FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1906860-marriott-bonvoy-ambassador-elite-level-experiences-2020-earlier.html)

audrocks Jun 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Mine has gone radio-silent.
How did you request a new one - an email to the generic email address ? Phone call ?

EuropeanPete Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm

There are currently/ have recently (again) email issues with many of my Ambassador’s emails going missing (with multiple clients of his), so it’s possible IT issues may again be at fault.

Segments Jun 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Not getting much from my Ambassador other than basic customer service (like monitoring missing stay requests or registering for promotions). Any recognition clearly comes from hotel due to clearer understanding of Ambassador status.

My 0-1 SNA at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass was interesting though. Wasn’t surprised that SNA was declined as hotel was busy for Memorial Day weekend with lots of families, a large wedding and I had booked an award stay. What was surprising was arriving at front desk hoping for something upgraded from basic award I booked and learned I was gifted the Presidential Suite for a three night stay. Although property is large they treat elites well by giving you a lapel pin to signal staff of your status. Staff crossed the room to say thanks for your loyalty/ can I do anything. Clearly a property who treats elites well as they understand our value to Marriott overall.

UKTraveller4Fun Jun 21, 2019 4:42 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 31224165)
There are currently/ have recently (again) email issues with many of my Ambassador’s emails going missing (with multiple clients of his), so it’s possible IT issues may again be at fault.

Do you know if these emails are replies and have the Marriott tracking code in the email title? I discovered this can often cause an issue and stop emails being delivered. First noticed it when copying my Ambassador into emails to BRG, the tracking number meant they only got delivered to BRG and my Ambassador never got them. Then when trying to forward it just to Ambassador same thing, never got to them until I removed the tracking number from the title.

I do still have to let my Ambassador know what stays I have booked as she cannot always seem them her end, got to love Marriott's IT!

EuropeanPete Jun 21, 2019 6:30 am

That might explain why I’ve noticed my ambassador usually doesn’t actually reply to emails anymore, but instead sends new emails referring to the old one?

Gmail doesn’t like this as the AI keeps flagging up the original sent message as a potential for follow-up...

Keyser Jun 22, 2019 5:04 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 31219834)
A hotel presumably not understanding Your24 again, but this time in the favour of a customer for a change!

at least someone is getting some value out of this benefit....my last 4 your24 request have either been denied or have been on hold for a number of weeks....

EuropeanPete Jun 22, 2019 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 31228119)
at least someone is getting some value out of this benefit....my last 4 your24 request have either been denied or have been on hold for a number of weeks....

Yes, it does rather look like Your24 is never coming back again as a usable benefit. My last one was approved and they didn’t keep a King Bed room available anyways, and the majority before that never even got a response, often despite multiple chases.

I just think it’s a massive statement of intent if your one benefit reserved uniquely to your highest value customers is very unreliable and you don’t do anything about it (tactically or systematically).

damon88 Jun 22, 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 31228449)

Yes, it does rather look like Your24 is never coming back again as a usable benefit. My last one was approved and they didn’t keep a King Bed room available anyways, and the majority before that never even got a response, often despite multiple chases.

I just think it’s a massive statement of intent if your one benefit reserved uniquely to your highest value customers is very unreliable and you don’t do anything about it (tactically or systematically).

While I am generally very happy with the Ambassador experience (enough that I decided to attain again this year) I do believe Marriott needs to add a clear cut benefit to this status that is more reliable than the poorly executed Your24.

helvetic Jun 22, 2019 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Segments (Post 31224350)
Although property is large they treat elites well by giving you a lapel pin to signal staff of your status.

Whaaaa? Interesting, do people actually wear them? Do you have a picture? Is there a Ambassador specific pin or just Plat?

Chewie Jun 23, 2019 4:16 am

I still have a bunch of the JW Marriott griffin pins that they would hand you during check-in.

In 20 years with Marriott, I wore one once (JW Marriott in Phoenix). Got free drinks at the bar and a warm greeting from every staff member that saw the lapel pin.

I should dust one off, just to see if it lands free drinks again :)

I’m checking into the REN in Amsterdam today and noticed a decent upgrade already on the app (plain room > superior club room). One step below a suite, but, I do know they are sold out this week.

Segments Jun 23, 2019 9:15 am

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 31230144)
Whaaaa? Interesting, do people actually wear them? Do you have a picture? Is there a Ambassador specific pin or just Plat?

Think there is one pin for Plat and above (a bronze colored cactus). Yes, people wore them as it also signaled access to the spa which was the resort fee amenity for elites. Spa access includes adults only pool with hot tub and first come free access to cabanas. Much more mellow than the main pool area or lazy river. Saw pins worn in the bar or at breakfast as well. (Where it signaled complimentary continental breakfast buffet)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cd5e54fc6.jpeg

dimon84 Jun 23, 2019 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Segments (Post 31224350)
Not getting much from my Ambassador other than basic customer service (like monitoring missing stay requests or registering for promotions). Any recognition clearly comes from hotel due to clearer understanding of Ambassador status.

My 0-1 SNA at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass was interesting though. Wasn’t surprised that SNA was declined as hotel was busy for Memorial Day weekend with lots of families, a large wedding and I had booked an award stay. What was surprising was arriving at front desk hoping for something upgraded from basic award I booked and learned I was gifted the Presidential Suite for a three night stay. Although property is large they treat elites well by giving you a lapel pin to signal staff of your status. Staff crossed the room to say thanks for your loyalty/ can I do anything. Clearly a property who treats elites well as they understand our value to Marriott overall.

lapel pin? this is interesting :). Would you mind uploading a picture please?

bhrubin Jun 23, 2019 10:05 am

Originally Posted by dimon84 (Post 31231274)
lapel pin? this is interesting :). Would you mind uploading a picture please?

Just look at the post before yours!

EuropeanPete Jun 23, 2019 10:17 am

That lapel is extraordinary. Talk about culture clash!

Chewie Jun 23, 2019 10:36 am

I am not home to take a picture, but here is a good pic of the ones the used to hand you with your room key in Phoenix and they also did it in San Antonio.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Locati...noi-Hanoi.html