Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:25 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Sadly I think I see the first normal platinum devaluation. It has been said that only platinum premier can qualify for suite upgrades at RC properties.. Just watch Next it will be suites in other MR and SPG properties. Didn’t take Marriott long to downgrade the program. Am still disappointed not to be allocated top tier status as was promised when the merger was announced, platinum being the top status at the time. Am on just under 700 nights and have been platinum with the program since its inception with all stays paid cash and in upper tier properties like LC and St. Regis. Do understand that there are those with many more nights so they had to create a higher tier to placate them. Still a bit miffed as in Europe we have no credit card (am reading some are getting 15 nights credit for using cards!?) also have never booked dummy meetings. Appreciate my status will not change but believe that normal platinum benefits will gradually be removed like breakfast club lounge etc so watch this space. In my situation as I transfer points to airline programs I am probably better off using the Amex platinum travel program but for those who rely on using points for their vacations I can see big devaluation. Just my Monday morning cheer up!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by swag
If your one Marriott platinum year was a result of status matching from Starwood, that isn't supposed to count towards lifetime status.
MR Plat status years from SPG Plat match WILL count toward total years Plat. I had 4 years LT MR Plat, but none earned, total merged/combined LT Plat years included those 4 years.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CIT85
MR Plat status years from SPG Plat match WILL count toward total years Plat. I had 4 years LT MR Plat, but none earned, total merged/combined LT Plat years included those 4 years.
William has said they won't. There are a lot of errors currently on the website. Overnight, I went from 780 LT nights to 840 LT nights. I expect that will be corrected. YMMV
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by CIT85
If my understanding is correct the definition of merged number of years was classified as propiertery in a communication from one of the lurkers. So we will probably never know if our higher than expected number of tenor years was intentional or the result of some underperforming IT implementation.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
William has said they won't. There are a lot of errors currently on the website. Overnight, I went from 780 LT nights to 840 LT nights. I expect that will be corrected. YMMV
Originally Posted by X-ON
If my understanding is correct the definition of merged number of years was classified as propiertery in a communication from one of the lurkers. So we will probably never know if our higher than expected number of tenor years was intentional or the result of some underperforming IT implementation.
Before merging, each account displayed LT status for MR and SPG. After merging my LT total were the sums of those numbers, no adjustments up or down. My total number of LT nights were definitely correct at 991. My LT total number of Plat years were 15 SPG and 4 MR (I expected only 3), with total of 19. I also had 39 total years of Plat, Gold and Silver years and 23 total years of Plat and Gold. That was just adding the 2 program total together, no magic formula.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Can you imagine the uproar if members merge and achieve LTP only for it to be walked back if there was some kind of error in adding up the years/nights of platinum. I have taken a screenshot of my LTP status just in case as I thought I would have 9 or 10 platinum years but the website is showing 12! Something doesn't seem right. I think they may have included status match years or something.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:54 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
LTPP Question

Just to clarify, SPG with the required 10 years and 750+ nights who already have this, will not see LTPP until 1/19, correct?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I get a bit of masochistic pride knowing I will now be one of the biggest "lifetime losers", as going into 2019 I will have ~1,050 nights combined (~850 SPG), an equivalent conversion of about 6MM Marriott points...and 9 years of SPG Plat status

Can anyone top that?
1100 nights....9 years Platinum.....well over the 2M threshold....I share your pain!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:22 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Just to clarify, SPG with the required 10 years and 750+ nights who already have this, will not see LTPP until 1/19, correct?
That's the general consensus based on official comments and communication from MR
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Becke
1100 nights....9 years Platinum.....well over the 2M threshold....I share your pain!
If you re-qualify for platinum this year the 2019 status year, does that get you to 10 or no?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Any clue when those with pre-existing LTP status from SPG will at least have that recognized post merger?

I know we will get the PP 1/19,
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
I am cool with that. I got m 10 SNA through SPG when I hit 50 nights earlier this year.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Any clue when those with pre-existing LTP status from SPG will at least have that recognized post merger?

I know we will get the PP 1/19,
You did not get LTP already with the combined program?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Status right now seems to be pretty random, despite claims that it was corrected.

I was LTP in both programs - I should now be LTPP.

SPG tells me I'm regular Platinum, Marriott tells me I'm lifetime Platinum.

I wrote to MR support, who cut and pasted a "we are making updated, stay tuned to status.marriott.com" reply (in a nice colorful font different that the greeting or "thank you for ...".

I replied back that status.marriott.com says all LT statuses are accurate and mine still isn't. No reply for 3 days now.

I've run enough F50 conversion programs to know that challenges, but they're now at the outer limit of what should be acceptable. And the lack of communication is unacceptable.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by swag
Method 1 (web):
1. Log into website
2. Then go here: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Method 2 (app):
1. Log onto (updated, blue) app
2. Hit menu icon (lower right) twice to get to My Account
3. Swipe right to get to Lifetime Status page
4. Click the "Years as --- or higher" label to get to LT status detail page.
Great info swag! I have been trying to get this information from them, but no dice. Using either of the methods yields:
Nights: 395
Years as Silver, Gold or PLT: 13
Years as Gold or PLT: 6
Years as PLT: 6

SPG: (this info shows up on the new website):
Nights: 606
Years as Silver, Gold or PLT: 12
Years as Gold or PLT: 12
Years as PLT: 7

Given the above, I should already qualify for LTPP correct for a combined 10 years and 750 nights across the 2 programs?
And should be notified in Jan 2019 of LTPP?
Not sure if the MR total years includes status match years, I did do status match for at least a year or two.
I haven't combined the 2 programs yet, if need be. I have already achieved PLT for SPG this year and is included in the 7 years total, and I can achieve PLT for MR this year as well in the future travel through 12/31/2018, which I might just do to be on the safe side and gain 1 additional PLT year before 12/31/2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.