FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   FAQ : How long for points to post ? / Points not posting (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1971301-faq-how-long-points-post-points-not-posting.html)

krayzeemike May 25, 2019 5:42 pm

FAQ : How long for points to post ? / Points not posting

I'm curious if I'm just the special one here but every single time I travel for work and stay at a marriott, my points/stays never post and I have to submit a missing stay form. Normally this is fine because it's not a huge process but I figure I've lost out on 10k points since I never do housekeeping and opt for the points.

myperks May 25, 2019 5:43 pm

CPRich May 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by krayzeemike (Post 31138664)
I'm curious if I'm just the special one here

If you've never had any Marriott stays ever post, then I'd say your experience is unique here.

I've had maybe two over the 1500+ nights, probably 500 stays, I've accumulated.

Have you checked your email address/asked to understand what it happening. I'd wager on an underlying issue over every single property singling you out.

emma dog Jun 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Why do points take so long to post?

Title says it all... 3-14 days is so crazy when other travel companies manage to credit so quickly.

BRITINJAPAN4 Jun 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by emma dog (Post 31224094)
Title says it all... 3-14 days is so crazy when other travel companies manage to credit so quickly.

I get 1 day to 14 days, I guess from the inconsistency each hotel must have to input manually, so do very fast and some very slow.

It surely cannot be a system issue , can it ?

cfischer Jun 21, 2019 6:23 am

at least right now they do seem to credit and no more add.stay nonsense is needed. Honestly, sure, it could be faster, but the 1-10 days it takes for my stays to post .... I am fine with that. I'll take slower posting of correct earnings over fast posting of nonsense.

khabah Jun 21, 2019 6:52 am

I remember an article from a while ago where Arne Sorenson said Marriott was transitioning to a new tech system where points and activity would post in a 24-hour window from checkout, and other reservations-related features such as viewing hotel floor plans and selecting your room à la Hilton were going to be offered. During my years as an SPG member where I only had to fill one missing stay form in and having to fill countless ones in since the first SPG/MR program merger, I've actually had points post in under two days for a few months and it's been excellent - correct points and all extremely timely. Dare I say it - after all the shenanigans, they're slowly and surely getting their poop in a group.

khabah

Antarius Jun 21, 2019 7:21 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4 (Post 31224163)
I get 1 day to 14 days, I guess from the inconsistency each hotel must have to input manually, so do very fast and some very slow.

It surely cannot be a system issue , can it ?

the IT system has the check out date, the rate type booked, the status, the cost breakdown etc. The only human variables are MAGC.

So, if someone needs to enter this despite all the information being there, it may not be a bug, but its definitely a system issue.

emma dog Jun 21, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 31225355)
Dare I say it - after all the shenanigans, they're slowly and surely getting their poop in a group.

khabah

Ironically, my stays are going the other direction. A stay in May took >3 weeks and I filled out a missing stay request. I just stayed at a San Juan Courtyard and checked out 7 days ago and it still isn't posted.

jrich7970 Jun 21, 2019 7:42 am

So, two weeks ago I was at the Reni Arlington, and it took 8 days for my points to post. Then, last week I was at Reni Arlington, it took two days for my points to post.

So, who knows.....

No matter where I stay, it never seems to make sense.

Antarius Jun 21, 2019 8:11 am

Originally Posted by emma dog (Post 31225444)
Ironically, my stays are going the other direction. A stay in May took >3 weeks and I filled out a missing stay request. I just stayed at a San Juan Courtyard and checked out 7 days ago and it still isn't posted.

By and large, for me, stays and points are posting correctly and in a timely fashion. I do have one that is still pending 8 days later, however. It definitely has improved since earlier this year when it was bonafide chaos.

My sample size - 46 stays, 147 nights, 7 countries.

uscgto Jun 21, 2019 9:02 am

I have been lucky.

Out of the 35 plus stays this year between Marriott and Hilton. The most it has taken was 5 days for Marriott - once. Normally its on Day 3. Hilton has been very consistent with end of 2 days at the latest.

At one point in time, i had my points posted by Marriott the same day. I happened to have called the customer service the day I checked out for another reservation "issue" and just mentioned my previous stay and she managed to post points as soon as I emailed a copy of the folio. Within 10 minutes or so. updated on app.

TerryK Jun 21, 2019 9:15 am

I have noticed a gradual improvement in stay/point posting. My stays has been posting within 1-3 days for the past few weeks. Let's hope Bonvoy keeps up.:)

damon88 Jun 21, 2019 9:21 am

They were slow for awhile but now seem to post within 48 hours, including promotions-

TechnoTourist Jun 21, 2019 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 31225411)
the IT system has the check out date, the rate type booked, the status, the cost breakdown etc. The only human variables are MAGC.

Plus any points for F&B at the bar/lounge/restaurant/pantry and other services such as spa, massage, etc.