Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Most expensive Bonvoy hotel breakfast buffet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most expensive Bonvoy hotel breakfast buffet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
There are several references upthread to Euro pricing. Don't European hotels include tax/VAT and gratuity? With US pricing you still have to add sales tax and gratuity, which in the case of the $40 San Francisco buffet breakfast makes it closer to $48+.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
The breakfast at the St. Regis in the Maldives is 55 USD, Gritti Palace in Venice is 53 EUR.
although I wouldn’t have paid the €53 / head at gritti palace (I got it through status), it was a very very high quality breakfast. Zero complaints.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
The most elaborate was the Four Seasons Sydney at 46 AUD -- now for an American like myself, that was a more "reasonable" 32 (and I had the Amex FHR booking with it included), but for an Aussie on vacation it would be comparable to your post.

A Fine Hotels booking at Wynn Las Vegas gave us $35 or $40 per person for breakfast, which was just enough for the buffet.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
The most expensive breakfast buffet for me so far was at the Imperial Riding School in Vienna. It was 30.00 Euros per person and there were three of us. The hotel waived all 90 Euros per day for each day since I was Platinum Premier.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:21 pm

Y’all have not lived until you have had the $129 Brunch at the Ritz in Half Moon Bay.

Sunday Brunch in Navio
Every Sunday, with seatings starting at 12 p.m. (excluding holiday weekends)

Regularly hailed by guests as the best brunch in the Bay Area, Navio's Sunday Brunch offers an impressive selection of culinary delights, where there is something for every taste. Overlooking breathtaking ocean views, the open format brunch features a variety of cheese and charcuterie, seasonal salads, chilled soups, sushi, dim sum, caviar, breakfast favorites, carving stations, a raw oyster bar and additional specialty dishes.

$129 per guest; $64.50 per child ages five to 12. Children ages four and under are complimentary. Exclusive of tax and gratuity. Brunch reservations canceled on same day as the reservation will be charged the full price per guest. Please allow two hours to enjoy this brunch experience
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by eielef
I had that breakfast last year. It was worth each cent!

Few years ago, most hotels (if not all) included breakfast in the fare. Now they don't. What has gone wrong?
All hotels still offer rates that includes breakfast, though I suspect the uplift is quite close to the retail price of said breakfast, so it is probably just a matter of what you call it. I am guessing the change to more and more highlighting rates without breakfast is the same as adding checked luggage fees. It allowed the hotels to increase the revenue with a breakfast value for a lot of guests.

For business travellers, I think a lot have negotiated corporate rates that include the breakfast. So might as well just grab something from the buffet, as it is already paid for.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Free breakfast is hugely important. Most hotels I stay at I think are $30-$50 USD per person. I do about 150-200 nights in a hotel a year. My family is with me a good part of the time and almost every time my whole family comped.

PDG has expensive breakfast.

I reckon we save $15, 000 easily a year by getting free breakfast or almost $200, 000 USD since being loyal to SPG.

For me, I'd rather save the money and get another Bentley

I'm surprised at how some people don't think free breakfast is key. I guess they have expense accounts (I don't) or stay at $10 a night breakfast spots
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
To be fair, some of us just don’t eat breakfast
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
I've seen a few in the $30 range but outside a special holiday meal, or something with alcohol, I just can't see myself paying that much for a breakfast buffet, regardless of who's paying for it.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Y’all have not lived until you have had the $129 Brunch at the Ritz in Half Moon Bay.
We have a winner.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
If we’re talking brunches, Bangkok’s Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit’s Sunday Jazz Brunch at $135 full price including champagne (you can normally get it for a fair bit less) is one of the world’s most over the top eating experiences.

Sorry Vegas buffets, we’re talking chocolate fountains, bespoke cooked lobster and trays full of champagne glasses in a jazz club.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by christianj
True or going under the impression that business travelers are going to expense the buffet anyway so they can charge what they want.

Honestly when I first saw this thread pop up I thought.....Great now people are asking about where their elite breakfast benefit is getting them the biggest bang for the buck so they can book that hotel. We all like a free breakfast but the focus on it here on the hotel forums is beyond me. People seem to go to extremes to book hotels that provide free breakfast vs booking the best hotel or the best location.
Maybe everyone works for the government. I get $7 for breakfast. I can't even buy a bougie coffee and a pastry for that.
Thanks to government rate, I can stay at some surprisingly nice places (as well as a Fairfield Inn on the side of the freeway when lady luck doesn't go my way), but man I hate being out of pocket for anything for travel. Ego, I love me some free breakfast, particularly the buffets because some of my trips are 8-4 with no lunch breaks, so I got to eat for the day. (And no, I then cannot apply my lunch allowance to my breakfast bill because of course I can't).
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Free breakfast is hugely important. Most hotels I stay at I think are $30-$50 USD per person. I do about 150-200 nights in a hotel a year. My family is with me a good part of the time and almost every time my whole family comped.

PDG has expensive breakfast.

I reckon we save $15, 000 easily a year by getting free breakfast or almost $200, 000 USD since being loyal to SPG.

For me, I'd rather save the money and get another Bentley

I'm surprised at how some people don't think free breakfast is key. I guess they have expense accounts (I don't) or stay at $10 a night breakfast spots
My trip last December through Europe, I'd estimate conservatively that we saved about $2000 over 2 weeks on food and beverage by being Platinum Premier/Titanium. Between the free breakfast, beer, wine, soda, bottled water and evening snack (more like a full dinner) in the lounge, and fresh espresso and coffee.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
We paid 1,600 UAH for 2, about $62, at the 11 Mirrors in Kiev, a king's ransom compared to other restaurant prices in the city. We did eat there one morning... the lovely view and convenience helped offset the cost.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Most I have seen was £30 (or ~US$37) for the cooked or continental £24 (US$30) during a recent stay at Trump Turburry! I took breakfast as my elite welcome gift although they said on check in it was just continental but OH had something from the hot menu and we weren't charged anything extra. I have to say in defence of the charge, it was probably the freshest breakfast I have ever seen before, like the croissants and Danish pastries were just made.

Most Marriott properties are around £16.50 for the breakfast, so just about double the cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.