FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates w/ Enhanced Benefits & Experiences in Asia Pacific (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1957642-marriott-bonvoy-celebrates-w-enhanced-benefits-experiences-asia-pacific.html)

hockeyinsider Mar 4, 2019 5:49 am

Originally Posted by danno95 (Post 30845331)
The who lost lounge access question is me for example. I was Marriott Gold Elite with 25 + nights a year which allowed me lounge access. Yes I was made a Platinum Elite (last August) until Feb. 28th, 2019 which is now over. I am now downgraded to Gold Elite again (as I did not make 50 nights in 2018) so I no longer have lounge access. I am one of many I assume that with Marriott Rewards had lounge access but starting Mar. 1st., 2019 we are the people you are asking about when you say " Who lost lounge access". I did.

I'm sorry, but you don't deserve lounge access at 25 nights per night. If you really want it then pay for a room with lounge access or stay more nights.

Oxon Flyer Mar 4, 2019 6:42 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30845491)
I'm sorry, but you don't deserve lounge access at 25 nights per night. If you really want it then pay for a room with lounge access or stay more nights.

Beware telling forum folk that they don't deserve something.

In this instance, it's disingenuous to the many former-SPG members on the forum who, for many years, had a lounge-access elite level that they could earn by having 25 1-night stays.

@:-)

hockeyinsider Mar 4, 2019 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 30845651)
Beware telling forum folk that they don't deserve something.

In this instance, it's disingenuous to the many former-SPG members on the forum who, for many years, had a lounge-access elite level that they could earn by having 25 1-night stays.

@:-)

She or he said they were a legacy Marriott gold, not legacy SPG.

Kacee Mar 4, 2019 4:45 pm

Back to thread topic, I once again did not receive points on spa spend on most recent SGS stay. Can't tell if I did at St. Regis BKK, as the stay hasn't posted :rolleyes: I'll be following up.

danno95 Mar 5, 2019 12:14 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30845491)

I appreciate your response however it was good enough for Marriott over the last 10 years (25 nights for Gold Elite which granted lounge access) and it was good enough for many SPG members as someone else posted. I am simply responding to the question of who lost lounge access. If my employer paid for 50+ nights a year in a hotel then I probably would stay more nights however being self-employed 50 is a big reach (from the 25-35 a year I have managed in the past). With the Bonvoy credit card offering 15 Elite night credits, and free stays counting as an Elite night it may be possible. Thank you for the challenge Marriott :)

Kacee Mar 5, 2019 12:41 am

Originally Posted by danno95 (Post 30849242)
I appreciate your response however it was good enough for Marriott over the last 10 years (25 nights for Gold Elite which granted lounge access)

Prior to Aug. 18, 2018, Marriott Gold required 50 nights per year. You must be thinking of a different program.

SkiAdcock Mar 5, 2019 11:28 am

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy (Post 30812663)
That's extremely disappointing for us European members, since with SPG we enjoyed points for dining (without a stay) and discounts at fine restaurants.
I hope they are going to expand this benefit worldwide ASAP.

Take this w/ a grain of salt, but I know someone who was talking to management & they indicated it will expand beyond Asia, but which countries/region & specific timeline hadn't been determined yet. Hopefully within the next year.

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 30845292)
And why does it only start on March 25?

Does the why really matter? They've provided the start date.

Originally Posted by danno95 (Post 30845331)
The who lost lounge access question is me for example. I was Marriott Gold Elite with 25 + nights a year which allowed me lounge access. Yes I was made a Platinum Elite (last August) until Feb. 28th, 2019 which is now over. I am now downgraded to Gold Elite again (as I did not make 50 nights in 2018) so I no longer have lounge access. I am one of many I assume that with Marriott Rewards had lounge access but starting Mar. 1st., 2019 we are the people you are asking about when you say " Who lost lounge access". I did.

It sounds like you were SPG Gold who got matched to MAR Gold/Plat & didn't requalify for Plat. So you temporarily had access to exec lounge, which you didn't have previously w/ SPG. That you didn't requalify doesn't make it a fail on MAR's part. But the sidetrack w/ lounge access doesn't really pertain to the thread topic.

Originally Posted by CXYYZ (Post 30812760)
Also, it looks pretty stingy on Marriott’s part that tier bonus points don’t apply for non-staying guests.

Better than nothing but this doesn’t wow me

Since previously MAR (unlike SPG) didn't provide points for spend when non staying at a property, whether it be for restaurant or spa, I'll take what I can get. And I would imagine for those with children, the breakfast benefit is of value.

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 30845651)

I agree the deserved comment made above was unnecessary. But I'm confused. I thought SPG Golds did not have access to the exec lounge under the SPG program & it was something SPG Golds got temporarily when they were able to link their accounts w/ MAR, which then gave them MAR Gold/(then Plat) & exec lounge access temporarily (temporarily being if they didn't requalify for Plat; if they did, then they still get lounge access).

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30848098)
Back to thread topic, I once again did not receive points on spa spend on most recent SGS stay. Can't tell if I did at St. Regis BKK, as the stay hasn't posted :rolleyes: I'll be following up.

Definitely follow up. Perhaps it's because the spa aspect is new & the restaurant part had been in place previously?

Cheers.

jtfu Mar 6, 2019 10:24 am

Does anyone know what the "enhanced spa services" entail? Or are they up to the discretion of the hotel... similar to room upgrades?

exploreaswego Mar 6, 2019 11:12 am

Didn't realize there was a dedicated thread here for this promotion. I just posted the official link in one of the Maldives properties. This is great value/savings for folk staying at secluded destination resorts like the Maldives where you have no choice but to dine in the hotel's restaurant. I'll take 20% and 10x points any day!

Originally Posted by jtfu (Post 30854935)
Does anyone know what the "enhanced spa services" entail? Or are they up to the discretion of the hotel... similar to room upgrades?

You can read more of the terms and condition here..
https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/spa

COMPLIMENTARY SPA ENHANCEMENT SERVICE:
  • Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite Members are eligible to enjoy a choice of complimentary spa enhancement service for every eligible spa treatment purchased.
  • Spa enhancement service is an added-value that does not require an additional charge or extend a spa treatment time that is already booked by an eligible Member.
  • Choice of complimentary spa enhancement services varies by participating spas and subject to change at any time with or without notice.

It seems that the enhanced services varies from property to property, so there is no set policy for it. Who knows, you might get a 10 minute free or something. Just speculating.

Makes sure to settle the bill at the Spa or Restaurant to qualify for your bonus points and discounts. From the T&C, it says points or discounts won't be credited retro-actively.

geminidreams Mar 6, 2019 11:46 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 30851235)
I agree the deserved comment made above was unnecessary. But I'm confused. I thought SPG Golds did not have access to the exec lounge under the SPG program & it was something SPG Golds got temporarily when they were able to link their accounts w/ MAR, which then gave them MAR Gold/(then Plat) & exec lounge access temporarily (temporarily being if they didn't requalify for Plat; if they did, then they still get lounge access).

Under SPG you could achieve Platinum with 25 stays or 50 nights. So it was possible to qualify for platinum with between 25 - 50 nights if you were someone who did a lot of one nighters.

SkiAdcock Mar 6, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by geminidreams (Post 30855276)
Under SPG you could achieve Platinum with 25 stays or 50 nights. So it was possible to qualify for platinum with between 25 - 50 nights if you were someone who did a lot of one nighters.

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers.

Marno Mar 6, 2019 6:12 pm

I tested this out Saturday night at the Marriott Manila. My husband and I had dinner at the steakhouse and after dinner drinks at the bar. I provided my Platinum number when receiving both bills and promptly received 20% off. We were not staying in the hotel. Haven't seen any points post but I was very happy with the discount.

JBauer Mar 6, 2019 6:39 pm

Ice cream?

I’m Titanium Ambasador.

So my my three kids get ice cream free every stay? Every night? Or with a purchased entree?

and where is the list of participating Asia hotels for the 20% benefit?

SHLTP Mar 6, 2019 7:18 pm

I got 30% off a meal Sheraton Pudong when not a.guest, better than 20% under SPG. Great program.

My son got free ice cream at a resort. Not sure if he got because we ordered food but I don't think so.

Overall Marriott is making some positove changes and some negative.

If they can get it and corporate Cs better, I'd be happy. Program rules and on property service ok
​​​​
​​​

SkiAdcock Apr 11, 2019 3:20 pm

A FT friend of mine is in China right now & he just emailed that through June 30th, properties in Greater China are offering 30% dine discount to elites.

Cheers.