FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Flight Cancelled - Effects on Booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2052769-flight-cancelled-effects-booking.html)

loganre17 Sep 17, 2021 9:33 am

Flight Cancelled - Effects on Booking

Hi all,

I have a night booked at the W Fort Lauderdale.

Unfortunately, my flight has since been cancelled and I will miss the night entirely.

Here's the fun part: I booked this with a 40k Titanium certificate, so my insurance can't really help me out.

Does anyone know if Marriott would be understanding in this case?

LondonElite Sep 17, 2021 9:35 am

I suspect all you can do is ask nicely. They don’t have to do anything.

margarita girl Sep 17, 2021 10:35 am

Originally Posted by loganre17 (Post 33575470)
Hi all,

Unfortunately, my flight has since been cancelled and I will miss the night entirely.

Here's the fun part: I booked this with a 40k Titanium certificate, so my insurance can't really help me out.

Just happened to me 2 days ago. UA thought I would rather spend the night in NY than HNL. I sent a message to the hotel via Chat with an explanation and asked them to cancel the reservation They said no problem. (I took a screenshot of the chat.) I paid with a 35K cert, and it wasn't returned so I called CS the next day and they redeposited it into my account.

DELee Sep 17, 2021 12:00 pm

If they re unwilling to refund, you could ask to push to a future date.

David

gengar Sep 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by loganre17 (Post 33575470)
Hi all,

Call the hotel directly and explain. I've never had a hotel refuse a refund when airline irrops prevented me from arriving on time, even on nonrefundable bookings.

loganre17 Sep 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Props to the W Fort Lauderdale, the 40K certificate was refunded :)

rbAA Sep 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Even in more normal times (whatever those were,) I've found hotels to be understanding about flight cancellations. I've had many and a call to the hotel is usually all it takes. Seldom will you have to escalate it to the CS at the program, but that will also work.

Jon Maiman Sep 17, 2021 6:57 pm

+1

Whenever I have had a flight cancelled and would miss a hotel stay, a simple call to the hotel front desk has been sufficient to get my reservation cancelled (or modified for next day arrival and a shorter duration stay).

--Jon

DELee Sep 18, 2021 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman (Post 33576823)
+1

Whenever I have had a flight cancelled and would miss a hotel stay, a simple call to the hotel front desk has been sufficient to get my reservation cancelled (or modified for next day arrival and a shorter duration stay).

--Jon

Always good to call a property if either your flight got cancelled or you're going to be checking in late. Helps to avoid your room being given away needlessly.

David