Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott hotels that participate in loyalty program in addition to Bonvoy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott hotels that participate in loyalty program in addition to Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The person who has the first check-in.
Also, the person with the shortest stay (eg. 1 night stay vs. 2 night stay).
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The person who has the first check-in.
I hear this a lot on the forum, but this is obviously not how it works for anything other than the limited service (and lower end full service hotels) in the US. I’ll usually have some kind of note or gift awaiting me in the room which demonstrates that it was pre-selected...
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite for Life, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Russia - Exclusive Collection

Greetings from Russia! I am a loyal (ex SPG Plat) Titanium Bonvoy member spending two weeks here, staying at the Hotel National in Moscow and a Marriott in another city. I just received a strange email (see attached). The franchise holder seems to have their own loyalty scheme that transcends multiple brands. Below is a (google) translation of the email. This seems very, very bizarre to me, I wonder what Marriott's official line about this would be? Maybe a Marriott lurker will elect to take this further.
-----
Dear BEDASAKA, hello!

We will be glad to place in your name a VIP card The Exclusive Collection, which provides privileges in 13 hotels of the world name: Marriott, Hilton, Renaissance and Holiday Inn. For you there are 7 hotels in Moscow, a hotel in Sochi (Krasnaya Polyana), Volgograd, Minsk, Astana, St. Petersburg and Yerevan (Armenia).

Please write me when I can contact you on the issue of issuing a card and by what number?

-----

Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
This is very weird, but not unheard of. I raised this issue a few weeks ago. See here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...an-bonvoy.html

Perhaps the moderator can merge this thread into the existing thread.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It reminds me of the situation with Prince Hotels (mostly in Japan).
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Looks quite common.
Usually these membership wont change the eligibility of a eligible stays to credit their stay to the actual brands respective loyalty program.

I believe Four Seasons Bali have similar program that valid for both Sayan and Jimbaran property.
Also, Kempinski Jakarta have similar program that valid only at Kempinski Jakarta. The stay booked under this is still eligible for night credit at Kempinsky's own Discovery program.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Looks quite common.
Usually these membership wont change the eligibility of a eligible stays to credit their stay to the actual brands respective loyalty program.

I believe Four Seasons Bali have similar program that valid for both Sayan and Jimbaran property.
Also, Kempinski Jakarta have similar program that valid only at Kempinski Jakarta. The stay booked under this is still eligible for night credit at Kempinsky's own Discovery program.
It's something different because it includes Hilton and IHG properties.

I've seen a couple of franchise agreements between Marriott and hotel owners and they give Marriott exclusivity. I'm not sure how a secondary marketing program that includes competing brands gives Marriott exclusivity.

It's one thing if it's a non-branded independent hotel that is also tied in with a Marriott-branded hotel. It's something else when a local program includes competing brands.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by daniellam
Also, the person with the shortest stay (eg. 1 night stay vs. 2 night stay).
This isn't in the T&C, although the requirement that the suite be available for the entire stay does play a role.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:59 am

All Luxury Collection properties in India are ITC Hotels. They offer their own loyality program, Club ITC, and participate in Bonvoy.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomasito
All Luxury Collection properties in India are ITC Hotels. They offer their own loyality program, Club ITC, and participate in Bonvoy.
Luxury Collection, Tribute Portfolio and Autograph Collection are soft brands and are almost exclusively independent hotels, not managed by Marriott.

I'm sure the agreements involving these brands are looser than say a property branded under Marriott or Renaissance. I believe one of the key components of the agreement is that these properties cannot be booked through another brand or program's booking channels.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
What's the difference between this and, for example, a Kempinski also being part of Leading Hotels of the World?

Or, closer to home, a Design Hotel that's opted into Marriott also being a member of, er, Design Hotels?

These are just marketing programmes to push room sales at independently-owned and managed hotels including Marriott's programmes branded Autograph, Design, Tribute Portfolio, Luxury Collection etc.

As for which guest gets priority, well, I'm always super nice and smiley to the front desk when I arrive somewhere rather than rock up with an entitled DYKWIA scowl on my face. I think this, along with revenue and previous stay history, will have more influence on your treatment.
Design hotels often have better rates on their own website because the Starriott website seems to offer only a standard rate, not AAA/senior/government/etc. and not various special offers or package rates. Nevertheless you must book through Starriott to earn nights and points.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
It's something different because it includes Hilton and IHG properties.

I've seen a couple of franchise agreements between Marriott and hotel owners and they give Marriott exclusivity. I'm not sure how a secondary marketing program that includes competing brands gives Marriott exclusivity.

It's one thing if it's a non-branded independent hotel that is also tied in with a Marriott-branded hotel. It's something else when a local program includes competing brands.
Perhaps things work differently in Russia and Marriott had to adjust their contract in order to do business there? Not everything you see in the US/North America applies to the rest of the world!

Some countries may even require foreign companies to have local partners who have majority control (and say on how things are run) in order to do business there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.