Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Hotels/Uber Promo

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 2:05 pm
ymx
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Renaissance Hotels/Uber Promo

Just received an email from Uber with the subject line: XXX, a $20 ride voucher, while supplies last"

Not sure if this is a coincidence, or if I was specifically targetted because I have a stay starting tomorrow at a Rennaissance Hotel in NYC. I suspect it's targeted since the valid dates in the small print of the email say 5/16-5/19, but once I applied the voucher to my account the valid dates are 5/20-5/23.

Here's the body of the email:

DISCOVER THIS WAY with Renaissance Hotels
XXX, Renaissance Hotels invites you to celebrate their Global Day of Discovery by uncovering the unexpected and experiencing the new with a $20 Uber voucher 
to inspire your journey.
$20 ride voucher
Vouchers are limited, offered on a first-come first-served basis, and redeemable in the app.*
Redeem today
Dare to go beyond the guidebook
Visit any of the Renaissance Hotels across the globe to speak with an on-site Navigator who can recommend local hidden gems and hand-picked discoveries for you to explore.
*Limited availability. No cash value. One-time use only. Maximum discount of $20 off per Uber trip. To redeem discount, your Uber voucher code must be applied to Payment section of the Uber app prior to requesting your ride. Uber voucher valid May 16, 2019 at 9:00am PST through May 19, 2019 at 11:45pm PST. Uber voucher does not apply to tips. Offer is non-transferable and subject to change or cancellation. Marriott assumes no liability for the offers or products provided by Uber or Uber’s independent contractors who have no affiliation with Marriott
Old May 20, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
I received the offer as well, but I have no planned stay at a Renaissance
Old May 20, 2019, 2:32 pm
cnk

I got the email too with no Renaissance stays booked. But there isn't a clickable link in the email I got so I have no idea how to get the voucher. The box saying "Redeem today -->" isn't a link.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:38 pm
ymx
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by cnk
I got the email too with no Renaissance stays booked. But there isn't a clickable link in the email I got so I have no idea how to get the voucher. The box saying "Redeem today -->" isn't a link.
Mine wasn't clickable either, but I was able to workaround it by copying the link by doing a soft press on my iPhone of the "Redeem today" button, then selecting "Copy" and then pasting it into Safari. It begins with r.uber.com/xxxxx.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:36 pm

I have an upcoming Renaissance stay tomorrow but no email from uber.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:45 am
cnk

Originally Posted by ymx
Mine wasn't clickable either, but I was able to workaround it by copying the link by doing a soft press on my iPhone of the "Redeem today" button, then selecting "Copy" and then pasting it into Safari. It begins with r.uber.com/xxxxx.
I had to view the HTML and found the link in there. When I used the link I was told that all the vouchers have been claimed. Given how much of a pain it was to actually find the link I'm surprised they ran out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.