FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925977-faq-selecting-annual-choice-benefit.html)

MSPeconomist Aug 29, 2018 2:09 pm

The December 31st expiration (not including NYE) has been SPG policy.

MilesTalk Aug 29, 2018 2:24 pm

I'd also been very anxiously checking. Now that I've chosen then, I'm at a loss for:

a) How to see my current/remaining SNAs in my account. I see no tab for anything like SNAs
b) How do I apply it to an existing SPG reservation?

Anyone applied these yet?

cruisr Aug 29, 2018 2:32 pm

I selected the SNAs, received the email and when I look at my reservations online (and in the app) I cannot see how to apply them. What should I be looking for that I am missing?

rny321 Aug 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa (Post 30144906)
I can confirm the free night posts immediately.

Expiry is Dec 31, 2019. It says expiry is end of the following year on which it was awarded, and deadline to choose is Jan 14. Not sure whether selecting in Jan 2019 would extend the validity to Dec 31, 2020.

"The Free Night Award (up to 40,000 points) must be redeemed for a stay that occurs no later than December 31 of the year following the year in which the additional benefit is selected (e.g., if the benefit is selected in 2019, the deadline for redemption is December 31, 2020)."

seanp7 Aug 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by MilesTalk (Post 30144977)
I'd also been very anxiously checking. Now that I've chosen then, I'm at a loss for:

a) How to see my current/remaining SNAs in my account. I see no tab for anything like SNAs
b) How do I apply it to an existing SPG reservation?

Anyone applied these yet?

Me too. For (b), it's certainly not in the pre 8/18 place within an existing reservation.

Le sigh....

Michilander Aug 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Annual Choice has gone live

Was just able to make the selections for 50 and 75 nights.

CCIE_Flyer Aug 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Interesting. I have well over 50 combined nights. However, some of these were rollover and some were CC - I do not have 50 or more stay nights in 2018. Here is the message I received (bolding mine):

We’re sorry.

You're not yet eligible to choose an Annual Choice Benefit. Once you stay at least 50 eligible nights in a qualifying period, you'll get to choose one of these Annual Choice Benefits:

Five Suite Night Awards™
  • The gift of Silver Elite status for a friend or family member
  • Five Elite Night Credits
  • $100 (USD) donation to UNICEF
  • 40% off your favorite hotel bed

jdj84 Aug 29, 2018 4:14 pm

I was just able to select my 5 SNA's as well. I have no idea how they work, or where you can see them in your account anywhere though.

Ord Liza Aug 29, 2018 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer (Post 30145401)
Interesting. I have well over 50 combined nights. However, some of these were rollover and some were CC - I do not have 50 or more stay nights in 2018. Here is the message I received (bolding mine):

We’re sorry.

You're not yet eligible to choose an Annual Choice Benefit. Once you stay at least 50 eligible nights in a qualifying period, you'll get to choose one of these Annual Choice Benefits:

Five Suite Night Awards™

At what point in the process did it say that? After you tried to actually select or before? I ask because I've gotten as far as the screen that asks me if I'm sure that's the selection I want, but I didn't select.

CCIE_Flyer Aug 29, 2018 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ord Liza (Post 30145440)
At what point in the process did it say that?

Believe I was taken straight to that screen after logging in. I'll try again after a bit and see what I see - this may well be policy for all I know, and I'm fine with it if so. It's probably yet another missed opportunity to earn a bit of good will, but clearly that's not a priority for the transition team.

margarita girl Aug 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by jdang (Post 30144808)
I chose 5 SNA and tried to use it for JW HK and it only lets me choose premier room. Kinda lame.

Marriott is redefining "suite"! I had the same experience with Renaissance BCN. My SNA could be used to upgrade to a 32 sqm Executive Room. :rolleyes:

margarita girl Aug 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa (Post 30144906)

Expiry is Dec 31, 2019. It says expiry is end of the following year on which it was awarded, and deadline to choose is Jan 14. Not sure whether selecting in Jan 2019 would extend the validity to Dec 31, 2020.

Based on my experience with SPG, it definitely won't! Some people who chose the Elite nights in January thought they would be added to the new year, when in fact they were added to the year in which they were earned. So don't try to outsmart the system! ;)

RobOnLI Aug 29, 2018 5:09 pm

A few reminders:

1. It says the SNAs can take up to 48 hours to appear in your account. You will see an entry for Suite Night Awards under your "Account Overview" on both website and app. This is where it appears for me with my SNAs that moved over from my account merge with SPG.
2. Marriott does not set what rooms can be used with an SNA. Each property reserves the right to choose which rooms are available for SNA upgrades. Marriott has not dictated this, the property has. So get upset with the property but not Marriott corporate on this one.
3. SNAs cannot currently be used on the Marriott app or the website. You have to call the elite line to apply them. And I've not tried this yet myself so I don't know how easy/difficult it will be. (Note: plenty of people posting that it's still possible to use them on the SPG app).

My assumption is any SNA chosen this year is valid through 12/31/2019. That's how SPG would work. They were valid until the end of the following year.

-RM

VickiSoCal Aug 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer (Post 30145401)

We’re sorry.

Five Suite Night Awards™

Same thing and husband has over 50 nights but some are from credit card.

OssianBlue Aug 29, 2018 5:40 pm

I have 60 eligible nights including 27 from CC and 10 from meetings and I have the option to select one of the 50 night gifts.

It says: " Congratulations. You stayed 50 eligible nights this year. Now you can select your 2018 Annual Choice Benefit from these options."

Also note that I hit 55 nights in Marriott prior to program merge.