Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Washington, DC: Which Ritz-Carlton property is best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

I am considering upcoming stays at the RC Washington, DC property and/or the RC Georgetown property. I wonder which is considered best or favored by most--and why?

Does air con work well at one or both? (I am a freak who prefers my room at 67 F or cooler.)

How does service compare? Food/beverage? Anything else that distinguishes other than the locations?

Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, SPG
I have stayed in both about 2-3 years ago. The Georgetown will be better if you prefer a quieter, more upscale location and neighborhood just 10 blocks or so away. The DC property isnt bad by any means, but I just felt like the Georgetown beats it by a little in every aspect. Did not have club access, but did have lunch and dinner at both properties' restaurants and preferred Georgetown.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The Georgetown location is considered more upscale. But, the West End location is more in the thick of things (all depending on 'thick" to you).

As with most things, it doesn't matter what others consider. Aside from air-conditioning, what is it you want from the property?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
The Georgetown location is considered more upscale. But, the West End location is more in the thick of things (all depending on 'thick" to you).

As with most things, it doesn't matter what others consider. Aside from air-conditioning, what is it you want from the property?
Well, excellent air con is paramount.

But you’ve thankfully answered my question. I already was leaning towards the more boutique Georgetown property, especially since I’d start my business in Arlington. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.