FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott changing point sharing option (now 100k) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1926143-marriott-changing-point-sharing-option-now-100k.html)

onlysuites Dec 20, 2018 2:49 am

Originally Posted by jtp1947 (Post 30549955)
It is not allowed anymore.

That's a pity.

GUWonder Dec 20, 2018 4:02 am

Originally Posted by mcdullhk88 (Post 30489244)
Looks like you can send only 100K per year, regardless of who the recipient is.

Just tried to send points, but the system denied me because I had transferred 100K to other family members earlier in the year.

CSR said the limit resets every calendar year, and also applies to receiving points.

This is truly a devaluation to the Marriott program, as it hinders our ability to hit 5th night free thresholds by points transfers.

Anti-customer changes that cause the points to be worth less than before is the corporate order of the day from Marriott. It’s a pity that it’s come to this, but this kind of behavior from Marriott is what I was expecting of Marriott when it came to point transfers.

skicowboys Dec 20, 2018 4:52 pm

The transfer from my wife only took a few minutes, but as she can only transfer 100,000 a year the rest of her AmEx points will be turned into Hilton points, so I'm not sure this is to Marriott's advantage as we will then stay at Hilton.

helvetic Dec 21, 2018 3:40 am

Amex -> Marriott or Hilton is a terrible transfer. You're better off moving it to airlines or redeeming it for travel with a business platinum.

ringingup Dec 24, 2018 4:32 am

Data point... we've just done a transfer and it was virtually immediate.

helvetic Dec 24, 2018 8:48 am

It's always been immediate.

vga Dec 24, 2018 8:58 am

Thats good>> Thanks for sharing.

ringingup Dec 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 30570070)
It's always been immediate.

It was never immediate for me when I used to transfer SPG points.

Also the wiki of this thread suggests that it may not be immediate.

helvetic Dec 24, 2018 4:14 pm

The Marriott transfers of today came from the Marriott transfers of yesterday, which were immediate — not the SPG transfers which have been killed and took forever.

skicowboys Dec 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Amex -> Marriott or Hilton is a terrible transfer. You're better off moving it to airlines or redeeming it for travel with a business platinum.
Hi, not always, here in the UK it's 1:2 MR:Hilton and I had a targeted 1:3 so this was great value, or at least I think so, ymmv.

Michilander Dec 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Called to have points transferred from my wife's account to mine about an hour ago. As of now, points have not transferred. If they don't show up by morning, will have her call again.

During the conversation my wife asked the agent to confirm that her LT balance would not dip below 2M, as she is hoping for LTPP on 1 Jan. Agent told her that transfers do not affect LT balance. If so, this is a change from prior to the merger. Has anyone else that has made a transfer been able to confirm their LT total afterward?

frudd38 May 9, 2019 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 30575845)
Called to have points transferred from my wife's account to mine about an hour ago. As of now, points have not transferred. If they don't show up by morning, will have her call again.

During the conversation my wife asked the agent to confirm that her LT balance would not dip below 2M, as she is hoping for LTPP on 1 Jan. Agent told her that transfers do not affect LT balance. If so, this is a change from prior to the merger. Has anyone else that has made a transfer been able to confirm their LT total afterward?

Did a transfer earlier today that has yet to show up, although agent confirmed it was immediate as she seemed to verify it.

Finkface May 9, 2019 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 31084443)
Did a transfer earlier today that has yet to show up, although agent confirmed it was immediate as she seemed to verify it.

Neither of my last two transfers have been immediate. The points are deducted immediately but receipt took around 3-5 days.

onlysuites May 10, 2019 3:26 am

Have done 3 in the last month and all were instant.

stallion114 Jun 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Can person A with 200k Marriott points send 100k to person B and 100k to person C?