FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925977-faq-selecting-annual-choice-benefit.html)

frenchft Aug 22, 2018 11:32 am

Originally Posted by yyzlhr (Post 30115971)
Early August the below is what showed if one tried to get their 50 night benefit. Don’t think threshold needed to be done after merger and I am firm believer that over 50 combined will get it. Except those who had over 50 in spg before merger.

Coming soon

MEMBERS WITH AT LEAST 50 ELIGIBLE NIGHTS CAN CHOOSE THEIR BENEFIT.

We'll unveil our Annual Choice Benefits and invite eligible members to select the new benefit that suits them best.

We'll send eligible members all the details as soon as the new options are available. In the meantime, keep booking and staying.

Already 140 nights with SPG only and get the 10 upgrade voucher in may for 75.
I see this link also, so I guess that it's generic and not working because as I understood I will not have any new 50/75 benefit this year.

smgainey Aug 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30115137)
No, what was said that you must cross 50 or 75 nights to get the SNAs. So if you have over 50 nights now, then only when you cross 75 would you earn 5 SNAs. Nothing says the benefit is retroactive.

I don't understand what you're saying. I earned 147 Marriott nights and 16 SPG nights prior to Aug 18, so I did cross both 50 nights and 75 nights. Does this mean I get Choice Benefits, or must I "cross" another 75 nights after Aug 18? Thanks!

RobOnLI Aug 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by smgainey (Post 30117268)
I don't understand what you're saying. I earned 147 Marriott nights and 16 SPG nights prior to Aug 18, so I did cross both 50 nights and 75 nights. Does this mean I get Choice Benefits, or must I "cross" another 75 nights after Aug 18? Thanks!

You will be able to choose both (50 & 75) when the link is finally active. No more stays required.

-RM

williamluk Aug 23, 2018 4:33 am

Will find out soon

https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...rds/comingsoon

osotoc Aug 23, 2018 4:59 am

Originally Posted by williamluk (Post 30119052)

Patience continues to be a virtue. :)

Hipplewm Aug 23, 2018 7:38 am

Annual Choice benefits

Obviously SNA are a choice at 50 and 75 nights.....

Website is up, but says they will announce their choices at a later date....

Any idea what the choices will be other than SNA's?

I don't remember this being brought up at all, but feel free to point me to a thread as this forums has kind of been chaotic LOL

RogerD408 Aug 23, 2018 7:40 am

Originally Posted by smgainey (Post 30117268)

As it was explained if you have over 50/75 nights before or after combining, that you would not be entitled to the SNAs for those levels. If you cross those thresholds AFTER the merge, then you would earn them. I'm having a tough time believing they will go retroactive. SNAs can be tough enough but to flood the market will just make it worse. As usual there is a lot of conflicting opinions so let's see what actually plays out.

Hipplewm Aug 23, 2018 7:46 am

Stay 50 eligible nights in one year and you can choose a gift from the following options:
  • 5 Suite Night Awards™
  • The gift of Silver Elite status for a friend or family member
  • 40% off your favorite mattress
  • 5 Elite Night Credits
  • $100 charity donation
Stay 75 eligible nights and you’ll have an additional Annual Choice Benefit. Choose one from the following:
  • 5 Suite Night Awards™
  • One Free Night Award
  • Gift Gold Elite status
  • 40% off Heavenly™ Bed mattress
  • 5 Elite Night Credits
  • $100 charity donation

Score8 Aug 23, 2018 8:30 am

I don't understand the motivation to not go retroactive. Flooding the market isn't an excuse as this is a highly predictable number. Seems pretty random that only folks with fewer nights who stay in the latter half of the year would get 2018 SNA/Free nights. It's rewarding mid-tier over upper tier. Sensibility would show that there is an IT issue with ruling out SPG members who already hit the 50 threshold and were given the SNAs versus the rest of us that hit the 50/75 threshold post-merge of accounts. I'm at like 125 (88/37).

RogerD408 Aug 23, 2018 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Score8 (Post 30119903)
I don't understand the motivation to not go retroactive. Flooding the market isn't an excuse as this is a highly predictable number. Seems pretty random that only folks with fewer nights who stay in the latter half of the year would get 2018 SNA/Free nights. It's rewarding mid-tier over upper tier. Sensibility would show that there is an IT issue with ruling out SPG members who already hit the 50 threshold and were given the SNAs versus the rest of us that hit the 50/75 threshold post-merge of accounts. I'm at like 125 (88/37).

I see so many corner cases that they have to draw the line somewhere. If you were SPG Plat and did 50 nights before 7/27, you may have chosen 10 SNAs, so should they get another 5 if they have over 75 nights now (combined or not)? What about those that have not combined their accounts and have over 50/75 nights, should they also get 5/10 SNAs? That math says a person could get 25 SNAs! With all those SNAs floating around through 2019 would seriously dilute the benefit. And imagine the liability/cost if all those people choose a free night!

As the saying goes, don't go counting your chickens before the eggs have hatched. And in this case, if they do issue the SNAs, will you actually be able to use them?

OssianBlue Aug 23, 2018 8:50 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30119945)
I see so many corner cases that they have to draw the line somewhere. If you were SPG Plat and did 50 nights before 7/27, you may have chosen 10 SNAs, so should they get another 5 if they have over 75 nights now (combined or not)? What about those that have not combined their accounts and have over 50/75 nights, should they also get 5/10 SNAs? That math says a person could get 25 SNAs! With all those SNAs floating around through 2019 would seriously dilute the benefit. And imagine the liability/cost if all those people choose a free night!

As the saying goes, don't go counting your chickens before the eggs have hatched. And in this case, if they do issue the SNAs, will you actually be able to use them?

Again, the notion that Marriott is going to screw its best actual Marriott elites because of this SPG benefit is farcical. "I'm sorry, Mr. Plat Premier with Ambassador Cluster and 125 nights, you don't get either of these benefits because you did all your spending and nights prior to 8/18! Better luck next year!"

RogerD408 Aug 23, 2018 8:58 am

Originally Posted by OssianBlue (Post 30119997)
Again, the notion that Marriott is going to screw its best actual Marriott elites because of this SPG benefit is farcical. "I'm sorry, Mr. Plat Premier with Ambassador Cluster and 125 nights, you don't get either of these benefits because you did all your spending and nights prior to 8/18! Better luck next year!"

We will see how it turns out. They have flipped on other benefits. Maybe they will limit those earned on stays pre 8/18 to be good a shorter period and not all the way through 2019.

RafKa Aug 23, 2018 11:16 am

Yup, looking good for those of us who have crossed either/both 50/75 YTD nights when combining the programs. I'm pretty confident we'll be able to choose both "gifts" when the site is up and running.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9dcdce9198.jpg

Hipplewm Aug 23, 2018 11:37 am

Originally Posted by RafKa (Post 30120738)
Yup, looking good for those of us who have crossed either/both 50/75 YTD nights when combining the programs. I'm pretty confident we'll be able to choose both "gifts" when the site is up and running.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9dcdce9198.jpg

If you go the account overview and on the left where it says you status, it says "See Your benefits" if you click there and scroll down, it lists them, even though the selection page says they haven't determined them yet.

This was mainly to start a discussion about if those are real and which ones to pick.....

The thread about actually being able to pick devolved, so i started this one to focus on the actual selections

RafKa Aug 23, 2018 11:59 am

Sorry I messed up your thread... :rolleyes: