Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Elite Status Soft Landing [Drop only one level if status is not re-attained]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Elite Status Soft Landing [Drop only one level if status is not re-attained]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:16 am

Titanium soft landing to Gold just now in the Marriott app.

It hurts!
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Downgrade to LTT also just confirmed in the App

Glad they could process all these right before they furlough their (already meager) IT department!
yurtripper likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Downgraded to Silver from Platinum.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 9:37 am

Wow plats getting downgraded to silver, not even gold?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Titanium from Ambassador. I feel like there was probably a better time to do this, but what do I know
unclepants, UA-NYC and Yul_voyager like this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Titanium to Gold. I’m LTG anyway, so not much of a soft-landing. Fortunately an expensive stay last week posted with the Titanium bonus just before the status changed.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Both downgraded from T to G (LTG anyway). Hilton is extending Mr. D status and we are IHG P, so Marriott might not get many paid stays from us this year.
yurtripper and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Downgraded from Tit to Plt (which I qualified for last year) also being LT Plt
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
so much for a one level softlanding 😁😁 I went from Titanium to Gold no more Bonvoy nights for me in 2020. what a mess of a company 😁😁
yurtripper likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Titanium to Gold! Now it's an easy decision to cancel that resort stay I had lined up for later in the year, Covid or no Covid.

And let's not forget there was at least one post from a lurker that said soft landing was a thing for 2020, even well before COVID-19 killed the travel industry.

Gotta love those genius marketers at Marriott!
UA-NYC and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
BTW, Hilton CS have been absolutely exemplary in their handling and communication regarding canx and refunds for bookings affected by Covid-19. Fortunately, my Bonvoy bookings were all flex and I haven't had to worry about using their terrible CS or wonder about their small-print getout clauses in the coronavirus waiver.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Titanium to Gold! Now it's an easy decision to cancel that resort stay I had lined up for later in the year, Covid or no Covid.

And let's not forget there was at least one post from a lurker that said soft landing was a thing for 2020, even well before COVID-19 killed the travel industry.

Gotta love those genius marketers at Marriott!
Guys, I thought Marriott Lurker confirmed everyone will get soft landing (ie titanium to plat). What happened to it? Were all of us given incorrect info?
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Guys, I thought Marriott Lurker confirmed everyone will get soft landing (ie titanium to plat). What happened to it? Were all of us given incorrect info?
once again we got BonVoyed 😂 who is suprised. indeed wrong information was given or marriott IT at its best.

I for one was under the wrong impression that a one level softlanding was in place and thought marriott marriott might even be lenient on that given The current state of the the world BUT I also have no worries about the status Marriot made their decision and I and many others Will Make ours...

bad form Marriott once again
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by davidw70
Titanium to Gold. I’m LTG anyway, so not much of a soft-landing.
Same here. I'm trying not to be too sad, as I should have been Platinum last year and I never did understand why I kept Titanium another year. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:36 pm

76 night Titanium to ~25 night Gold. No soft landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.