FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925977-faq-selecting-annual-choice-benefit.html)

Hipplewm Aug 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa (Post 30120939)
Sorry I messed up your thread... :rolleyes:

No worries, the reason i initially made the thread is because I saw the same page as you, i didn't find the other stuff for a few hours later.....so I assume we are NOT alone

Points Scrounger Aug 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa (Post 30120738)
Yup, looking good for those of us who have crossed either/both 50/75 YTD nights when combining the programs. I'm pretty confident we'll be able to choose both "gifts" when the site is up and running.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9dcdce9198.jpg

I just combined from 35 Marriott to 61 joint nights. Is this stuff available via the app at all, or only on the full website?

RafKa Aug 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 30121482)
I just combined from 35 Marriott to 61 joint nights. Is this stuff available via the app at all, or only on the full website?

Full website, but it's not up and running yet.

resourceful007 Aug 23, 2018 6:25 pm

I have a question:
I am 7 night away to become PLT Premier . I have an incoming stay of 5 nights which worths a lot of marriott points. I am debating whether I should select 5 elite night as choice benefit.
After selecting 5 nights, I will be 2 nights away from PLT Premier. The question is: in this case, my 5 nights stay will earn points as PLT or PLT Premier?

RobOnLI Aug 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by resourceful007 (Post 30122531)
I have a question:
I am 7 night away to become PLT Premier . I have an incoming stay of 5 nights which worths a lot of marriott points. I am debating whether I should select 5 elite night as choice benefit.
After selecting 5 nights, I will be 2 nights away from PLT Premier. The question is: in this case, my 5 nights stay will earn points as PLT or PLT Premier?

It would post as Platinum because that's all you are to the system. Only after the extra nights post from the stay would you be Plat Premier. So all stays after that would earn at +75%.

-RM

resourceful007 Aug 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 30123123)
It would post as Platinum because that's all you are to the system. Only after the extra nights post from the stay would you be Plat Premier. So all stays after that would earn at +75%.

-RM

Thanks for the info. I would be missing around 6000 points. life....

Michilander Aug 24, 2018 6:01 am

Originally Posted by resourceful007 (Post 30122531)
I have a question:

There is another thread in the Marriott forum that discusses the possible options for the annual award. I seem to recall someone in there mentioning that if you select the elite nights benefit they count toward the next year, not the current year. You might want to double-check that with some SPG folks.

Sb232313 Aug 24, 2018 6:51 am

They count towards current year, not the future year.

RogerD408 Aug 24, 2018 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 30124062)
There is another thread in the Marriott forum that discusses the possible options for the annual award. I seem to recall someone in there mentioning that if you select the elite nights benefit they count toward the next year, not the current year. You might want to double-check that with some SPG folks.

Yes, they count towards current year, so selecting that benefit in December when it won't kick you over a line is a waste of the benefit. But some have done it!

hts Aug 24, 2018 8:30 am

Do we have clarification yet regarding whether or not the 75 night benefit will be available (I don't see the option on either the app or the website)?

More specifically, I obtained 50 SPG nights earlier this year and chose the 1 free night. I stopped staying at SPG's when I got to 73 nights this year and proceeded to earn 27 MR nights. With the merger on 8/18 I'm obviously at 100 nights and believe that I'm entitled for a second benefit choice since I attained 75 nights after 8/18, but can't find confirmation of my understanding on the website, in this (or other forums) and have been on hold for 57 minutes (and counting--no biggie--it's not like I'm Lifetime Platinum or anything and expect to receive front-of-the-queue service or anything--wait, yes I do, lol).

Score8 Aug 24, 2018 8:47 am

Originally Posted by hts (Post 30124547)
Do we have clarification yet regarding whether or not the 75 night benefit will be available (I don't see the option on either the app or the website)?

More specifically, I obtained 50 SPG nights earlier this year and chose the 1 free night. I stopped staying at SPG's when I got to 73 nights this year and proceeded to earn 27 MR nights. With the merger on 8/18 I'm obviously at 100 nights and believe that I'm entitled for a second benefit choice since I attained 75 nights after 8/18, but can't find confirmation of my understanding on the website, in this (or other forums) and have been on hold for 57 minutes (and counting--no biggie--it's not like I'm Lifetime Platinum or anything and expect to receive front-of-the-queue service or anything--wait, yes I do, lol).

Hi, I think we are in a holding pattern on all of this. MR has to technically restrict those from SPG who made 50 nights before the merger from taking further SNAs or free nights, but also allow those with combined numbers above 50 and 75 to have the appropriate choice permissions. There was some confirmation by those in the know that folks that were in the latter camp of exceeding when accounts were combined wouldn't end up with anything. The sentiment among us is that just sounds stupid to punish your most frequent customers due to an inability to track rewards appropriately. I've not read anyone who believes that there ought to be double dipping on SNAs, just fair allocation.

zap7 Aug 25, 2018 8:22 am

Oh my.... :rolleyes: it would be so easy and clean to implement with two simple checks while combining:
1.) If member has >75 nights in any of the two accounts before combining: don't grant (another) 75 night benefit (else: if combined nights >=75 then grant 75 benefit)
2.) If member has >50 nights in any of the two accounts before combining: don't grant (another) 50 night benefit (else: if combined nights >=50 then grant 50 benefit)

after that: grant benefits when crossing 50/75.

Done. Clean, easy, fair, easy to implement.

Marriott15 Aug 28, 2018 11:12 pm

Any update on when we will be able to get the annual reward night up to 40,000 points if we want to use it in September? Also if the hotel is 50,000 points can you use it for 40,000 and have them take 10,000 out?

mikelat Aug 29, 2018 2:36 am

I have 68 nights this year and have a stay coming up in HKG next week. Would love to have SNAs available. Any ideas on if they'll have this working in the next week?

craigthemif Aug 29, 2018 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Score8 (Post 30124635)
I've not read anyone who believes that there ought to be double dipping on SNAs, just fair allocation.

I'm under the impression that the lurkers suggested that you could earn 10 SNAs from SPG50, then another 5 at 75 combined nights, but I would struggle to find the reference.

I also see no reason why you couldn't keep your accounts separate and double dip the SPG50 benefit with the 50 and 75 night benefits from Marriott (essentially legacy nights)