Wiki Posts
Search

3 different reservations for a stay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
3 different reservations for a stay

I have 3 different reservations for my next stay at Sheraton Miyako. the second reservation which is in the middle is award reservation.

Will I be able to combine the reservations? I need to pay it as 1 bill. I understand the hotel can transfer the amount but will this cause any issue when the # nights got posted into my accounts?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You can combine points + cash online with marriott. i.e. night 1 cash, night 2-3 award, night 4 cash, night 5 award, etc.

However that isn't available with all rate types.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lingua101
I have 3 different reservations for my next stay at Sheraton Miyako. the second reservation which is in the middle is award reservation.

Will I be able to combine the reservations? I need to pay it as 1 bill. I understand the hotel can transfer the amount but will this cause any issue when the # nights got posted into my accounts?
Just curious why it needs to be one bill? As long as the nights don't overlap you should get credit for all nights. Something you can ask at the front desk is for them to roll the charges from one rez to the next, but not sure if all FDCs know how to do that.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You can combine points + cash online with marriott. i.e. night 1 cash, night 2-3 award, night 4 cash, night 5 award, etc.

However that isn't available with all rate types.
night 1 and 3 flexi rate cash. Night 2 redemption.

i still have redemption booking at night 3 actually, but the rate difference between night 2 and 3 is very huge, is like 25%. Night 2 is even more expensive than night 1

Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Just curious why it needs to be one bill? As long as the nights don't overlap you should get credit for all nights. Something you can ask at the front desk is for them to roll the charges from one rez to the next, but not sure if all FDCs know how to do that.
coz there is credit card promo if I spend $x I will get $y rebate
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I'd first check with cc issuer to see if it is cumulative spend, or a one-time spend. There was an AMEX offer for Marriott a few months back, which I thought was a one-time spend, but upon calling happily found out was based on cumulative spend. Sure enough, the credit posted after my second stay when I crossed the spend threshold.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus

coz there is credit card promo if I spend $x I will get $y rebate
Why do 2 charges of $150 not work but 1 charge of $300 does work? They total $300.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I do this all the time with Hilton (maybe with Marriott, too, but I can't remember a specific). When I check in I tell them I have multiple consecutive reservations (so I don't have to check in and out for each one). I've always gotten one bill at the end.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OP might want to contact the hotel in advance to request that rooms be assigned so that there's no need to switch rooms during the stay. Otherwise, you can try asking at check in for the reservations to be combined, but I've had difficulty in the past with front desk supervisors telling me that this was done when it wasn't.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Consecutive nights should wrap into one stay. Pay on departure.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by utgypsy
I'd first check with cc issuer to see if it is cumulative spend, or a one-time spend. There was an AMEX offer for Marriott a few months back, which I thought was a one-time spend, but upon calling happily found out was based on cumulative spend. Sure enough, the credit posted after my second stay when I crossed the spend threshold.
It is per transaction not cummulatives
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:13 am
Original Poster

I have no issue with the stay. Upon check in, I told the staff that I got 2 other reservations and he found it.

Upon check out, I have noticed there may potential issue as the folio showed arrival on 13-Jan and departure on 14-Jan.

In the details there is room charge for 11 and 13 Jan. Now the stay has posted. I think the points is correct but it posted only for 1 night as it shows 13-14 Jan, and Marriott does not show night credit.

Luckily this is my first stay, so I can easily find out.

I just sent an email to Spgchampion. I hope this will get rectified soon.

Quite frustrating experience.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have no issue with the stay. Upon check in, I told the staff that I got 2 other reservations and he found it.

Upon check out, I have noticed there may potential issue as the folio showed arrival on 13-Jan and departure on 14-Jan.

In the details there is room charge for 11 and 13 Jan. Now the stay has posted. I think the points is correct but it posted only for 1 night as it shows 13-14 Jan, and Marriott does not show night credit.

Luckily this is my first stay, so I can easily find out.

I just sent an email to Spgchampion. I hope this will get rectified soon.

Quite frustrating experience.
Yes, that was a disadvantage of booking single nights, consecutive with SPG. You only got night credits for the last reservation. The only way around it (that I found) is to close out the folio after each reservation.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, that was a disadvantage of booking single nights, consecutive with SPG.
I always got full credit for nights and stays when booking consecutive single nights with SPG.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Unhappy

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Yes, that was a disadvantage of booking single nights, consecutive with SPG. You only got night credits for the last reservation. The only way around it (that I found) is to close out the folio after each reservation.
are you saying there is no way for this to get rectified?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.