FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Suites: Are They Still Around (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2025350-marriott-suites-they-still-around.html)

purplenightskylovertv Oct 1, 2020 5:30 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 32713296)
Perhaps Post # 36 and onward should be moved into a new thread, as they have nothing to do with Marriott Suites?

I would agree.

purplenightskylovertv Dec 7, 2020 3:28 pm

Hilton and Hyatt Regency also have properties that have Suites in their name. Of all the major downtown areas one can find them in, why Atlanta?

MSPeconomist Dec 7, 2020 6:28 pm

There are DoubleTree Suites (all suite properties), although the one in downtown Minneapolis was reflagged from an independent all-suite hotel, not purpose built for the brand.

born sleepy Dec 7, 2020 7:05 pm

The Atlanta Midtown Marriott Suites is a dull beige eyesore, but it's in a good location and had a good points rate.

cmd320 Dec 7, 2020 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 32869880)
The Atlanta Midtown Marriott Suites is a dull beige eyesore, but it's in a good location and had a good points rate.

I've stayed there before. Agree it's uninspired to say the least, but the rooms decent. Hopefully their housekeeping has improved though as last time I was there I found an old piece of bacon under the couch.

purplenightskylovertv Dec 7, 2020 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32869892)
I've stayed there before. Agree it's uninspired to say the least, but the rooms decent. Hopefully their housekeeping has improved though as last time I was there I found an old piece of bacon under the couch.

That's just stupid to find an old piece of bacon under the couch.

purplenightskylovertv Dec 7, 2020 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32869827)
There are DoubleTree Suites (all suite properties), although the one in downtown Minneapolis was reflagged from an independent all-suite hotel, not purpose built for the brand.

I didn't know Doubletree Suites was a conversion brand.

Horace Dec 7, 2020 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker (Post 32869970)
I didn't know Doubletree Suites was a conversion brand.

DoubleTree (not just DoubleTree Suites) is Hilton's conversion brand.

DoubleTree has been a business success for Hilton. Marriott International, seeing that success, began using the Delta Hotels brand (after its acquisition of the Canadian chain in 2015) as its conversion brand.

purplenightskylovertv Dec 15, 2020 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Horace (Post 32869989)
DoubleTree (not just DoubleTree Suites) is Hilton's conversion brand.

DoubleTree has been a business success for Hilton. Marriott International, seeing that success, began using the Delta Hotels brand (after its acquisition of the Canadian chain in 20i5) as its conversion brand.

Guess I learn something new everyday.

purplenightskylovertv Dec 27, 2020 8:34 am

DC also means Doubletree Conversion. I'm not just referring to Doubletree Club. I forgot Marriott Delta too.