Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hot pockets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Seems to me that I'm in the minority here, but I'm just as curious as OP as to how they're even getting these without the sleeve...
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
I'm just as curious as OP as to how they're even getting these without the sleeve...
Especially since they would have to be produced as a small-batch exception, then inventoried as a unique SKU as they passed through at least two food service warehouses, before they were delivered to an individual property.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Paging anyone with a “Smalltown America to Global” dictionary to translate into something the rest of us might understand ......
How is this a smalltown America? Frozen food is something urban America is the best in the world at!
If you just go to England and look in their grocery stores and their sad selection of frozen food, you would realize how deprived they are
jrm68 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
Especially since they would have to be produced as a small-batch exception, then inventoried as a unique SKU as they passed through at least two food service warehouses, before they were delivered to an individual property.
Small batch?
You mean ‘artisanal hot pockets’??
KRSW and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody notice that the hot pockets Marriott carries don't have any crisper sleeves? Why not? I have never seen them without crisper sleeves, the technology that actually makes them crispy!

You would think for $4 Marriott can not buy hot pockets from a decade ago.
Are you serious?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Quick google search shows that others have encountered this “issue.” Consensus seems to be just microwave it without the sleeve, it just won’t be as crispy of course.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bricksoft
"Made with 100% REAL CHEESE"
Does this mean the other ingredients are not 100% real?

What is real cheese and what could be fake/false/imitation/counterfeit cheese?
Processed cheese like Velveeta and such are not allowed to be called cheese. They are called cheese food or processed cheese, depends where. So they must have actual cheese in them like mozzarella seeing as how they are kind of like pizzas.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
This thread should be a sticky
EuropeanPete and BrightlyBob like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:51 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
This thread should be a sticky
Perhaps along with the master lounge thread, we'd have a master hot pockets (and oatmeal) thread so we get an accurate listing of each property!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I prefer the meatball version.

With sleeve of course

How many MR points does a sleeve cost in the market?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I keep Hot Pockets in my freezer at home. They're good as a quick snack. I also buy singles occasionally at convenience stores when I'm traveling and there are no options more to my liking. The boxes of Hot Pockets I've bought at supermarkets & Costco for the past umpteen years have the crisping sleeves wrapped with each serving, while the single-serve packages I buy at convenience stores never do. Obviously the manufacturer, Nestle, offers different packaging for individual resale. The question, then, is whether they do that to keep the cost lower and, if so, how much they save by not having that sleeve. Can it really be more than a few pennies?
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:50 pm

Seriously, is a Hot Pocket the best thing you could come up with? I don't know that I've ever felt THAT desperate while staying at a hotel.

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Processed cheese like Velveeta and such are not allowed to be called cheese. They are called cheese food or processed cheese, depends where. So they must have actual cheese in them like mozzarella seeing as how they are kind of like pizzas.
It's also why Breyer's isn't allowed to call their product "Ice Cream" anymore. Instead it's "Frozen Dairy Desert." Does anyone remember when Breyer's advertising prided themselves on using high quality ingredients?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Ever heard of Velveeta or Cheez Whiz?
It's a much broader category. There was an extensive discussion in the DL forum about fake cheese in airport lounges.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by adunker
Yes. But in a way where people still eat them in a self-deprecating manner. Or maybe if you're in college/high school and have no shame.
I keep thinking about a Cinnabon here.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There was an extensive discussion in the DL forum about fake cheese in airport lounges.

There was an extensive discussion in the UA forum about stealing fake cheese from airport lounges.

Sadly, the all time best FT hotel food thread ("Hampton Inn Berlin Does Not Serve Waffles") has been removed from the site. (But can still be found here: Hampton Inn Berlin Does Not Serve Waffles)
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.