Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Are stay credits lost for check in after midnight ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Are stay credits lost for check in after midnight ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I wrote to the hotel with an acknowledgement but no result. Applied through a missing stay which is a little annoying as they only allow for claiming the missing points on the form not the missing nights. Got a response that the points had credited so replied to that and said it was the nights count that was off to which I got a response saying we checked and all was correct. I responded once again and asked who I should forward my complaint to. I then got a response 2 days later saying it had been fixed and I just checked and it has been fixed! So I received what I should have received but a lot of effort to chase one night. Im not even sure it was worth it as am LTG and unlikely to requalify for plat again since I cant get multiple room credits like SPG gave but i would kick myself if I found at the end of the year I was 1 night short and I had not done something about it.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

We'll see if I lose a night credit after this past stay. Checked in at 2:30am.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:32 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by chad75
I had a similar issue at the Grosvenor House in Dubai. The hotel was able to do a manual adjustment for me - might be worth trying to deal with them. Marriott will be hopeless to deal with - especially if your folio shows the checkin date to be the morning of your arrival. My issue was solved by the hotel putting my arrival time at 11.59 pm the night before as opposed to 5.00 am the next morning.
I also stayed at the Grosvenor House this week and was a late arrival. I phoned them to explain. They said they could do nothing as needed my ID under Emirates law!
So Im now faced with 2 bookings retro claiming for late arrival already this year, plus 2 of my other stays simply havent posted. Im beginning to wonder if I need to rethink strategy here.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Beano HK
I also stayed at the Grosvenor House this week and was a late arrival. I phoned them to explain. They said they could do nothing as needed my ID under Emirates law!
So Im now faced with 2 bookings retro claiming for late arrival already this year, plus 2 of my other stays simply havent posted. Im beginning to wonder if I need to rethink strategy here.
Kazakhstan is the same way. Wondering now as well.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have never had an issue on this area. I often book a night early when arriving 4am and to 7am, it has always posted correctly so far. Of course I have always communicated my expected arrival time to the hotel, and often booked at hotel pick up from the airport

Now I may have jinxed my current stay where I was delayed until around 3am due to my flight.... Let's see.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:49 am

Ive experienced a similar problem: booked a two night stay, but checked out before midnight before the second night (around 10pm) and even though I paid for two nights, only got 1 night credit. im just Just too lazy to complain.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
When I travel internationally and arrive first thing in the am I always book a room for the night prior. However when I do this I do two things to ensure no issues

1 I call Marriott and ask for a note be added to my reservation regarding my arrival time

2 I use mobile check in

i always get my nights credited and used this tactic as recently as last week
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:01 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Beano HK
I dealt with the executive assistant to the GM - who followed up from the post stay survey - unfortunately I can't find her email. I have the Night Manager's business card so should be able to provide you with his contact details if you think it could be of assistance.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
When I travel internationally and arrive first thing in the am I always book a room for the night prior. However when I do this I do two things to ensure no issues

1 I call Marriott and ask for a note be added to my reservation regarding my arrival time

2 I use mobile check in

i always get my nights credited and used this tactic as recently as last week
I had used mobile checkin and it did not help.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Just to be clear, did you check in before midnight hotel time? If you did then the property failed and they need to be called on it.

EVERY night auditor needs to be trained to process late (post midnight) check ins as of the day before. I can imagine some of these check ins aren't processed until the following night. Getting code written to handle this situation will be a very long time in coming, especially since some people will be checking out before the latest check in.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I would imagine that putting a note in Chat to the effect "Please process my check-in so I get night credit for MM/DD" should help too.
Beano HK likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Had a similar issue last week where a flight canceled and I was rebooked the next day due to no flights left. I booked at the Fairfield and did mobile check in before the cut off and showed up at the hotel at around 12:30am and had no issues getting the stay credited. Granted it was a Fairfield but still...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Just to be clear, did you check in before midnight hotel time? If you did then the property failed and they need to be called on it.

EVERY night auditor needs to be trained to process late (post midnight) check ins as of the day before. I can imagine some of these check ins aren't processed until the following night. Getting code written to handle this situation will be a very long time in coming, especially since some people will be checking out before the latest check in.
I checked in on line about 8pm hotel time.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I would imagine that putting a note in Chat to the effect "Please process my check-in so I get night credit for MM/DD" should help too.
It was actually the first time I every used the App. I actually downloaded it specifically so I could check in knowing I had an early morning arrival. I didnt consider using the chat feature but I as the hotel had written to me asking if I needed an airport pickup and I had replied asking them to ensure I was checked in I just hoped they would comply.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
My stay at St Regis Bangkok just posted, and despite only checking in at 03:30am due to a flight delay, the night count showed correctly. So I am still with 100% success rate for night count posting correctly when checking in at odd hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.