one of the many, many agents that have English as a second language, so I'm sure it was just a poor choice of wording.

All actual Elite benefits still remain for the member and their room only.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by iknowthings
The exception cannot be proactively offered. You'll have to whine a little bit. (I'm being serious)
Got the extra points as a one time exception. Thank you very much for your help!
Mighty_Bluff and iknowthings like this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:46 pm

Could you than use the welcome gift for two breakfasts and use the lounge +1 for breakfast for the other two?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by scotomata
Could you than use the welcome gift for two breakfasts and use the lounge +1 for breakfast for the other two?
Properties with complimentary lounges do not offer breakfast as a Welcome Gift.

F&B credit (not the same as breakfast) is for you and one guest. Lounge access is for you and that same guest. Any deviation from this is at the hotel's discretion.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I’m super confused. I have an upcoming stay for two rooms. Same check in date but i’ll be staying an extra day longer (5 vs 6 nights) vs the other room under me. If i book the last night as a separate stay it’d still count as a single stay. Does this mean in order for me to get the points for both rooms i’d hav to move to another hotel for that final night?
Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:15 am

Properties with complimentary lounges do not offer breakfast as a Welcome Gift.
They do at Sheraton, Westin and Le Meridien brands.
SPN Lifer and hotelprof like this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
They do at Sheraton, Westin and Le Meridien brands.
You're right! In my experience, most of those lounges are closed, though, and those brands are also not required to provide an alternative. Very easy to forget about, my apologies.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Do not let hotels merge reservations (extend one, cancel the other) , or you will not receive multiple room credit.

The policy applies to all reservations that checked out on or after Aug 30, regardless of when they were booked/purchased.

A one-time exception can be granted up until the end of this month. After that, exceptions are disabled. (You didn't hear this from me)

​​​​​
Just found this thread.
Does it means when I book multiple rooms, I should pay each room bills separately and cannot transfer the amount to the 1st (mine) room?
Old Sep 23, 2023, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Just found this thread.
Does it means when I book multiple rooms, I should pay each room bills separately and cannot transfer the amount to the 1st (mine) room?
There has been no change to this, you can still pay for all rooms on one folio. You'll receive credit as long as the other criteria are met.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by mdbe
I’m super confused. I have an upcoming stay for two rooms. Same check in date but i’ll be staying an extra day longer (5 vs 6 nights) vs the other room under me. If i book the last night as a separate stay it’d still count as a single stay. Does this mean in order for me to get the points for both rooms i’d hav to move to another hotel for that final night?
Reached out to my ambassador. Multiple rooms need to have the same check in/check out dates. However, you can have a separate reservation following the multiple room stay immediately and this would have no issues earning the points.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by mdbe
Reached out to my ambassador. Multiple rooms need to have the same check in/check out dates. However, you can have a separate reservation following the multiple room stay immediately and this would have no issues earning the points.
It will be fun to find out if you receive two welcome bonuses (of 1000 or 500 points depending on the brand) in this scenario for the two reservations on your primary room. You've been instructed by your Ambassador to make back-to-back reservations to ensure the multiple room segment with aligned check-in and check-out posts correctly. But in this scenario, your subsequent stray night should not qualify for a second welcome bonus because it's a back-to-back reservation. Interesting to see how this posts. Let us know.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ftrichard
It will be fun to find out if you receive two welcome bonuses (of 1000 or 500 points depending on the brand) in this scenario for the two reservations on your primary room. You've been instructed by your Ambassador to make back-to-back reservations to ensure the multiple room segment with aligned check-in and check-out posts correctly. But in this scenario, your subsequent stray night should not qualify for a second welcome bonus because it's a back-to-back reservation. Interesting to see how this posts. Let us know.
I often make multiple back to back bookings for flexibility in case something changes and availability goes away. Marriott and/or hotels are very diligent to make sure that you don’t get more than the 1000 points you are entitled to.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:39 pm

Just had a two room stay last week. For the first time online folios for both reservations are linked with each other. If you click on one posting, you can see the other one too and only one promo and welcome gift posted.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
There has been no change to this, you can still pay for all rooms on one folio. You'll receive credit as long as the other criteria are met.
Great to know.
Most of the time this method is the best way to earn credit on both rooms.
Paying them separately usually end up I only receive points for one room only somehow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.