Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Booked award pre-peak/nonpeak - repriced by Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Poster

I booked Sheraton Kauai on an award in June, before the peak/non peak pricing kicked in. I woke up this morning and received a confirmation email from them. It said thank you for booking with us. I thought that was a little weird, so logged online and checked my activity.

My 35k booking was cancelled and rebooked to a 40k booking. Has this happened to anyone?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
Yes I called rewards desk last week and they made an adjustment immediately in the form of a goodwill credit for 20k (5k 4 nights)
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Same thing just happened to me with an award stay at Al Maha which I booked at the sweet point of 240k. Cancelled snd rebooked for 400k! Ambassador services are looking into it.... Still out the points for now....
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Has anyone checked their account balance, are these transactions visible in the account, and has the initial booking been credited back to the account ?

in my case, several stays were rebooked at higher rates as others are posting, but the points of the initial booking were never credited back to my account (this is a separate error from the reservation being rebooked at the peak rate). None of this is visible under transactions, only the account balance changes.

i believe this is another major IT bug, and not everyone may have been realizing it. Customer service so far is not getting it, either.
Westcoaster likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just took screenshots of all my 60k Cat8 bookings in case this happens to me. I hope all of you can get a swift resolution.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have screen shots of all my bookings, as well as the original booking confirmation emails....with marriott i.t. i don't want to take a chance....
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:37 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by portfolioflyer
My 35k booking was cancelled and rebooked to a 40k booking. Has this happened to anyone?
If you haven't already got this resolved, I'd suggest reaching out to one of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurkers. They should be able to help you track down what happened, why, and how to fix it.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by IrishStephen
Same thing just happened to me with an award stay at Al Maha which I booked at the sweet point of 240k. Cancelled snd rebooked for 400k! Ambassador services are looking into it.... Still out the points for now....
I got points booking at Al Maha as well for Feb.
So far no issue. the rate is 255k points for 3 nights
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by portfolioflyer
I booked Sheraton Kauai on an award in June
The Courtyard rebranded, so there are now two Sheraton Kaua'is. I would confirm the hotel didn't jump too.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I got points booking at Al Maha as well for Feb.
So far no issue. the rate is 255k points for 3 nights
Just as a follow up, my Ambassador had to manually credit 160k back to my account as I had booked this at the very old rate. It seems the hotel just changed the room from a twin to a king and that kicked off the whole process. The reservation number stayed the same even though it said it was cancelled. Seems like a Marriott IT glitch to me.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Just to add to the beauty of this still developing story, one hotel for which the points for my stay had been deducted twice from my account had no record of an award reservation upon arrival and check in. I showed them the confirmation but no avail. So I ended up paying triple for my room, twice points for the same night, plus a cash rate at the hotel. Thank you Marriott !
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:49 pm

Well...I just looked at my Westin Hapuna one night reward stay in late November and had my rate changed as well. Booked at 35k points/night back in March, and now in my account, it's showing 50k points/night. Working with Marriott customer service to get it fixed. They indicated they would post 15k additional points to my account to cover the changed rate.

Last edited by ashejen; Oct 22, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by ashejen
Well...I just looked at my Westin Hapuna one night reward stay in late November and had my rate changed as well. Booked at 35k points/night back in March, and now in my account, it's showing 50k points/night. Working with Marriott customer service to get it fixed. They indicated they would post 15k additional points to my account to cover the changed rate.
Did they actually refund your original 35k and deduct 50k? Seems that the system was same from before that shows current rates instead of certificate rates.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:23 pm

Yes, they did.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
This made me look into my Reservation at the STR Punta Mita, which was booked prior to Peak and off-peak implementation, my reservation was 340K but it is now showing at 995K points. I have emailed my ambassador and will see what she says. But people should check their reservations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.