Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Next Bonvoy global promotion after 4 June 2019 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next Bonvoy global promotion after 4 June 2019 ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're missing my point: You said that MR sells points to anyone WITH money. My response is that it's generally people WITH LESS MONEY who are the ones buying points, not the ones with more money. Relatively poor people buy points, while rich people don't need to do so and probably won't bother.
My guess is quite a lot of Marriott customers are price-sensitive. If I can get a room cheaper by buying points, I will do it. There is no reason for me to pay more to enjoy the same.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
there are different ways of looking at value and worth, but typically it's how much someone is willing to pay for something.
this can be affected by the means with which they do this - currency, points, etc.
however, not everyone sees value in the same way, and not everyone's circumstances are the same.
what you've written seems to imply that value cannot be defined in terms of convenience, preference, and that variance in approach does not exist amongst customers.
hotels would typically have higher prices that increases nearer the date of stay.
as a loyal customer, i would be incentivised to stay by the convenience of booking points nearer the time as the points price of the stay may be less than the cash price. if i couldn't find value in the points price, then maybe my loyalty is not worth that much and i would just stay somewhere else.. similarly, if i was staying for business, the price wouldn't matter so much. in each case, the hotel would benefit by having a good price points deal and high rack rate.

From what you described, you are not looking for quality? Your choice is based on whether you can get a bargain. With more people buying more points cheaply, you are guaranteed to find less availability, so you move your loyalty away because points can be bought cheaply. Isn’t that what I said?

Also if you want to buy large amount of points with money, there isn’t much loyalty to speak of, right? Or you simply bought points, because they look good, no intention of using them?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Alright folks we’ve gotten too off topic...

I speculate that the next promo will be that you have to post when you got screwed by someone or something and use the hashtag #Bonvoyed to get 500 points after your second post during the promo period.

Oh oh and the catch is that the points will never post.
UA-NYC and Jiatong like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by escape4
I would trade you some of your spend dollars for some of my night credits
Maybe Marriott should make this as a feature for their Amb tier! ... exchange $ credit to night credit to another member (non related)

That would be very interesting feature for some
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
I actually have seen the next promo, after you book you spin the wheel and get the prize you land on or a free spin, you must take the prize no exceptions and all hotels are participating here it is:

sdsearch, newshound and dimon84 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Maybe Marriott should make this as a feature for their Amb tier! ... exchange $ credit to night credit to another member (non related)

That would be very interesting feature for some
I wonder what the going "market rate" would be on that!
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by uscgto
Hello guys
I was wondering what could I expect from Marriott as regards potential upcoming promotion......
There is NO doubt that if the next promo would be a free lobster and champagne dinner with chocolate layer cake for dessert, there would still be complaints.
The chronic whiners and malcontents that knock the Bonvoy Rewards program at every turn would rush to their computer keyboards to criticize the size of the lobster, the vintage of the champagne, or the number of layers in the cake....... then after all of the huffing and puffing, threaten to leave the program - which they never do.
It's become all too predictable and comical....

Newman
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Newman
then after all of the huffing and puffing, threaten to leave the program - which they never do.
I agree with a lot of what you say, except that this time a non-negligible number of FTers have pulled the trigger and have not had a paid stay at Marriott properties for many months. So it has not just been talk this time around, there have been actions taken.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by escape4
a non-negligible number of FTers have pulled the trigger and have not had a paid stay at Marriott properties for many months.
Non-negligible to whom? It's a drop in the bucket, and I doubt that Marriott has even noticed.
Newman likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Bonvoy have 120 million members .....
Assuming (very random assumption) that only 10% of these numbers are active members .... the number still clocked 12 millions members

If there are 120 thousand members say Bonvoyed to Bonvoy, that only 1% of assumed active members .

Would be interesting to know the actual structure of Bonvoy

How many members - active members - silver - gold - platinums - titaniums - ambassadors out there
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Newman
It's become all too predictable
As is the over-repetition of the ‘whiners and malcontents’ theme across numerous threads.

Let’s focus on discussing the next promotion, not taking potshots at the character of the forum. @:-)
UA-NYC and Voodoo Daddy like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
As is the over-repetition of the ‘whiners and malcontents’ theme across numerous threads.

Let’s focus on discussing the next promotion, not taking potshots at the character of the forum. @:-)
+1

I am thinking either Marriott will extend the present promotion.

Or

Introduce something more in-line with the summer travel. Possibly stay based instead of night based.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:35 am

My guess :
Global promotions will be something related to points ...... triple points on select locations ... or n times point after n stays
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uscgto
I am thinking either Marriott will extend the present promotion.
That's unthinkable (for them). That way they'd be giving you double points for your first stay in the extended period.

Obviously, what they'd rather do is stop this promo and start a new identical promo, so that they can have yet another "first" stay on which you don't get double points.

But I hope Marriott doesn't do what US Bank gave me for a promo on my Biz Radisson card: It was spend $5000, then only after that, get double the normal points for some limited time. I'd hate to see Marriott go from no double points on the first stay, to no double point until starting with your 15th night during the promo period, or something like that. Ie, the most feeble promo earnings with the most serious promo restrictions on earning.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Non-negligible to whom? It's a drop in the bucket, and I doubt that Marriott has even noticed.
Well among other things, non-negligible according to what Hilton says about the number of new guests / members from other hotel chains (= Marriott)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.