Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum Elite - pick 5 elite nights or 5 suite nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Elite - pick 5 elite nights or 5 suite nights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
[QUOTE=margarita girl;30235601] SNIP
Also check to see what upgrades are offered with the SNA. (Some properties offer you an upgrade to an Executive Room. Looking at you Renaissance BCN. )
/QUOTE]

I thought the Le Meridien BCN was a pile of crap too with absolutely zero room upgrade for me as a Platinum (DYKWIA!!!), a mediocre 3* breakfast spread (compared to Asian Le Meridian hotels) and of course no lounge or Platinum drinks in the evening. Service was excellent but may as well have stayed at a Four Points.

Where to stay in BCN to get some loyalty benefits?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Question Normal delay in Platinum Choice offer after qualifying?

My account overview says I have 54 nights this year. How soon after attaining 50 nights is one supposed to be offered the Platinum Choice? Do they send you an e-mail?

I have tried looking up benefits on their website, but it has glitches today.

If I do not hear something by the end of September, perhaps I should call Marriott Rewards in early October?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
My account overview says I have 54 nights this year. How soon after attaining 50 nights is one supposed to be offered the Platinum Choice? Do they send you an e-mail?

I have tried looking up benefits on their website, but it has glitches today.

If I do not hear something by the end of September, perhaps I should call Marriott Rewards in early October?
As mentioned slightly upstream a few entries, you should be prompted to your benefits once you've signed into your account. I just did it since I've still not selected a gift as well since crossing over to platinum.

Upon selecting the Account Overview option, you should see a little icon of a gift and the title "You earned Benefit of Choice for staying 50 nights. " Click in the link on the right to "view gifts". voila... You're ready to go from there!!!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:29 pm

Previously on SPG.com I could see how many Suite Night Awards (SNA's) I had remaining from my original allotment of 10 -- is this still visible/accessible on the website. Does someone have a link or route to get there please?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thatsthatmattressman
Previously on SPG.com I could see how many Suite Night Awards (SNA's) I had remaining from my original allotment of 10 -- is this still visible/accessible on the website. Does someone have a link or route to get there please?
Yes. Log in, go into Overview, scroll down. They should show.

Of course, in craptastic Marriott IT fashion they took one of my 2019 SNAs for a stay later this year, vs. the existing 2018 SNA I have left. SMH.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Click on Overview in the drop down menu and scroll down.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Nights in Bed Only?

Some of my 50 nights are credit card nights. Maybe that is why I am not being offered the Annual Gift Choice?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bugs in the software.

To answer my own question, the steps described above, which did not work for me yesterday, succeded today.

With a recent 6-day stay, my choice of 5 Elite nights will bump me up to 65 nights -- including credit card nights, which do indeed count.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 24, 2018 at 8:40 pm Reason: Comma.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Some of my 50 nights are credit card nights. Maybe that is why I am not being offered the Annual Gift Choice?
i achieved Platinum after the merge in August having 50 nights including credit card nights. I was Gold in the old world. I am not able to select a “gift”. Am I not eligible? I may call today if I have the time....
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:53 pm

Hmmm I still don't see it?

I know I have 1 left (as I had to cancel one to know that 1 still remained!). I go to the Overview section and scroll down but nothing there. Should it be below your upcoming reservations or in your Platinum Elite details section or below the Lifetime section??
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm I still don't see it?

I know I have 1 left (as I had to cancel one to know that 1 still remained!). I go to the Overview section and scroll down but nothing there. Should it be below your upcoming reservations or in your Platinum Elite details section or below the Lifetime section??
In the Overview section, I have:
  • Next upcoming reservation
  • You are Platinum Premier Elite
  • You earned Benefit of Choice for staying 50 nights
  • You are Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • Suite Night Awards
  • Latest Activity
Also, under Activity, I have;
  • Earned awards
Hope that helps.

Last edited by margarita girl; Oct 6, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:13 pm

Thank you Margarita Girl; yes that helps. I fear it was a bug as it clearly was not there before I went back today and voila!

margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: MPC -> QFF
Originally Posted by margarita girl
No. Many SPG people were burned when they attempted that. The Elite nights will be retroactively added to your 2018 total. Sorry
So the only way this is useful is if you are just >6 nights short of 75 for the year? Or is there something obvious that I am missing...
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by fluffydot
So the only way this is useful is if you are just >6 nights short of 75 for the year? Or is there something obvious that I am missing...
<5*. But yes, that's where it's useful. If nowhere near hitting 75, or you're going to clear 75 nights no problem, pick something else. I'm holding off on doing my 50 night choice because I'm somewhere in the middle...I think I'll clear 75 nights, but I want to be sure first.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fluffydot
Could also be useful for someone who has $20K spend but is 5 nights short of 100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.