Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vacations by Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:24 am

Trying to play around to see if this is a good deal. Have a trip planned to Aruba so thought about using it there. Need hotel and could use car but no need for ticket. Ive tried like 10 different set of dates and all come up and say No Car available. I guess if there is no car rental its a no go.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Nights not counted if you book through Marriott Vacations

I did a search but didn't find anything. Noticed a thread on Marriott Insiders where people are reporting that their stays at Marriott & Ritz Carlton properties that were booked through Marriott Vacations don't earn them night credit. So just a heads up:

http://www.vacationsbymarriott.com/faqs

Marriott Rewards

Q: Will I receive Marriott Rewards® points for purchasing a package?

A: Marriott Rewards® members will receive a total of 5,000 Marriott Rewards® points for booking a vacation package on Vacations by Marriott. Due to the discounted nature of its packages, Vacations by Marriott is unable to provide additional Marriott Rewards® points beyond the 5,000 points you will receive for your vacation package booking, or to provide qualifying nights used toward Marriott Rewards® Silver, Gold or Platinum status. However, members can receive points for incidental purchases made during their stay.

Q: When will the 5,000 Marriott Rewards® points for booking a vacation package be credited to my account?

A: Marriott Rewards® points are credited to the member's account 4 - 6 weeks after travel has been completed. If you are not currently a Marriott Rewards® member, visit www.MarriottRewards.com and click Join Marriott Rewards to sign up.

Q: Can I use my Marriott Rewards® points or frequent flyer miles to purchase a package?

A: No, at this time you cannot use Marriott Rewards® points or frequent flyer miles to purchase Vacations by Marriott packages.

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I ran into this booking a vacation in Mexico. It's always worth checking with http://www.costcotravel.com as well their prices are competitive.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Oct 3, 2014 at 5:10 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
This stinks. Glad I know about this now before I ever book one of these. When I booked a Hilton vacation a few years ago I got points and nights just fine and without any issues.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
I ran into this at the beginning of the summer. Was booking a hotel thru the Marriott site and it offered me the option of booking a car etc. at the same time. Did not realize that I was booking through Marriott Vacations, and it was never stated that I had left the Marriott site. I didn't pick up on that fact at the time. Points and nights never showed up so I called and was informed that you get a flat 5,000 points and that is it. I needed those nights for the megabonus. In the end they gave me the nights for the megabonus, but I won't make the same mistake twice. It wasn't much less expensive, and I had understood at the time that the 5,000 points was a bonus on top of the usual platinum point earnings. Not.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1k 1mil. Marriott Titanium
www.vacationsbymarriott.com is an agency

Fyi although you go through marriott.com to get there it is an agency and therefore you do not get reward points or nights and it shows up as CL *TRIP CHARGES on your credit card so you don't get bonus points on Marriott Visa card either. I learned the hard way
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by JC1976
Fyi although you go through marriott.com to get there it is an agency and therefore you do not get reward points or nights and it shows up as CL *TRIP CHARGES on your credit card so you don't get bonus points on Marriott Visa card either. I learned the hard way
I just noticed this happening this morning as I was trying to book a reservation off the specific hotel website. After clicking to search for my dates, another window would open to vacationsbymarriott.com. Never happened before today.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
The homepage of vacationsbymarriott.com is somewhat misleading as to Marriott involvement and benefits by including the following language: "Welcome to (vacations by) Marriott. Book with confidence and save Earn Marriott Rewards Points..." I placed the "vacations by" in parenthesis because the words appear in lighter print above the much larger and bolder "Marriott". http://www.vacationsbymarriott.com/

The confusion and advertising puffery is resolved if you click on a faq page which says the below. Of course, many people won't do that and won't notice the faq link.

"Q: Will I receive Marriott Rewards® points for purchasing a package?

A: Marriott Rewards® members will receive a total of 5,000 Marriott Rewards® points for booking a vacation package on Vacations by Marriott. Due to the discounted nature of its packages, Vacations by Marriott is unable to provide additional Marriott Rewards® points beyond the 5,000 points you will receive for your vacation package booking, or to provide qualifying nights used toward Marriott Rewards® Silver, Gold or Platinum status. However, members can receive points for incidental purchases made during their stay."
http://www.vacationsbymarriott.com/faqs
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I remember this came up before in a different thread & the 5K earning mentioned by ohmark was indeed all that someone gets. So obviously it's good to read the T&Cs before booking a package or vacationsbymarriott.

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 1k 1mil. Marriott Titanium
But it contradicts their statement any reservation booked through website.
It should give people the warning like many other sites that you are now leaving our site to go to a 3rd party site.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:51 pm

Sorry about bumping an old thread but I was stupid and booked something through VacationsByMarriott thinking it was run by Marriott. I should have noticed when it asked me for my Marriott number.

Well for my combo flight cost 365. I originally booked it separately for 408. Thinking I will save 43 bucks and get 5000 points compared to the 2000 + 1000(plat) points I would normally get for 200 dollar rooms.

Next time I'm going to do the vacation by marriott and book only 1 night and then book the rest of the night separately. As far as I can tell, I still get United Miles for the flight part. I'll lose out on 1 night and get 5k Marriott points for it.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:47 pm

Vacations by Marriott

This may have already been answered somewhere, but I have been unable to find it.

Vacations by Marriott in the past would give a 5,000 point "bonus" for buying a package, but not qualifying night/elite night credits. Apparently that has been changed.

I have been doing a little poking around and if I am reading this correctly on the Vacations by Marriott, terms and condition page, it states, that effective April 15, 2018 that reward points and elite night credits will be given.https://www.vacationsbymarriott.com/terms-conditions
Go down to item 7 in terms and conditions.

Am I reading this correctly? I hope so!

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:54 am

Just wondering. Has anyone had a chance to look at this or have some personal experience with Vacations by Marriott with the change? Really hope that I am readingn this correctly where you now get elite night credit for these packages.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Did some booking with these lot around end of Aug at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

The booking is not shown on my RCR account though but email from Vacations by Marriott claim it should be earning night and points as per program t&c.

Will post what the result.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Did some booking with these lot around end of Aug at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

The booking is not shown on my RCR account though but email from Vacations by Marriott claim it should be earning night and points as per program t&c.

Will post what the result.
Thanks for the response.

Sounds promising. Hope that is the case. You can get some really good hotel/air packages at times with Vacations by Marriott. Would love to get credit for them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.