FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1924217-marriott-bonvoy-events-program-between-aug-18-2018-end-2019-a.html)

dgreen12 Dec 31, 2019 9:22 am

Originally Posted by ab2013 (Post 31892902)
So have to drop by the front desk and say "Hi I'm here for a meeting that I booked"?

And when I left my meeting, the front desk provided me with a detailed receipt.

ab2013 Dec 31, 2019 10:26 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 31892922)
Yes

Then I can leave whenever I feel like it? (It’s New Years Eve after all :D )

rustykettel Dec 31, 2019 10:53 am

Originally Posted by ab2013 (Post 31893199)
Then I can leave whenever I feel like it? (It’s New Years Eve after all :D )

Yeah, it's your meeting room. Read the complimentary newspaper from the lobby and drink a cup of coffee. Maybe no one else showed up, so leave after 20-30 minutes or whatever. Pay and take your folio. ^

ab2013 Dec 31, 2019 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 31893302)
Yeah, it's your meeting room. Read the complimentary newspaper from the lobby and drink a cup of coffee. Maybe no one else showed up, so leave after 20-30 minutes or whatever. Pay and take your folio. ^

If I didn't care about the meeting nites, that sure would be an expensive newspaper / cup of coffee to have. :D

SpeedyDelivery Dec 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 31892842)
As of 30 December my account was showing 50 nights and that I had requalified for Platinum status. However, my account today is showing 40 nights. The 10 nights for the meeting have disappeared completely from my account.

However, my account doesn’t say that I need 10 more nights to requalify for Platinum but instead states that I need 25 more nights for Titaninum.

CS have no idea why or how to fix it. I’m going to email our Champion for help.

Anyone else experience this?

I also lost my meeting nights in the total nights for 2019. However, my lifetime total still looks correct and it's allowing me to choose my Titanium choice benefit even though the new total is below 75.

jrey Dec 31, 2019 9:01 pm

Does anyone have an event booked for early January 2020? I wonder if the 10 nights might be posted if the contract was signed prior to when they changed the term online.

MaxFlyer Dec 31, 2019 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by jrey (Post 31894869)
Does anyone have an event booked for early January 2020? I wonder if the 10 nights might be posted if the contract was signed prior to when they changed the term online.

I would hope that Marriott would honour a signed contract, otherwise you could have grounds for recourse.

swintec Dec 31, 2019 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by jrey (Post 31894869)

Does the contract with the hotel even address the 10 elite nights? Marriott gave the nights from their end once the hotel used the posting tool.

Zorak Dec 31, 2019 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by swintec (Post 31894973)
Does the contract with the hotel even address the 10 elite nights? Marriott gave the nights from their end once the hotel used the posting tool.

Not explicitly, but my contract included the language

MARRIOTT BONVOY EVENTS
Loyalty program members will receive points or miles for events at participating properties in accordance with the loyalty program terms and conditions in effect at the time of the award [members.marriott.com], provided the member submits his or her valid loyalty program number online prior to completing the booking and is eligible to participate in Marriott Bonvoy Events.
So it can't hurt to screenshot/print to PDF the website terms if it still includes the language about elite nights.

EDIT: although per post 1185 it now explicitly says it only applies through Dec 31, 2019 so this would only help if you booked before it said that and can find a copy e.g. Internet Archive.

jrey Dec 31, 2019 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31894993)

So it can't hurt to screenshot/print to PDF the website terms if it still includes the language about elite nights.

EDIT: although per post 1185 it now explicitly says it only applies through Dec 31, 2019 so this would only help if you booked before it said that and can find a copy e.g. Internet Archive.

I hope Marriott would honor that.

Kaloz Jan 1, 2020 6:33 am

Originally Posted by jrey (Post 31895071)
I hope Marriott would honor that.

I have a meeting room booked for the day after tomorrow, the contract has been signed before they published the change - so I guess we'll figure it out soon...

HHQX888 Jan 1, 2020 7:38 am

And we have results as I told in post STOP ASKING :td: time for next - CreditCard nights.

swintec Jan 1, 2020 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31894993)

The section on you quoted does not mention anything about elite nights, just points or miles and besides that, it also states it wouldbe done using the terms in effect at the time of the award. Did you quote the wrong section of your meeting contract?

Zorak Jan 1, 2020 10:43 am

Originally Posted by swintec (Post 31896174)
The section on you quoted does not mention anything about elite nights, just points or miles and besides that, it also states it wouldbe done using the terms in effect at the time of the award. Did you quote the wrong section of your meeting contract?

I was interpreting points/miles broadly to include elite benefits, which I agree is already debatable, but admit I completely failed to read "at the time of the award" :o

TBH I kinda expected to see the terms of the loyalty program Incorporated by reference so I had some mental blinders on...

hhoope01 Jan 2, 2020 6:13 am

Given the rule changes beginning in January, 2020, discussion on Marriott Events will continue in the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...20-onward.html thread.