Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Renaissance in the World -- what are your favorites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Renaissance in the World -- what are your favorites?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Double Tree is a conversion brand, akin to Delta for Marriott. Renaissance isn't. Big difference in terms of brand positioning.

Renaissance also has legit 5-star properties. I can't imagine there are any independently rated 5-star Double Tree properties.
For many years, Marriott treated Renaissance as its "other" full-service brand. Renaissance played the role that's now played by Delta Hotels (conversion brand), Autograph Collection (hotels with their own distinct identity), JW Marriott (near-luxury hotels), or new hotels in markets already served by a full-service Marriott Hotel.

With the launch/acquisition of new Marriott brands and the acquisition of Starwood, Marriott now so many full-service brand that Renaissance can become a much better defined brand.

Some Renaissance Hotels have rebranded. The Mayflower in DC and the Blackstone in Chicago come to mind. But there seems to be many owners whose Renaissance hotels have well-established identities, so they see no need to rebrand.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Horace
Some Renaissance Hotels have rebranded. The Mayflower in DC and the Blackstone in Chicago come to mind. But there seems to be many owners whose Renaissance hotels have well-established identities, so they see no need to rebrand.
The Mayflower was a legacy Stouffer property, but it dropped the Renaissance branding in 2015, from what I read, because studies seemed to show that millennials prefer unbranded hotels with their own individual identity, unlike their parents and grandparents, who preferred the consistency ensured by a chain name:

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...and-image.html
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by James Luckard
The Mayflower was a legacy Stouffer property, but it dropped the Renaissance branding in 2015, from what I read, because studies seemed to show that millennials prefer unbranded hotels with their own individual identity, unlike their parents and grandparents, who preferred the consistency ensured by a chain name:

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...and-image.html
The reflagging also followed a renovation. Mayflower's style just isn't Renaissance.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Gold
Paris Republique

I've stayed at Renaissance Paris Republique multiple times and it is my favorite as a Bonvoy Platinum. Best food, upgrade to huge rooms, genuine welcome gift plus free breakfast. The decor is brand new and exactly what I would love to have in my own house. I stayed at Renaissance Paris Vendome once and the neighborhood is nice but the room was tiny and service just ok. No welcome gift, they had no clue about the breakfast.

I will stay at the Renaissance Paris Republique next time I am in Paris. I enjoy the Marais.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:11 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Ren Bali was quite nice but still some minor issues. Ren Montreal was pretty great too. Still exploring looking for a true standout but those are pretty darn good.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:39 pm

I recently stayed with my family in the Renaissance Amsterdam (Netherland).

Positive:
+ Location direct in the city center (you can reach everything without a car) as well the train station is just a few steps away.
+ We got a room to the Courtyard that was very quite (I think it might be different when room facing the small street)

Negative:
- Very overloaded Club Lounge when Cruise Ships arriving (or leaving)
- Service and offer in the Club Lounge was not best
- Rooms are a little bit outdated but still okay; Club Lounge makes a very old impression (carpet; seats ...)

Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Renaissance KL

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
It looks like it has been.
Service is still very Bad there! Breakfast has too many people as Guests and not enough employees! Rooms are still Dilapidated !
Old Sep 21, 2019, 6:45 am

I’d like to just say that although there’s a lot of bashing’s of airport Renaissance hotels in this thread, I genuinely appreciate the STL one. That airport is particularly bad for finding a decent airport hotel, and I stay in that area quite frequently. The STL Renaissance is one of the few properties in the area that I like.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
My favorites
fira Barcelona. Unique rooms especially the windows and the atrium from lobby to top floors is insanely interesting but not for those prone to a fear of heights. Buffet breakfast is one of the best ive had

st pancreas. My one time here I was upgraded to chambers suite so I’m probably spoiled and future stays won’t compare but man that suite was awesome

nyc midtown. I love the rooms although the lounge breakfast is pathetic. Elevators drive me nuts but the rooms make up for it

my do not stay list
renaissance lhr
TheFlyingKangaroo likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider

Renaissance also has legit 5-star properties. I can't imagine there are any independently rated 5-star Double Tree properties.
Doha. Albeit very much the exception to the rule!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Izmir

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Doha. Albeit very much the exception to the rule!
Renaissance Izmir is another nice one,I like to stay there on every Trip to Turkey! Great Breakfast selections and Service!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Renaissance Imperial Riding School Vienna
I love this hotel for the interior old style design, beautiful rooms (I had Club room and they are very large), a separated exclusive wing just for Club guests, with a big Club Lounge.
Very good location in Vienna and kind staff!
+1. Have stayed here loyally for 18 years and the standards have remained high. Great lounge, free coffee in the lobby for all every morning, nice new club rooms in own building where lounge is located, and easy ride from airport on the S7 train. Staff are also very responsive and helpful. Property is historic, as main building dates back to 19th Century and did once house the Imperial Horse Riding School!
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:39 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
It looks like it has been.
Great news as I'm staying there tomorrow for a night. Suite UPG went thru as well, so opefully it will be enjoyable.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:01 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by TRANSWORLDMARINE
Service is still very Bad there! Breakfast has too many people as Guests and not enough employees! Rooms are still Dilapidated !
Actually, I'm here at the Ren in KL now and haven't seen anything like that. The room (SNA cleared) is great, very upscale and my friend who always stays at the GH was impressed with the room quality. Nice to have the second bathroom too. The lounge wasn't crowded, but the food selection definitely didn't compare to the GH offerings. Front desk staff are helpful and friendly, though kept trying to take my roller board, so maybe not too busy. The pool is great. The breakfast I had in the restaurant on the ground floor was good, nice selection with some Malay dishes and western foods. I had great service, but it wasn't very busy, so there were many staff members running around, assisting guests. And, the location is fine, right across the street for a monorail stop. I like the KLCC area, but this is close and easy to get around.

Last edited by rbAA; Sep 26, 2019 at 7:40 pm
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:04 am

Ren hotel which I am fond of:
1. Barcelona Fira
2. Ren Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.