Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Cheshunt Marriott - Broxbourne, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Category 3. No exec lounge; full breakfast in restaurant. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...arriott-hotel/

"Enjoy the best of both worlds at the 4-star Cheshunt Marriott Hotel. We welcome you with a tranquil location in rural Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, yet we are adjacent to the M25 motorway and the fast train, allowing easy access to central London....Many of our hotel rooms offer views of the garden....maintain your fitness in our on-site gym. Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our hotel restaurant, serves light bites, hearty meals and an excellent Sunday lunch, as well as cocktails and a delicious afternoon tea. If Our convenient location in Hertfordshire places you near Enfield, Paradise Wildlife Park, Hatfield House and more. Cheshunt Marriott is conveniently located in Hertfordshire. Just 16 miles north of Central London, minutes from J25 on the M25 motorway, with easy access to the A1 and M11 motorways and only 30 minutes from Stansted Airport."
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Not a new Marriott, this one! It’s been a Marriott now for about 20 years! It’s a straightforward out-of-Town Marriott next to a giant 24-hour Tesco. Clean and well kept it is very much brand standard.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Know it's not new, but I was looking at some UK properties on MAR website & thought could start threads for some of the full-service (on either SPG or MAR side) properties we don't have threads on (both the more fun ones as well as some pedestrian ones), so if someone does need to stay at them, they can get input. Not sure I'll do them all, but since this was touting easy access to London (at the same time it mentioned the rural area LOL) thought I'd include it. Thanks for the additional info.

Cheers.
BrightlyBob likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I did wonder as I’ve seen you do these for new properties. Oh, and by the way, it’s Cheshunt Marriott, not Chestnut!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I did wonder as I’ve seen you do these for new properties. Oh, and by the way, it’s Cheshunt Marriott, not Chestnut!
Blonde moment re: spelling. I'll get a mod to correct it. And yes I do focus more on new properties., although sometimes when I work on updating exec lounge sticky & there's not a property I'll start a thread, such as this one. Blame it on a slow Saturday night (and no I don't intend to do it for all of them). This sounds like a typical suburban Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Silver,Hilton Diamond
Marriott Cheshunt closed?

I have stayed at Marriott Cheshunt many times and I want to stay there in July and August. I have tried many dates up to a year in advance and it shows no availability, has the hotel closed and is it permanent?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by RichieT
I have stayed at Marriott Cheshunt many times and I want to stay there in July and August. I have tried many dates up to a year in advance and it shows no availability, has the hotel closed and is it permanent?
On Marriott.com, Cheshunt Marriott Hotel in Broxbourne, UK, shows availability from January 1, 2022, through April 8, 2022.

No idea what the story is in 2021, or if reservations for 2022 will actually be honored.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Looks like this is rebranding to a Delta in June; both Marriott and Delta coming up on searches at the moment with the same address.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here after the conversion to Delta: the refurbished rooms were great, and although the location is a bit awkward (especially without a car) it was a good stay for us as we had a wedding nearby. I thought breakfast was especially good, above other similar Delta/Marriott hotels I've stayed in the UK.

Unfortunately this hotel is now no longer bookable or listed on the Marriott website as it is used for temporary housing for asylum seekers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.